It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mindless Barbarian : Brains Beats Brawn, Learn To Think, Violence Is The Answer?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

My beautiful 18 year old cousin was beaten so badly by her sick boyfriend that she was unrecognizable. My aunt and uncle had to have a closed casket funeral. Tell us what resources he was after.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

Originally posted by CaptChaos
These are nice ideas, but, what should one do when confronted with violence? Just die? Or try to defend oneself?

I thought it was quite clear that when you are confronted with violence you should use your brain.

If you didn't understand that then I don't think you should reread the first post.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by ALLis0NE]

While that may be the OP's premise, I thought this was an open discussion forum that is open to opposing views.

The absolutes have no truth in this world. Saying that violence never solves a problem is idiotic. Some people are so ruthless and control so many resources that effect too many peoples lives to just let it be. If they are to take it by deciet and manipulation, we must retake it by force.

I have a brain. I use it quite well. It's kept me out of a multitude of conflicts through my years, but I'm not so naive as some others anymore. Having heart doesn't mean to be non-violent at all times. It means to stick true to what you believe is right, and defend the people at all costs. Sometimes that cost is getting your hands dirty.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Actually, there is a far more simpler method that would destroy their system of destruction, misery, corruption and greed.

Just stop participating in it. Refuse to participate in their system of corruption, and the power that they hold over us would be quickly extinguished.

No bullet would ever need to be fired, and no blood would ever need to be shed.

I think violence is exactly how they want us to respond. As it then gives them the excuse they need to further erode our freedoms under the guise of ensuring our safety.

For those that believe violence is the only answer, I say: Be careful what you wish for. Your actions may create more harm than good.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Double post. My apologies.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Isosceles]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Isosceles

This same line of thinking has gotten us nowhere AT ALL. Yes, to not feed the beast would be the end of her. I'm all for it! I don't pay taxes or have a job, so I'm doing my part. The thing is, I doubt there will ever become a time where enough people will follow through with this to make a dent in the system. People need to feed their families, and rely on the system in one way or another right now. It's just not a realistic means to bring change.

No, the only way I can see us taking back this land is by force. It took a third of the colonists to start the revolutionary war. I think this option is much more feasible.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Exellent SKL!

Its people who think like you and I that really understand violence IS NEVER the answer. Typical human-actions... The mind is truly FAR MORE POWERFUL then anything. Those who question and disagree, that's bc those people have a weak mind or don't know who to shape their minds and thoughts. That or they just choose to live a Physical 3D life forever .. lame

People need to understand its thoughts and mind that lead to actions. Every single action you do is settled in the mind and thoughts of the thinker. You cant do something without thinking about it
lol.
Here is the worst example of this mind thought; the gonvernment will soon reign down on the globe and destroy billions of inoccent people...
This will soon be the biggest heartbreaker the world will EVER know about... we will end up destroying ourselves in offense and defence as civilians..

BUT a conclusion is, everybody stay positive and love eachother for another human being
That way no hate in the heart or mind for anyone and no Negative/Destructive thoughts will ever be generated by a single human mind and EVERYONE will live in peace and harmony...

^ that was a joke, of course that wont happen, people are too occupied trying to get on top and be the best...
When the time comes and the governments of the world go into toatl choas I'm not going have to be the one to say "I Told you so" lol ... you will all realise life is being wasted ina negative ways. Violence isnt the answer for anything in the world !

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick1
reply to post by jackflap

My beautiful 18 year old cousin was beaten so badly by her sick boyfriend that she was unrecognizable. My aunt and uncle had to have a closed casket funeral. Tell us what resources he was after.

First of all let me tell you that I am very sorry for your loss and I know what emotions are involved because I have been there as well. There are no words to express them but I can only tell you that I know what that is like. My post was not intended to be addressing any one specific event but society as a whole. It was a generalization. If I'm not mistaken it was this one.

My reply went even further then this analogy my friend. Ask why the cops need firearms to begin with. Ask why the violence they protect the people from has been exasperated by the false sense of scarcity of resources and the people who feel helpless as to obtain them.

I was not referring to the senseless violence that is perpetrated by a single unstable individual. Who knows what this maniac was after? Again, I am extremely sorry for you and your family and those affected by it.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

This same line of thinking has gotten us nowhere AT ALL. Yes, to not feed the beast would be the end of her. I'm all for it! I don't pay taxes or have a job, so I'm doing my part. The thing is, I doubt there will ever become a time where enough people will follow through with this to make a dent in the system. People need to feed their families, and rely on the system in one way or another right now. It's just not a realistic means to bring change.

