It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new Poll: How many people do you know have changed their mind since voting for Obama ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
While you can say if "you" have changed your mind as well, I am particularly interested to know how many people you personally know since the presidential election that have had a change of heart. Do you know of such people who were once die hard supporters of Obama and voted for the big "D" that have now changed their mind.

Secondly, what did it for the ones who did change their mind on Obama and now think differently than before.

I'm asking this poll because of all the people I know that I talk to, that over the last year have been changing their opinion of Obama and the democrat party and now think diferently.

Thankyou for all of your input in this poll. Give me your thoughts, please.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
how many people that i personally know?

None.

How many people have i specifically heard about?

None.

How many people have said "Obama, pick it up!"

Quite a few.

But thats a far cry different from "I regret voting for you"

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I know at least 10 people that have changed their mind on Obama (me included).

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Myself and my very Liberal girlfriend. Because if there is one thing that is important to us it is the Constitution. Obama and his democrat cronies have proven to be very poor stewards of our liberties, and we thought Bush was bad...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

A few. That said, despite the Dem registration advantage, Obama lost by a significant margin in this county and those surrounding it. They're simply too conservative to support him. As such, finding an Obama voter isn't all that easy, especially when some of the ones that actually did vote for him won't even acknowledge that they did so any more.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by vor78]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I know about 15 liberals of various degrees...some moderate, some center left, I am pretty far left socially (fiscally conservative however as we all are).

With that, if you would have asked these people 6 months ago how they view the dems in general, it would be a mixed bag...most of them would have simply stated "weak" however. Obama was viewed first positively with his posturing to gain bipartisan support for his agendas..but when that failed and he never stopped trying to get it...it was seen as pathetic.

This has changed in the last...hmm...month. Ever since his sit down meeting with the reps actually where it was seeming to be just another nonsense move for the mythical bipartisanship...it brought into question his intellect...but what happened at the meeting and after showed spine.

the group has since gotten back on board now that the left actually starting to lead verses cry.

So...long story short...back and forth. I sat back lately and looked at the playing field...I think this may not be accidental...this is a 4 level chess match that seems random, but it may be an actual masterfully played game. the numbers across the board reflect some amazingly orchestrated outcomes. I think november will be a bloodbath, but going the opposite way of what is suspected if I am seeing things right.

I dont know if thats a good thing, because ultimately I do in fact like balance and debate over issues..however, that currently is missing anyhow from the opposition. Never any good points, just obstructionists for the purpose of being obstructionists.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I know of 7 that have changed their minds and are now sorry they voted for him. 8 including me. His campaign promises were the usual empty words in a time we needed honesty and integrity. He has shown that the will of the American people is less important than his. He has shown that no matter how loud the voice of the people cries out, he will turn a deaf ear.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Here is my observations.

I am the only one who is no longer happy with Obama.

When I express this to other Obama voters they look at me like I have two heads.

So I am thinking this is an internet thing.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I think similarly to lincoln, he is bringing in the next stage in the development of our oppression. At least lincoln had the sense to to question himself after it was done- I wonder if obama will meet a similar fate- Anyone know if it is EVERY american president to speak or act out against a central bank was assassinated or had attempts occur against them?

I have't really changed my opinion- but I nolonger have any hopethat things will be different. Most people I know see him in the bankers pockets- just like lincoln was before the bankers started taking $$ from the wealthy.

jorges

[edit on 27-3-2010 by sjorges2002]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
i voted for obama because i didn't want a fear mongering bush #3 in office and i knew if i voted for the third party i was pretty much voting for mccain.

I felt bad voting for Obama because i knew he had very little experience but i was happy a new person would come in.

I was pleased with his views on the war and how he would pull troops out but as soon as i heard he was putting 30,000 troops in Afghanistan i almost lost it.

Now i know that the two party system is a bunch of bull and we are F'ed in the A unless a 3rd party can win an election and change things around.

For a while i have felt that the two party system is very wrong. How can we have a country where half the country hates the other half? People wanted to impeach Bush and now people want to impeach Obama.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Obama would win anyhow anytime. with his cute charisma

The Main Stream Media is choosing those with the biggest wallet, with the biggest Sponsors, those who buy TV time and PR etc.

WHAT about Ron Paul !

