It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V - are they trying to tell us something?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
There's this show on ABC called V - it's about to begin its second season. It basically explains everything David Icke has said!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The first version of that series aired in 1983 or 1984. So if they are saying anything with "V" being on abc it's probably all about ratings=money.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
How can they begin a second season, when they only have 4 episode so far in season 1?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
its a cool show. I am still on the fence as to whom I am "rooting for" frankly...seems the human fringe are more trouble than the visitors.

Ultimately you got this fleet of ships that are giving all sorts of great advances to the people, seem all likeable..sure, they are wearing fake skin and look more like a lizard underneath...but meh, rip my skin off and I wont be very pretty either. That seems to be ultimately the biggest issue.

Now, there was the case of the fake vaccine thing that was a catalyst to a plague, making the humans dependent on the visitors and their tech to keep them healthy...so ya, I imagine season two will end up making our minds see them as invaders moreso than visitors.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

As said, the first incarnation of this series appeared in the early 80's and was influenced by various popular culture references, but it came several years before Icke lost the plot. In fact, once could summise that Icke copied the TV show, not the other way around.

reply to post by SaturnFX

The "visitors" want to use humans as as source of food and soldiers for their wars with other alien races, so I'd back the human resistance myself.

EDIT: It also isn't "series 2". There is and shall forever be only one series of it, but it is split into chunks by ABC and the producers

In September 2009, it was announced that four episodes of V would air in November 2009, and that the series would resume its 13-episode season in March 2010 after the 2010 Winter Olympics.[10] ABC entertainment president Steve McPherson said, "We always intended to break the show up into 'pods' to make it more of an event."[10] As production of the fourth episode of V wrapped, it was announced on November 3, 2009 that Scott Rosenbaum had been named executive producer and showrunner of the series, with Peters and Hall remaining as executive producers.[4] Production of the remaining nine episodes resumed in January 2010 and will air on ABC starting March 30, 2010.[11]

[edit on 27/3/10 by stumason]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Who knows maybe David Icke was inspired by the first V. If so that would be ironic haha.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Maybe David Icke got the idea from the 80's television series that Im currently watching on DVD right now

Nice try Donny

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Yes, they're trying to tell us that television used to have quality on it.

When they re-make MASH (and there have been some close calls on that), I'm throwing my television set away.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
In the original series, the Visitors were stealing people (food) and water..., so we're likely to see the same agenda here...

With that fleet on the way, it's hard to see how we'd be victorious...(even the red dust in the original was kind of lame, as what, they can't make sealed armor?)...

We'd be lizard food if this really happened.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hi Guys

I remember the first series that was kinda corny and lame thats right , would interesting to watch a new series , and i agree if this really happened , we would be so deep in the chi chi that we wouldn't know what hit us .

regards
ian

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Last night's was pretty good. Great job of suspense while he was infiltrating the ship. Interesting that we haven't been made aware of their motives yet. We knew this relatively early on, in the original mini-series....

So far, apart from being lizards, they haven't done anything "bad"....

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I guess John Mays doesn't live.....

Nasty torture devices the V's have...

What's up with the kid's "Immaculate Conception" bit though? Are we going to find out our main character was abducted and impregnated? (and why would that even work into it)?

Some weird questions....

The reporter sure is getting ballsy....he wouldn't be, if he knew what they were really like....

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Guess nobody is watching this show?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I am! Download each episode as it comes out in the US as it's only just started broadcasting here in the UK.

Loving it, to be honest!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
How many episodes in are you?

Did you see the original "V", from back in the 80's?

One major difference, so far, these V's haven't really done anything "bad" yet, other than some big brother tactics, and killing their enemies...

So, so far, it is very difficult to root for our heroes...as the only thing that seems to drive them, is their bigotry against reptilian foreigners...when you really think about it...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The last episode was better, but unless they ramp up the action, this series will be canceled. Same for Flash forward. Get it going!

I personally think they need some original "V" uniforms and those helmets the troops had--but update them a bit.. and where are the cool guns the visitors had? If they have them again, they should keep the exact same sound effect--as it was unique and awesome!!

V needs some of the original type music as well.. the drum beats.. make it more tense, and it would help with the action elements.

Just my 2 cents.

PS: As for V trying to tell us something? No. This show originally aired in the mid 80's as the previous poster said. The mini series were killer, but the TV series died because it had a crap budget, and it became a soap opera.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I just miss the weird voices the aliens had in the original...helped make them more "alien" seeming...

Again though, so far, they really haven't done anything evil yet....a bit big brother, and ruthless in protecting their own...but nothing really overtly against humanity yet, and we're too far in for that not to have happened yet....

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Not sure how many are still watching this...but it seems that next week, things may actually escalate...

So far though, it's hard to root for the heroes, as their only goal seems to be bigotry... Other than trying to track people, and kill those opposed to them (and some staged press events/attacks), the Visitors have done no real "evil" acts that the resistance is aware of...

If I were a human member of the 5th column, my first question would be "why are you here!!!???" yet surprisingly, even though they are in contact with visitor traitors, they never asked this???

At least we see the beginnings of the virus that will kill the V's... Still though, with the V's knowing about it, it kind of deflates the achievement....

I still think it would have been better if they had the modulated voices (and if mice, birds, etc. got agitated near the V's...) but oh well...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Hopefully somebody else is watching it (somebody must, it got renewed)...

Big finale was Tue...

But, we still don't really know the alien agenda....or at least specifics.
We know they now have an armada ready (and for some reason turned the clouds red)
We know they torture those of the live aboard program (although why, we don't know)...

Can't believe they didn't show the baby's face though...what a buildup and letdown...

And Marcus as 5th column maybe? Guess we should have seen this coming, as Diana's second "Martin" in the original one, was the head 5th column guy in the old series... Doh!

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Gazrok]

top topics

join