No, the only way I can see us taking back this land is by force. It took a third of the colonists to start the revolutionary war. I think this option is much more feasible.

And after the blood has been washed from the streets, what exactly comes next?

The same corporations that currently run the show will still exist. They exist throughout the world , not just in America.

A better question would be who are they? Who is your enemy? Who are you going to kill in order to change your life for the better?

What do you plan to do after the fact? What if the revolutionaries are in the minority? What if the majority of Americans do not want to live under your ideals or beliefs?

How do you ensure that your nation isn't thrown in to complete chaos as a result of this violent revolution? Who would protect your military assets when the majority of your military is overseas and what few do remain would be trying to maintain a semblence of order.

How would you prevent other nations from taking advantage of the situation? I would imagine you would be quite vulnerable to attack, or hostile takeover, yes?

How would you calm the rioting, the looting, the violence and the panicking citizens that would undoubtedly occur during such a situation?

Who would make up your new governing body and how would you ensure that it would not submit to corruption like all the others have throughout history?

How would you stop the migrants from south of the border from taking advantage of the situation and flooding in to your country by the millions?

I could go on and on.

Violence isn't the answer. It will only exacerbate your problems.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

AllisOne, twice you gave flippant remarks. Maybe you should reread and try to understand all the tenets of the Art of War.

What you stated here about violence, totally incorrect.

If the violence is there already, you have already lost.

Unless your intention was to create that violence.

I was trying to go over this in a thread I created about secession, but of course the trolls arrived and I got off examining the possibilities.

Do you not know that if your react to another's actions, you have lost?

I guess people here have to try and be superior, why is that. Instead of being flippant and callous, why not try to teach. You may find you do not know everything. And you may find that others that you feel superior to, can actually teach you something.

Combat is just another form of chess or management or thousands of different things. That is why I find trying to discuss things on this board to be frustrating. Instead of trying to work together, the Pavlovian training of assuming you are the best, gets in the way. I myself try to be humble and see my shortcomings. Though I am quick to anger for trivial machinations. I think it is a problem of mine that I am working on.

Feign weakness when you are strong, feign strength when you are weak.

Read again young padowan. You may actually learn something from those you think are beneath you.

Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.

If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him.

Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Good point, and you are totally correct my friend. After blood is spilled what is net ? Same poeple running the globe the same way, but with a little more manipulating and lying ?

Recently posted but, the only way to overcome this potential violence (government reigning/Wars) is to drop out of the system! i know people think they cant bc they rely on money to survive... YOU ARE HUMAN BEINGS! YOUR MENT TO SURVIVE. We have survived thousnads to the SQ of 10 times! Is it too hard for people to grow there own food for there families. that way they have alll the spare time on the planet until they die? You can do anything if you get out of the system bc EVERYTHING is you you do is YOUR choice, not authorities because there is know such thing as authority. You people think entertainment is more important then Life? (Tv, Video games, Music, Movies) ... I dont understand how a small group of people way back when came up with this glorious idea to run a system (society) and so far are doing a damn good job leaving up their dream. It was there dream then and the autorities now! NOT YOURS!

Get out of the system! Stop going to work, stop and drop your stupid life distractions called entertianment and do whats right for humanity and your family, the poeple you love! Thats all Everyone has to do! Just STOP THE STUPID ROUTINE THEY CONSISTENLY HATE DOING DAY IN AND DAY OUT! Live your own damn life people. Live your dream, love and happiness. We can drop the system and build our own!

Whats an army with no authority( president, generals etc) ? Whats Government with no jobs? Whats jobs with no people? With no people What is a President? Ill tell you what it is right now, the puppet masters... how do you stop the puppet master, GET OFF YOUR STRINGS !

Sad part is a rant like this gets attention by those who already know ... not the people who need too relize WTF is going on in the world. .. .

in a few years, see yall in the ne*t life

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isosceles

And after the blood has been washed from the streets, what exactly comes next?

Freedom.

The same corporations that currently run the show will still exist. They exist throughout the world , not just in America.

Not when we're done with them
If one is to overthrow the oppressive authority in governments, surely this would include global corporations. They have become inseparable.

A better question would be who are they? Who is your enemy? Who are you going to kill in order to change your life for the better?

They are the oligarchs. The elite -- royal families, corporate henchmen, corporate lobbyists, corrupt politicians, financial tycoons, & international and central bankers. Oh yeah, don't put this on me, either. I'm not mankind's savior. We all hold this responsibility. No one man can end mess.

