It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Used WMD in North Korea? - Evidence & Testimonies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This event has been covered recently in other Forums etc, but I have not seen it covered on ATS so due to the event yesterday regarding North Korea:
South Korean navy ship sinks, North link played down

I thought I would bring this info to ATS as well.

Well well all the documents removed, destroyed and made Top Secret that could have proven this did not happen.

Why would the Air Force classify and destroy documents that could prove they did not do this?

Where did the plague come from?

Why does the footage show US bombs with Feathers and insects within them?

It is a crime the US has always denied - dropping germ bombs on North Korea.

But in 1952 the bubonic plague, never known before in North Korea, broke out across the country.

It claimed at the time that the United States was to blame. But the allegations were brushed aside as propaganda.

Sixty years later however, new evidence has emerged that bioweapons may indeed have been used.
This is an recent exclusive report made by Al Jazeera and is found US 'used plague bomb' in Korea War

HERE is a full report/Documentary that is not 4 mns like the above but 45 minutes looking at this event, and an in depth report.

The US has always vehemently denied these claims, dismissing them as crude and outlandish communist propaganda from a secretive and totalitarian state.

Nevertheless, the accusations have refused to go away. Pyongyang continues to press for an apology for an "outrage" that the US insists never happened.
Professor Mori Masataka has been trying to unravel the truth about alleged germ warfare.

In a specially extended edition, People & Power set out to investigate this extraordinary story.

Our journey began in North Korea where we were given unprecedented access to follow a leading Japanese academic, Professor Mori Masataka, who has been trying to unravel the mystery for the last twenty years.
-snip-
But neither he nor People & Power's location producer, Tim Tate, were under any illusions.

North Korea is one of the world's most secretive states and is usually impenetrable to journalists. Everywhere our cameras went, government officials went too, strictly monitoring where and what we could film.

In a vast museum in the centre of Pyongyang, Mori explored a room given over to what the North Koreans claim is direct evidence of US germ warfare – including specimen jars filled with flies, mosquitoes and fleas all allegedly injected with deadly pathogens.
-snip-
All this could have been phony, of course, and that is how the US has always responded to such claims, especially to filmed "confessions" from 36 captured US airmen – also screened in Pyongyang's museum – in which they give the North Koreans apparently detailed accounts of their participation in the US "germ" raids.
Accounts that, it must be said, were all retracted on the air crew's' return home to the US after the war.

So who to believe the Mad Kim et al or the Americans?

I don’t understand why the documents were destroyed this troubles more than the Korean Claims, and seems to point to a cover up of some sort.

However further evidence is much more compelling:

Mori knows that testimony from North Korean citizens will not be enough to convince a sceptical world that the US used germ warfare in Korea.

"A scientific investigation or medical or biological investigation should be carried out. I think it is definitely necessary that a non-political purely-scientific organisation should be sent to North Korea to investigate", Mori says.

As it happens, within months of the original allegations being made back in the 1950s, North Korea invited an international commission to visit the country.

Oh so an independent scientific/medical study was carried out.... that’s where the truth is no politics involved, what did they find then?

Composed of scientists from France, Italy, Sweden, the Soviet Union and Brazil, and led by Joseph Needham, a distinguished – if left-leaning - British embryologist, the commission toured the affected areas, interviewed the sick and the dying and carried out a detailed analysis of their infections.

The resulting 600-page report included results of post-mortem on the victims: these identified bubonic plague, cholera and anthrax.

Okay Plague, Anthrax etc were really there, this is not then government lies and propaganda but how?

It concluded that germ warfare had been deployed exactly as the North Koreans claimed.

Did you hear about that?

Yet despite its apparent wealth of scientific evidence, it was again dismissed by the US as communist disinformation.

How can Science be communist if non political and independent? is there any US documents to support this claim and evidence further?

Unit 731
They revealed that the US had bought the expertise of Unit 731, a Japanese army biological warfare team, which conducted human experiments in the 1930s and 1940s to perfect the technology of bacteriological warfare: in World War 2, the Japanese military had dropped thousands of "germ bombs" across Northern China, killing millions of civilians.

A third crucial document – marked "Top Secret" – showed that in September 1951, the US Joint Chiefs of Staff issued orders to begin "large scale field tests… to determine the effectiveness of specific BW [bacteriological warfare] agents under operational conditions."

If these "field tests" were indeed undertaken, then they may have drawn again on the expertise of the Japanese biological warfare team.

In Japan, People & Power found home video footage from one of the former members of that team, shot just before his death, in which he claimed that its leaders had indeed assisted the US in mounting "an attack" in Korea.

This is starting to seem very real to me, you?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7724b5d5bf91.jpg[/atsimg]

This looks to me another whitewash, ignoring scientific proof of US and Government involvement in such things.

