It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new Poll: How many people do you know have changed their mind since voting for Obama ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I find some of these replies funny...the ones that said they totally regret their vote and wish they had bush back.

They are either lying or complete idiots.

Obama is doing everything EXACTLY as he said he was going to.

He was going to set a timeline to pull troops out of Iraq: Done

He said he was going to try to attempt to help the economy: Done

He said he was going to focus more on Afganistan: Done

He said he was going to push health care reform: Done

NOTHING SHOULD BE A SURPRISE.

The only valid reason I would think anyone should be upset with Obama (which up until a few months ago was mine)...is that he has wasted too much time trying to play nice with the republicans and not just standing strong on his policies. Him dropping the public option so easily was almost a deal breaker for me...but at least he still pushed through some reform. And has seemed to finally realized that the republicans don't want to work with him at all.

So if you are honestly surprised by what Obama is doing and you voted for him...you simply weren't paying attention...or worse...you just aren't very intelligent.

I'd also like to know one thing...those that say they will never vote for Obama again...does that mean you are just going to blindly vote republican to just get Obama out???

[edit on 27-3-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
My wife is a dyed in the wool dem going back 40 years and I'll just say she isn't particularly impressed. She didn't like some things about the HCR bill and until I got her to pay attention, assumed it was written by "those bastard republicans". Our local rep is a dem and since he voted for the HCR bill, she's already decided to vote for the republican candidate in November. She had a sound in her voice that was between a laugh and disbelief when she said it.

I have a long time friend down in Florida that voted for him and now refers to him as "It". This is the same guy that immediately bought a Tiger Woods t-shirt when he became the first black Masters champion.

My stepdaughter and her husband voted for him because they bought into him and it seemed like the "in" thing to do at the time but they've already said they wouldn't vote for him again.

Both of my sister-in-laws voted for him and one regrets it. The one sister-in-law's husband voted for him and doesn't regret it.

My one brother voted for him and as late as last fall was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but is now off the bandwagon.

One of my sisters voted for him and now regrets it.

One of my aunts waffled back and forth on whether to vote for him but did and now regrets it.

That's off the top of my head. Out of ten, eight are off the bandwagon, two don't regret it.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm voting PALIN or JEB!!!

Thats the real change

Small government - Go huskies - any service men or women in the audience? - Common sense - common sense conservative values like the great Ronald Reagan - no to pork,
I say thanks but no thanks - you betcha - it will be hard, like those NASCAR racers
racing on the race track - beer I say, unlike those washington elites with their white wine -
NRA - LIBERTY ring true

Above; highlights from both of Sarahs speeches today

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I forgot to add why I regret my vote.

The bailout and the WAR.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Probably not as much as when voting Bush Jr for a second term.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I find some of these replies funny...the ones that said they totally regret their vote and wish they had bush back.

They are either lying or complete idiots.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

I cant stand Bush and will probably never remove my ASSES OF EVIL bumper sticker, so dont count this remorseful buyer in your bunch!

I have been a lifelong liberal, and have always voted democrat.

I am right now very apathetic and disillusioned with our government, and doubt I will participate in the crooked voting system again.

I am looking for ways to enact change through my own works, in small ways, and am ready to quit HOPING my corrupt government will ever be anything but shameful.

I am thoroughly disgusted with both the dems and the repubs, and to be honest the whole lot of crooks and thieves sitting in Washington spending our taxes on their pork.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I know a lot of people from work that have changed their minds; I myself never voted for that traitorous scumbag and knew completely he would be doing the stuff he is doing now.
He is even a traitor to the people that support him still except they are too stupid to even know it.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by antideceit
I know a lot of people from work that have changed their minds; I myself never voted for that traitorous scumbag and knew completely he would be doing the stuff he is doing now.
He is even a traitor to the people that support him still except they are too stupid to even know it.

With grammar like that no wonder you're against Obama.

All hate feelings with no backing, just hate, God Bless America right? God wanted hate apparently. God Save the World before the Americans come for our stuff.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The Iraqi pull out Mr Obama is crediting himself with is the same time line Bush had .

As for the economy the well the family business for nearly 40 years this is the WORST year since being founded GREAT JOB on the economy . The town we live in has not seen unemployment rates over 4- 6 % since the 1980 oil problems this year we are 15 % again Great job on the economy .

What about his stand on the patriot act before election the speeches he gave . gave you the impression he was going to lessen the act and today he adds to it and makes more intrusive policies a bait and switch .

The promises of seeing a bill before it is signed or voted on the houses . Nope What was in the bill pass it and find out what a crock ! The stunts this administration is pulling are the same ones Mr Obama had denounced as a senator and said he was going to change the only change there is which party is doing it .

Clean up Washington politics . Nope just as bad as ever if not worse .

Yes he did bring health care bill a REAL bi partisan effort there . I dont recall the bill being on line to see what we were getting another campaign promise pop .

As being a uniter of the country I have never seen the Dem and GOP at each others throats like this before .

What happened to bring both side together in a bipartisan way again campaign talk .

As for the remarks of Idiot or lying . I find that remark very repulsive I feel I was sold a bag of goods and had the salesman do a bait and switch on me .