What do you plan to do after the fact? What if the revolutionaries are in the minority? What if the majority of Americans do not want to live under your ideals or beliefs?

Once again, this isn't about me. It's about giving the power back to the people. Decentralizing authority to a much greater extent. The people will decide on what system of order comes next.

How do you ensure that your nation isn't thrown in to complete chaos as a result of this violent revolution? Who would protect your military assets when the majority of your military is overseas and what few do remain would be trying to maintain a semblence of order.

Are you suggesting that staying under an oppressive government is better than taking a risk to gain freedom? Nobody could ensure that chaotic anarchy wouldn't ensue. Certainly there would be ways of tackling the problem which would limit the possibility, but you gotta be willing to take risks. The consequence of doing nothing is far worse than what may come from risking it all.

How would you prevent other nations from taking advantage of the situation? I would imagine you would be quite vulnerable to attack, or hostile takeover, yes?

Did we invade the U.S.S.R. as it was collapsing? People, for the most part, just want to be left alone. Even without our federal government and military, we've got plenty of militia in the U.S. and are more heavily armed than anywhere else. I doubt any nation would be foolish enough to cross the ocean and attempt to take us on.

How would you calm the rioting, the looting, the violence and the panicking citizens that would undoubtedly occur during such a situation?

I would imagine to maintain some sense of order, local and state governments should stay intact.

Who would make up your new governing body and how would you ensure that it would not submit to corruption like all the others have throughout history?

What? Seriously, what? You think it possible to create a system which can't be corrupted over time? Uh...

How would you stop the migrants from south of the border from taking advantage of the situation and flooding in to your country by the millions?

Man, I live in Texas. They aren't going to invade like that. They're integrating here. People just want to provide for their families and be left alone for the most part. If it came down to it, Texans would take up arms and defend the south on this front. It's a non-issue.

I could go on and on.

I'm sure you could.

Violence isn't the answer. It will only exacerbate your problems.

Nonsense. Violence is the only solution. The sooner people come to their senses the sooner this cycle can be completed. Every day that we wait people will continue to lose their minds because of the deteriorating standards of living.

Listen, it's easy. The system is corrupt to the core. It's essentially psychopathic right now. It doesn't learn, doesn't care, and will rape you of everything you've got with no remorse whatsoever. It can't be reformed because the means to do so have been locked down. The only solution is to revolt. The only practical means of revolting is by force.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

AllisOne, twice you gave flippant remarks. Maybe you should reread and try to understand all the tenets of the Art of War.

What you stated here about violence, totally incorrect.

What the heck are you talking about? What did I state about violence? Nothing.

The guy asked what to do when confronted with violence. I told him to use his brain... that was it.

How did you manage to write such a long winded post about nothing?

So then you lost? Since you just reacted to my action?

No...

If someone pulls a knife on you and wants to stab you.... use your brain. It is actually possible to defend yourself without violence, and only using your brain.

Use your brain to figure out the reason he wants to stab you, then figure out how to change that reason so that he doesn't want to stab you. No violence needed.

Of course it's best to never create any reasons for someone to stab you... but (I thought) the question the guy asked was about unsuspected violence that you didn't play a part in. In that case, you just do whatever you need to do to non-violently neutralize the situation, not add to it.

Violence + Violence = More violence

It's a never ending loop until people use their brain to escape it.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Actually, I tried to get a discussion going on secession. Of course just got the normal trollish and boarish behavior from the board trolls. I should never have put bashing and trolling okay. I should have tried it differently.

Violence is the last thing that you want to do if you do not know the outcome.

It would be better to cause the enemy to start the violence to gain moral ground and the backing of more people.

That is why I wanted to investigate the secession possibility.

Choose your battles, do not let your enemy choose the battle, or you have already lost.

Do battle with your enemy on your chosen field. If you fight on theirs, you have already lost.

Deception is the name of the game.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

...I also wanted to say...

If you don't react at all to another's actions, you lost.

You have to use your brain before you react, which is a major problem that a lot of people have.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I thought it was quite clear that when you are confronted with violence you should use your brain.

If you didn't understand that then I don't think you should reread the first post.

Sorry, did not mean to feign ignorance or to cast dispersions.

As I have said, try to teach instead of antagonize.

Like I said earlier, if you are confronted with violence, and you have not already prepared, you have lost.

It is one of the most basic tenets of the Art of War. Sorry, I guess you are right. Sorry, still a little peeved.