How can the report done by the multinational team on the ground, as invited by the North Koreans be ignored?

How can the testimonies, and films be ignored?

How can the US explain the destruction and removal of Documents from the Air Force that could prove this wrong?

How can the admission by the Japanese Member of unit 731 be ignored, what did he have to gain he knew he was about to die anyway?

How can the current research by the leading Japanese academic, Professor Mori Masataka for 20 years be ignored?

To ignore these things is surely what this site is about, as it embraces not Denies ignorance.

Can we ignore other Public Domain information, and press reports that support this happened, besides the Al Jazeera Investigative Journalism report such as:

Also, Harris tried to water down the issue of confession given by U.S. airmen under captivity. Col. Frank H. Schwable was the chief of the First Marine Air Wing. After having been captured, Schwable and Major Roy Bley made "confessions" stating that "the joint Chiefs of Staff had directed U.S. forces to carry out planned germ warfare and that the order was part of a directive given to General Ridgway in October 1951" (New York Times, February 23, 1953).

Can we also ignore the Diplomatic fears and concerns raised in London at the time, again separate sources?

The documents also show that the British government feared the US would use biological weapons during the Korean war, which was in progress at the time. "American colleagues of long-standing had become very offensively minded," one report notes, "and the general attitude was that the sooner they could terminate the Korean war the better. The services in the United States had developed a most aggressive outlook the emphasis was now entirely on anti-personnel and anti-crop weapons."
The Sunday Herald March 9th 2003

Can we ignore the following as also untrue?

The general plan for bacteriological warfare in Korea was directed by the United States Joint Chiefs of Staff in October, 1951. In that month the Joint Chiefs of Staff sent a directive by hand to the Commanding General, Far East Command (at that time
General Ridgway), directing the initiation of bacteriological warfare in Korea on an initially small,experimental stage but in expanding proportions
University of Missouri - Of Bugs & bombs

Maybe Kim and His Father have an affinity with the saying?

Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not trying to get you!

It must be said with the evidence now presented this event did happen.

And in doing so the USA broke a string of international law agreements and treaties.

I find the case compelling, and of no surprise but just further deepens my lack of trust in how "history" is recorded as.

Some more link and info on this subject for your perusal:
International Institute for Strategic Studies N.Koreas Bio & germ Capabilities
Studies of Japanese Biological Warfare and Unit 731 in the United States
Great Chemical Weapons Hoax History
Who are the real terrorists?

Kind Regards,
Elf

[edit on 27-3-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Double Post sorry Pls delete.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
There is another Thread on ATS bringing forth some evidense that the USA used WMD in the iraq war.

As such will be of anyone interested in this thread to:

United States has, unbeknownst to America, detonated Nuclear Weapons in the Middle East

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
OK

Well having possible forced "Confessions" then Retractions seems to be the norm. The Communists were and still are experts at psychological warfare. They obtained "Confessions" from many Servicemen on many topics.

This doesn't surprise me a bit that the only real story that the normally isolationist North would allow to be filmed is directed at the evils of the US. Second why doesn't it surprise me that Al Jazera reported this?

Was there a Biological attack on the North?

Possibly.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Interesting. The United States chose not to use nuclear weapons in Korea for fear of escalating the war. If Russia genuinely believed that these outbreaks of disease in a war zone were bacteriological warfare, why did they not provide the North with similar weapons? Indeed, why didn't China provide these weapons, as they are extremely simple to produce? The objective of the war was to re-unite the peninsula under a non-communist regime. Why would they want their puppets to inherit a diseased populace?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer, it does not matter who reported it if the journalism is that, journalism and not just spin.

The in depth analysis and research is very good, and the long Documentary is very compelling.

Journalists just bring forward facts, testimonies and accounts. If you ignore what the jounalists says from his point of view of the subject, but look at what they use for research we can be un baised in our assessment.

This is not a 5 min peice on fox, but in depth journalism.

It is also 20 Years of research by an leading Japenese Academic.

It also includes other impartial sources, and official docs I have provided.

It also includes the Multi National Medical and scientific research carried out on the ground just after the event.

So I am inclined then redaing those sources, watching the films and testimonies, to take out any "Spin" by West or East, and just look at the science and facts.

It seems compelling to me.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Bubonic plague, anthrax and cholera are all naturally occurring, bacteria-borne diseases. Cholera is not at all uncommon in a war zone, where water is not treated properly. No matter how much investigation one does, one will have to do much better than a clip from a North Korean propaganda film. Why should there be any documents proving that the US DIDN'T do something? Is there supposed to be a thick file labelled: "Secret: Things We Didn't Do?" A classified document could definitely prove that the US DID do something. The absence of a document that proves they DIDN'T do something? That doesn't even make sense.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Originally posted by DJW001

Bubonic plague, anthrax and cholera are all naturally occurring, bacteria-borne diseases. Cholera is not at all uncommon in a war zone, where water is not treated properly.