I feel that's all I got was campaign talk .

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Again, thanks everyone for participating in this poll. I am beginning to understand that people are thinking things for different reasons on the issues of our nation. I see one thing everyone seems to want whether they are Republican, democrat, independent or other and that is a government that is not corrupt, and one that does the will of the people. If this trend continues I think many democrat and republican incumbents will be looking for a job this November.

As for my part, I never voted for Obama and studied him prior to the election so I pretty much knew what he might be like, and couldn't cast my vote for him. McCain was a big faker who would tell anyone what they wish to hear just to get elected and he made me sick. I voted for him though because of Palin, but now I'm done with her because she too is a McCain Republican. And so I am back to square one. It's an open field out there. Only this time we'll check them out before we vote and see who they really are.

I would still like to hear more viewpoints on if you have or have not changed you mind on Obama and the democrats in office today. So please feel free to speak your mind.

Thankyou.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
My husband and I are registered Democrats. We wanted to vote for Obama.

For 2 long years we watched him on tv and listened to every word he said.

I don't remeber when it changed or how he changed our minds but something didn't sound right when he would be speaking.

Maybe it was a gut feeling that he didn't have our county's best interest in mind.

We decided to vote for Mc Cain, we felt he was the lesser of two evils.

We've met many people that voted for him and most of them are sorry they did.

As a matter of fact last week my dr told me she is going to stop practicing medicine because of this HCB.

I was shocked when she said that . She's practiced medicine for a very long time.

She said he's doing something to change our lives everyday and she said she never knows what she'll wake up to each day.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
how many people that i personally know?

None.

How many people have i specifically heard about?

None.

How many people have said "Obama, pick it up!"

Quite a few.

But thats a far cry different from "I regret voting for you"

My answer is the same.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Everyone i know claims to have voted for McCain.

Does that mean they all did or did some vote for Obama and will not admit it.?????????????????

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Here is my observations.

I am the only one who is no longer happy with Obama.

When I express this to other Obama voters they look at me like I have two heads.

So I am thinking this is an internet thing.

I only quoted you because we live in the same city and I thought I'd share my situation.

I asked my friends and even my grandparents about this very topic and to be honest they seem to understand he's working for corporate interest and that he's been bought and sold more times than $2 whore on 2 for Tuesdays. My friends seems to feel almost betrayed. They really wanted to believe he was going to change things, they wanted to believe things would get better, the wars would end, or the unconstitutional ethics and behavior would cease. Right now, I'd say the majority of my friends who voted for Obama or who believed in Obama are completely let down. Do I think they still would've voted for him? Perhaps, but I think they're starting to realize its the "same sh#t different guy" routine. My grandparents absolutely loved Bush until he started expanding NAFTA. They completely fell out of favor with him when he pretty much mismanaged (along with many others) the handling and care of Katrina. I only bring them up because I had an earnest discussion with them a few days ago. My grandfather is actually worried about my generation, he's worried that the America he grew up with is gone and that we'll never see it again. He understands, as do I, that you'll always have to take the good with the bad when it comes to politics, but lately, he's seen too much wrong doing and incompetence to have any faith in our leaders. They didn't vote in the last presidential election, they said both candidates seemed awful. My grandmother had more faith in Obama than my grandfather. She hoped he'd fix our economic problems and stop handing out money to huge corporations. She even suggested that they could hand the money to the American people and the economy would turn around a lot faster than paying the outrageous salaries of C.E.O.s.

My experience with this topic seems to show me that people are just genuinely disenfranchised with Obama. They almost seem lost. I think a lot of my friends put way too much stock into the slogan "Hope and Change". I never supported Obama, I had a feeling his administration was going to be run exactly like Carters, or at the very least he'd continue the same policies as Bush. I really hoped he would pull us out of Iraq and Afghanistan, I had some expectations, but I was also grounded in those expectations knowing full well we're dealing with snake-oil salesmen.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
To elaborate on my previous post, I was in a conversation just after the election that Bush 2 still had a 20% approval rating in his last days in office. I'm 'far-left' enough to have agreed that I would be in that 20th percentile in 4-8 years.

...unless he does something really crazy.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Most of my family moved off the obama train.

It sounded great getting fresh air from bush,but they feel sold out.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I regret my vote. Several that I know do as well. I have a few "I told you so friends", and I still have a few "give him a chance" friends, too. I won't vote for a democrat again. Maybe I'll vote for a republican for the first time in my life just to keep the democrats out. Otherwise, I'm sticking with a third party.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I don't regret my vote. But I know I will NEVER vote for another GOP candidate ever again.

Sorry folks, but these guys are a pile of puke, if you haven't figured out what their real agenda is by now, I feel sorry for you.

I know the Democrats have issues themselves, but the GOP have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt in my mind they have zero interest in even attempting to fix the problems of the United States.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I don't know of anyone who voted for Obama who now regrets it. I even know a few people I once regarded as being staunchly republican who voted for Obama who do not regret having done so.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
not a chance... he is still a man bent upon trampling the constitution (as has been demonstrated) and he has some strong socilaist ideas...

I still think he is nothing but an egomaniac of the worst caliber...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join