It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Top Gen: Gays would get their own room!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
There is an estimated 23,000 people serving in the military that are gay. Most of my gay friends are far more physically fit than their straight peers. There is no reason to segregate the straights from the mo's. I lived in the barracks and had no problems. I'm older now, but when younger, no rational minded person would ever approach me to my face and say anything derogatory. Gays have always been in the military and always will be. Get over it. Segregation is not the answer. It causes more fuel to add to the flames. This nancy boy could have easily kicked anyones ass. But as a general rule, gay men are far more tactful and disciplined in any social environment (including the military). As a matter of fact, gays in the military as a whole, maintain conservative closeted lives. That should change however. Gays are not asking to parade down the flightline in hummers weaing their banana hammocks and drag. We just want to serve our country and be afforded the great benefits the military offers.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Well yes in my 28 years in the military I have works with gays, and it is not against military policy to be gay, but what is against military policy is openly announcing you are gay and the whole behavioral side. So what we are actually talking about is to allow openly gay behaviors/relations etc.

Hence why I believe that the policy should only be changed to :

Don't ask
Don't tell
Don't get fired if found out.

Because, I agree that letting openly gay people in, can cause a lot of grief.

lol ok.... I guess you don't like men do you....hehe.

Being a gay man, I like my fair share of men. LOL.

But, being a man who knows a lot of men, I stick by my statements of "men are dogs".

But there you go once again with the whole "rape" thing.

Notice I said mental rape?

Also, in your above scenario, why did you point to a woman not feeling confortable walking into a shower with 5 men and not a man walking into a shower of 5 women?

BTW I have know some rather evil minded women in my day....

I do not discount this as I have too.

Though being a man I would need to disagree with your statement, but humans will be human and I'm talking about both sexes.

Then why was your comparison 1 woman to 5 men and not 1 man to 5 women?

Would it surprise you to know that the vast majority of men would not want to be forced into the situation where they would need to do all their personal business around a bunch of females too?

Thanks for pointing out that it is the heteros who want this "special treatment" and not the homos.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Nutter]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Wether or not homosexuals should live in separate rooms than heterosexuals is a touchy there are pros and cons to both side of the argument. However i will say that those of you out there gay bashing and who believe that somehow being gay makes you weaker or inferior, you need to stop being so ignorant. They are people just like you and me. The ancient greeks who were some of the greatest soldiers the world has ever seen (not to mention their superiority in many other aspects of life), prctised homosexuality. Alexander the great one of the greatest coquerers of the world practised homosexuality. I my self am in the Army and have no problem serving with them by my side.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Every soldier would like to have his own room....why not give all the soldiers their own room?

Problem solved....next.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Why not start up military units especially for gays ?

If they are such great leaders and all so very competent, why not ?

Segregation of sodomites may even start some friendly rivalry.

The all queers military football team dressed in pink, against the all macho Special Forces team.
Should be an interesting game.

Just so you're clear....Sodomy is any unnatural act of sex. This would include oral sex. And sodomy is not limited to homosexual partners. Many states have sodomy laws, but rarely are used. The UCMJ also has this covered, and has used it to punish heterosexual relations with convictions according to its sodomy rules.

Back on subject... What is so dis-heartening is that these military folks want a segregated bunkhouse for its male population. Jim Doe is afraid that John Doe (no relation) is looking at him in a sexual manner, needs to rethink his thoughts. How many times has Jim Doe stared at Jane Doe and made her feel uncomfortable. Same thing. Hypocrite...As a previous member stated the military isn't about individuality. The weakest link weakens the entire chain.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Hey, showers are sonething everyone is entitled to.

When you are fighting, you need all your strength and people should realise that.

No, women should just get on with it.

They joined the military, so they should be prepared for the military.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join