[edit on 3/27/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

reply to post by unityemissions

Actually, I tried to get a discussion going on secession. Of course just got the normal trollish and boarish behavior from the board trolls. I should never have put bashing and trolling okay. I should have tried it differently.

Violence is the last thing that you want to do if you do not know the outcome.

It would be better to cause the enemy to start the violence to gain moral ground and the backing of more people.

That is why I wanted to investigate the secession possibility.

Choose your battles, do not let your enemy choose the battle, or you have already lost.

Do battle with your enemy on your chosen field. If you fight on theirs, you have already lost.

Deception is the name of the game.

I most certainly am not a troll if that is what you are implying. I possess the same worries as you do. I realize the government as well as corporate greed is severely impacting our lives throughout the world. I want change for the better as much as you do. Believe me, I have thought about this for a long while.

I just happen to believe that violence will not solve these problems, and could potentially lead to worsening them.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

No, no I was not implying you. I started a thread yesterday on secession and wanted to discuss all the different aspects of it. That is what I was talking about not you.

Sorry for not making it clearer.

edit to add-

I really wished that discussion could have happened better. Hell, even to feign the use of secession could cause the reaction we want.

I have said in the past, all things must be investigated. Yes, maybe setting up something like a corporation of as many people wanting to join and setting it up as a non profit. Where all the members can barter between each other. This would create just a movement of funds inside a corporation.

That has possibilities.

[edit on 3/27/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Is it the dumbing down of society, the lack of pre-planning, beliefs in those in power, or a lack of beliefs in any of those which has seemingly made it more difficult for people to think before acting, doing stupid things, and or commiting to negative actions?

All of the above. The left versus the right, religion versus religion, white versus black, us versus them. No one ever stops to think about the other side with any objectivity.

No one takes the time to understand anyone else's point of view anymore. With 24 hour submersion in the constant media blitz everyone thinks they've got it all figured out.

Research, cross reference, sourcing, all requires effort. It's alot easier to to just listen to the talking heads. With violience streaming 24/7 from the idiot box, politicians waging foriegn wars as well as domestic smear campaigns, everyone thinks the opposing side is "evil" or inept or incapable.

There is no sunny side, no optimism, people feel cornered by the world itself. It's instinctual to turn to violence. It takes a level of control of cognitive capability to maintain manners and decorum. An ability I'm afraid is not endowed to the "masses", and in many cases the individual.

Leave the thinking and the stratigizing and manuevering to the people in power. They'll take care of everything. If side x says I need to fight and oppose side y then that's what I'll do.

People in general are just to comfortable with violence being the answer. They think it simpler then trying to think your way through any given situation.

To make people see otherwise requires a lifting of the veil so to speak. A turning off of the idiot box. A trip to the library, research on the net, taking time to get to know the oppostion. This is a very tricky thing to get most people to do.

When someone finds a way to communicate these things in a meaningful way, without seeming condecending or agressive, to the masses, with a sense of credibility lacking in todays pundit driven society, then maybe violence may no longer be the choice a.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by constantwonder]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Ya know, I'm not a violent guy. I don't get into fights, don't like (most of the time) to get into arguments, and certainly don't want people to die because I or someone else is advocating a violent revolution. That's not the intention at all.

It seems we have the same intent. We want a better place to call home, that we can be proud of and feel + truly be free. I just happen to think that the system is far too malevolent to let us go just because we choose to look the other way. It will come down to a revolution of some sort some time in the future. When that point is reached, one side or another will bring force into the picture. Both side will be saying, "We bow to no one". Physical confrontation will surely ensue.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Ya know, I'm not a violent guy. I don't get into fights, don't like (most of the time) to get into arguments, and certainly don't want people to die because I or someone else is advocating a violent revolution. That's not the intention at all.

It seems we have the same intent. We want a better place to call home, that we can be proud of and feel + truly be free. I just happen to think that the system is far too malevolent to let us go just because we choose to look the other way. It will come down to a revolution of some sort some time in the future. When that point is reached, one side or another will bring force into the picture. Both side will be saying, "We bow to no one". Physical confrontation will surely ensue.

I know you don't want innocent people to die. It wasn't my intent to infer that, if that is how my message was taken.

I believe that change for the better will occur soon enough as well. I just happen to believe as I stated previously, that humanity can achieve that change through non violent methods.

That said, we certainly aren't going to see eye to eye in regards to every subject, and I am cool with that.

I guess we shall see how it goes. Cheers in anycase to freedom, dignity and happiness for all human beings.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join