It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dark cylinder type ufo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CYRAX
i think this explains what happened pretty well thanks
No, it doesn't.

Your photos show something that looks exactly the same in all photos. An object moving and rotating at even a slow speed would be almost impossible to catch in the exact same position in the frame and in itself, with exactly the same size in more than one photo, so having it in six photos is extremely unlikely, even more unlikely than photographing an alien ship with it's pilot waving to the camera.

Also, that shutter speed explanation would work if the shutter speed was low, but at 1/1000 of a second it would show fast moving objects well, so it doesn't explain a thing.

What may have happened (although not very likely) is that the camera tried to focus on the small object (that looks like a hair or some fibre) on the lens, but as this is beyond the capabilities of the camera the small object remained out of focus. The problem is that everything else was also out of focus, so even if the object you saw was visible on the photos it may have turned out so out of focus that its not even noticeable.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CYRAX

CYRAX…..

As per this thread…..

I refer to your previous UFO / Alien threads as inserted below with thread titles & links.

If you really are interested in this area & desire a meaningful participation in discussions, I suggest you should be much more discerning regarding the material you present.

As a first step, I suggest you review the type of material presented by members including (but not limited to) Internos, Armap, Arbitrageur, Karl 12, Phage, Chadwickus, etc… & the manner in which they present their material.

If you have any questions about this, you will find many members will be pleased to assist you.

Orb or Not

www.abovetopsecret.com...

UFO Pic’s Which Can’t Be Explained

Possible Photos Of TR3B Triangle

The Strangest UFO Pic’s Taken Today

Alien Fish Head:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Possible UFO At Sydney Harbour Bridge

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

that could be it

mmn what has my old threads got to do with this take them off or your getting reported

[edit on 6-4-2010 by CYRAX]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CYRAX

These people are trying to be helpful, so I'm glad you began to take it in the manner intended. There are many of us here with with many years and probably tens if not hundreds of thousands of photo's under our belts.

My first guess would have been someone rubbed a finger across your lens leaving a smudge in the lens coating and the second would be a grossly out of focus hair inside the lens. I've had problems with that myself.

You see the smudge would be so obscure if the photo were busy you would not even see it or realize it was there until you shot something with a continuous color like your shot of the sky. If something visible was there, you quite frankly never pointed your camera at it when you took a shot.

I have tons of respect for Armap and his patience here. There are others here you should listen too also.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
quotes like this "What this looks like to me is dust/debris on the camera lens and therefore you didn't actually see it flying across the sky. Therefore, this is a hoax. I will refer you to #1 of ATS's T&C:"
i have much respect for this board but sometimes people should not call everyone a hoaxer i know i saw something did i catch in the picture maybe maybe not but it looks like i prob did not since armap has a good point in his replies but i thought i caught what i saw

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
okay found this which looks like my photo there is a video with picture

www.youtube.com...

or this

something was there

[edit on 7-4-2010 by CYRAX]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

something was there

As ArMaP and Internos said, perhaps something was there and perhaps you photographed in that direction, but unfortunately what we see in the photos isn't something in the sky, but rather it's a photographic artifact, perhaps a fiber:

Originally posted by ArMaP
What may have happened (although not very likely) is that the camera tried to focus on the small object (that looks like a hair or some fibre) on the lens, but as this is beyond the capabilities of the camera the small object remained out of focus. The problem is that everything else was also out of focus, so even if the object you saw was visible on the photos it may have turned out so out of focus that its not even noticeable.

That's as good an explanation as any regarding why the object might not have showed up in the photos.

Even if what you saw was a solar balloon, I don't think we are seeing a solar balloon in the photos, because it doesn't move. The solar balloon would likely move and the camera apparently moved, so either or both of those motions would show up yet the photos show no movement.

If your camera has a focus adjustment, my advice would be to set it to infinity, and NOT use autofocus for UFO photos.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CYRAX

CYRAX…..

As you are aware, wmd 2008 posted the following for you:

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by CYRAX

I go with one of these

www.solar-balloons.com...

What do you think.