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I, for one,was a die-hard Obama supporter who is suffering from "buyers remorse". I admit I bought the whole "change you can believe in" campaign schtick. I should've known better. Since we're still engaged in Iraq and Agghanistan with 10's of thousands of troops, still running at an astronomical debt with bailouts and such, only to get worse with this farce of a healthcare bill,etc. I'm convinced that the current two party system is really just one party with two different agendas which will end up on the same road to the ruinization of America. I only wish that a third party will emerge from the rubble with a legitmate candidate and turn this thing around. I only wish Ron Paul was fifteen years younger. I weep for the future.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Thanks for your input on this poll. I am finding it to be very telling and informative. I am noticing that people have different reasons for feeling differently today than during the election for president. Some, have expressed feelings that he has failed, and others that he just isn't doing enough, and yet others because they believed he deceived them into thinking real change was coming and not the political status quo. And there is one who expressed some concern over the issues of the Constitution. So I am finding a very wide spectrum of discontent not necessarily connected to the HCB alone. Interesting

Thanks, keep it going. The answers are revealing to say the least.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
All of the USAmericans I know who voted for Obama have indicated that they regret their vote and believe him to be worse than Bush.

I must confess complete shock at this development, but I am glad to see USAmericans recognising their fidelity to their Constitution above the political machinery of their nation.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I am ashamed of my vote now .

My wife is unhappy as well .

several family members are also unhappy with our choices .

Center independent leaning , strong constitution

I didn't hear the how far left was coming out of Obama's mouth I guess I heard what I wanted change from the patriot act the years of war changes to the health system NOT a complete overhaul and remaking of it .

The things I wanted to change he has made worse the patriot act we are doing the same as Bush in the M. E. The bailouts continue the politics and money games in Washington are worse than ever worse than when Bush was there. We have Chicago dirty strong arm politics money threats and bribes in the white house now .

And I honestly can not believe I am about to say this . That bill board with Bush saying miss me yet .

Yes I miss him over this one .

I NEVER EVER EVER Thought I would say that .

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I personally know of no one that is upset for voting for Obama. Now I do know McCain voters that think I should angry and feel betrayed by Obama. That somehow their own anger and frustration should be that of my own. Seems a bit odd to me, but whatever.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
His campaign promises were the usual empty words in a time we needed honesty and integrity. He has shown that the will of the American people is less important than his. He has shown that no matter how loud the voice of the people cries out, he will turn a deaf ear.

Sounds a lot like Bush!

To the OP, there were a few in my family who were huge supporters of Obama. They were sick of Bush and his wars and hoped he would lead us out of them.

Now that he's been in office for over a year and has done nothing to get us out of the wars, they are hugely disgusted with him.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I seriously regret my vote. I may never vote for a democrat again. I am totally stunned at the lengths the left will go to in order to fool the population. I have been off the Obama bandwagon since his response to the June elections in Iran. My wife grew up in Tehran so naturally this is a big topic in my house. I couldn't believe that the American president refused to fully stand up for human freedom. If not America than who is the defender of liberty?
However the absolute last straw for me with the democrat party was how they touted the 138 billion dollar "savings" over 10 years. Like this was some monumental acheivement when first of all they had to use every accounting trick to skew the numbers to appear that way, and second they know full well that we ran a deficit north of 200 billion in Febuary alone! This drove me insane. They had their minions touting this to a public that they knew many of wouldn't realize the absurdity of it all.

The Dem leadership including the president has been totally corrupt and dishonest during the whole healthcare debate. The NON transparency, the backroom deals, the arm twisting, the threats, and the utter lack of honesty has caused me to conclude that the dems are the enemy of freedom, honest robust debate, and at the end of the day, the people. They not only voted for all the crap in this rediculous bill, but also they voted that the process was okay. They voted that this type of so called leadership is totally acceptible. It is not. I will never forgive the democrats for this. This bill and the process used to write it and pass it was the most regressive and damaging thing to the country I have seen in my lifetime. I will never vote democrat again and I am so upset at myself for voting for Obama in 2008. I will not make that mistake a second time.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sorry for not inswering the question posed in the OP. I knows 5 or 6 liberals who have begun to see things a differnt way. I'd say abou 4 including myself will definitely not vote for obama again. No way no how.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
My county went 70% to Obama but I haven't really talked to anyone that regrets voting for him. I am not a good person to talk to as the three people I see on my nightshift all voted republican. It is a college town so they don't really think about politics aside from voting season and code pink meetings.

Me personally though, I voted for McCain and have regretted it. I wish dear heartedly that I had voted for a third party candidate. Oh well, I won't make that mistake again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join