This is true.

No matter how much investigation one does, one will have to do much better than a clip from a North Korean propaganda film.

You obviously have not read my OP properly.

This is not an N.Korean propoganda Film, but an Investigative Journalistic piece and documentary.

Please Re Read the OP slowly and look at the other links.

Why should there be any documents proving that the US DIDN'T do something?

There were documents that could have proven this to be false.

The US air force removed those documents from where they are normally kept and labbelled them "Top Secret"

Is there supposed to be a thick file labelled: "Secret: Things We Didn't Do?"

Nope just the flight logs have been labbelled as secret as the allegations emerged. This did not happen with any of the other flight logs from the Us Korean War.

Why would the US remove from public domain, non sensitive flight logs etc that would prove this was just "propogands" if infact they showed this?

A classified document could definitely prove that the US DID do something.

Well it would if the non sensitive documents were released byut the US refuses to.

The absence of a document that proves they DIDN'T do something?

Yes as they made the documents "Absent" when by doing so they could remove any of their documents that would prove or deny this. No reason was given.

That doesn't even make sense.

I totally agree.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I was referring to the YouTube video-clip of North Koreans showing an "American" bomb with glass ampules in it. It is about the only contemporary evidence other than the committee's report and "confessions" extracted under torture. Tactics (and the use of biowar materials would be a tactic) need to support the overall strategy. The US/UN's strategy was to drive the communists back towards China and re-unite the peninsula under a friendly government. How would poisoning their future citizens help? On the other hand, North Korea's strategy was to de-legitimize the US/UN's efforts. Black propaganda is a tactic that supports that strategy perfectly.At the time, both Russia and France had a vested interest in eroding America's influence. Again, black propaganda supports that agenda. Al Jazeera is market driven, and knows its demographic demands portraying the US in a negative light. Naturally, they will "investigate" these claims. As for classifying "routine" flight logs... obviously they are not "routine," but this doesn't mean they were on germ warfare bombing runs. There was undoubtedly a lot of skullduggery going on.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I am relatively sure that none of my flight logs and my flight records from SE Asia are "available" either...even though probably a good 30 percent of my flights had little to do with anything. The problem for TPTB is that those 30 percent of my flights can place my aircraft in an area along with some other resources...and that combined with other research could lead some to conclusions...correct or incorrect that TPTB don't want to answer to...

Guess what I'm saying is that records are removed or classified for lots of reasons...even if they are innocent.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Slightly off topic, but an interesting peek into the midset of Kim the current leader.

Kim Jong-il bans 2012 disaster movie - will jinx N. Korea’s ’Lucky Year’

5 Yrs in prison for a copy, wow.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Al-Jazeera is one of the few media outlets that has the courage to report stuff like this. It would be great if Western media would do it, but I am not holding my breath.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The US also considered using nuclear weapons against North Korea. Why would they have considered that if they really wanted to unite the peninsula?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Good thread ELF. Have you read this book? Very interesting evidence that these weapons were indeed used.

The United States and Biological Warfare: Secrets from the Early Cold War and Korea
www.amazon.com...

ps: Is there a way to make the title of the book a link? I think I have seen others do that.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Thanks glad you like it, I know this is an old topic, but very relevant to understand Korea today, their paranoia, and any pre emption in the world by the US based on WMD.

I am suprised not many people on here seem that interested, maybe it takes some reading and research, I have noticed if I do a detailed thread unless there is alot of pictures, people ignore it lol.

The book, was just about to add an quote from it lol
you must be Pyschic ! here we go:

At The Midpoint of the Korean War, In December 1951, The U.S. Secretary of Defense ordered that "actual readiness be achieved in the earliest practicable time" for offensive use of Biological weapons. Within weeks, the chief of staff of the U.S. Air Force reported that such capabilities are "Rapidly Materialising". It was shortly after these Top Secret Letters had passed between the top American Generals that North Korean and Chinese armies charged the United States with beginning large scale biological warfare experiments in north Korea.
Online Google Version for All

Indeed the evidense from the Chinese Secret info, the witnesses, proffessor Mora work and the cover up of the Documents by the USA it certainly does seem to have definately happened.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

The US REJECTED that option. MacArthur was the only one who wanted to commit to "total war...." and he got sacked.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Well this is true.

But the provided info above shows, that top level Generals did include Biological Weapons if not Nuclear in the plan and actions within North Korea. The paperwork and letters are now available.

They were tasked as shown to get to a position of being able to delivier at short notice Biological Weapons to Korea.

Kind Regards,

Elf

new topics

top topics

join