It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do UFO Skeptics and Believers Read Books?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I've been interested in this subject for as long as I can remember. Even though I am a skeptic, I continue to read books on the subject. I cannot remember every book I've ever read, but here are the ones I recall or have sitting on my shelf currently, be they UFOs, abductions, or general paranormal...

Chariots of the Gods -- Erich Von Daniken
The 12th Planet -- Zacariah Sitchin
Crash Go the Chariots -- Clifford Wilson
The UFO Magazine Encyclopedia -- William J. Birnes
Dimensions -- by Jacques Vallee
Confrontations -- by Jacques Vallee
Revelations -- by Jacques Vallee
Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cult -- Jacques Vallee
The Interrupted Journey -- by John Fuller
Incident at Exeter -- by John Fuller
The Truth About the Men In Black -- Jenny Randles
The UFOs That Never Were -- Jenny Randles
Alien Contact: The First Fifty Years -- Jenny Randles
Body Snatches in the Desert -- Nick Redfern
Three Men Seeking Monsters -- Nick Redfern
Memoirs of a Monster Hunter -- Nick Redfern
Faces of the Visitors -- Kevin Randle
The Truth about the UFO Crash at Roswell -- Kevin D. Randle and Donald R. Schmitt
Secret Life -- David Jacobs
The Threat -- David Jacobs
The UFO Controversy in America -- David Jacobs
Above Top Secret -- Timothy Good
Alien Bases -- Timothy Good
Intruders -- Budd Hopkins
Witnessed -- Budd Hopkins
The Mothman Prophecies -- John Keel
The Complete Guide to Mysterious Beings (Also printed as Strange Creatures From Time and Space) -- John Keel
Cryptozoology A to Z -- Loren Coleman
Mysterious America -- Loren Coleman
The Field Guide to Bigfoot and Other Mystery Primates -- Loren Coleman
Fingerprints of the Gods -- Graham Hancock
The Sign and the Seal -- Graham Hancock
Frauds, Myths, and Mysteries: Science and Pseudoscience in Archaeology -- Kenneth L. Feder
The Cult of Alien Gods: H.P. Lovecraft And Extraterrestial Pop Culture -- Jason Colavito

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

To answer your questions, I am a believer, having seen them up close and had the "taken" experience, and missing time. And I am a reader too. I have read, over 10,000 books in my time, not counting magazines, papers, documents and anything else I could lay my hands on.
I have always had an insatiable desire for knowledge. I can't help it, if a day goes by that I do not read something, I think of it as a wasted day. Yes, I have read plenty of UFO/ET books, both fiction and true stories. I didn't really believe in them until I saw them, then everything changed.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Thank you for the links.I'll be reading up on those for sure.I have never doubted the existence of ET's but i have to doubt the sincerity of some of the "researchers" in the field.It's a shame that there are some who write ridiculous books with fanciful stories just to make people believe in their theories.Oh wait,we've built churches around the same thing.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maka213

Thank you for the links.I'll be reading up on those for sure.I have never doubted the existence of ET's but i have to doubt the sincerity of some of the "researchers" in the field.It's a shame that there are some who write ridiculous books with fanciful stories just to make people believe in their theories.Oh wait,we've built churches around the same thing.

Yes, some so called researchers can be a little on the shady side.

However the good ones...aka Dolan, Good, Marrs etc, give a really good insight into whats going on.

Please see my signature below !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join