I know it sounds a bit “mean” to say this, but I think it’s possible you are now using that as a convenient excuse for presenting your images, because the shape somewhat matches the “smudge” on the lens of your camera.

I don’t blame you for that because if you are judged to be hoaxing in this thread, it could be a big problem for you.

However, I feel you might just get yourself in more “hot water” if you further embellish & complicate your story by saying the “smudge” on the lens of your camera is really a solar balloon that you saw "spinning through the sky".

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
if you had read the post you would of known thats where i got the photo from he asked if i thought that was the object which i replied "that could be it
"
so why did you post my old threads for

and its funny that you did not mention anything about this pic

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
some of you guys just pick and choose the evidence

"I don’t blame you for that because if you are judged to be hoaxing in this thread, it could be a big problem for you."
i have been posting my pics here since 2006 you know how many times i have been reported for hoaxing 0 i try and take pics of what i have seen and bring them here am i saying these are pics of alien ufo ships hell no these are Unidentified Flying Objects.........

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

if you had read the post you would of known thats where i got the photo from he asked if i thought that was the object which i replied "that could be it
"
so why did you post my old threads for

CYRAX.....

Here's the point of my last 2 posts to you:

You have consistently presented images you claim are "UFO's" intimating the images show something of an exotic nature.

In reality, the images show very little, if anything.

Now you are claiming the smudge on your camera is something you saw "spinning through the sky".

What I am subtly trying to tell you is that you are eventually going to get yourself in trouble (or the very least lose all credibility) on here if you aren't more discerning about the material you are posting.

The points I'm making are fair & reasonable & in the end, you will find those points very helpful if you take notice of them.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

some of you guys just pick and choose the evidence

"I don’t blame you for that because if you are judged to be hoaxing in this thread, it could be a big problem for you."
i have been posting my pics here since 2006 you know how many times i have been reported for hoaxing 0 i try and take pics of what i have seen and bring them here am i saying these are pics of alien ufo ships hell no these are Unidentified Flying Objects.........

funny you skipped all that and the picture and video i posted before and why did you post my old threads for

"Now you are claiming the smudge on your camera is something you saw "spinning through the sky". wow making things up now looks like you will lose all credibility
[edit on 7-4-2010 by CYRAX]:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
ATTENTION:

Can we please focus on the topic and not on each other.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
ATTENTION:

Can we please focus on the topic and not on each other.

Thank you.

sorry will do
i guess i should use the ignore

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CYRAX

CYRAX, in my opinion this can be labelled as "misinterpretation" rather than an "hoax", but it's you the one who must move the first step:
there's nothing wrong in admitting some mistake, we all have made, make and will make mistakes, but keep in mind that:
"Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum"
If you'll agree that you have been wrong, I will give you a case on which to work. One of those cases that can't be debunked: deal?

[edit on 7/4/2010 by internos]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
have i been wrong before yes of course is that picture a hoax hell no did i get a photo of what i saw im not sure yet what mistakes are talking about?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Hi I am near Albion Park!

Small world ?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

have i been wrong before yes of course is that picture a hoax hell no did i get a photo of what i saw im not sure yet what mistakes are talking about?

Look it's very, extremely simple: if you claim that what we see in the pics was an actual, moving and spinning object, then it's a hoax.
If you claim that you are unsure, or that what we see has nothing to do with you sighting, then you will be given the benefit of doubt: bear in mind that your credibility reached some very low level, and bear in mind that i don't love waste of cyberspace in Aliens & UFOs forum: basically, if you stand on your take that what we see in those seven shots is an UFO, i will ask to the STAFF to move this thread to the HOAX forum, and maybe they will take me seriously. If you'll admit some misinterpretation, then I'll ask to the STAFF to move it to skunk works. That way, IF you really are interested in both sharing and learnin, and per my promise, you will be able to start a new thread about a subject that I will choose for you.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
i have already answered those questions
heres a video of what i pretty much saw though the ufo i saw was dark black
www.youtube.com...#
heres a pic

video of pic
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CYRAX

Ohhh. You mean a solar balloon.