It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would YOU build the new society?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
do you think realistically thousands of people would do that?

if they manage to do that globally that would be pretty interesting..but accidents could happen, they might drown, or a wave can crash,a storm can wipe them out, or pirates, or they might trespass illegal waters, or they for whatever reason get seized by a government.

plus it may be expensive to start that off, maybe a small colony of a hundred or so independent island dwellers can try that on calm waters in the pacific but ..if they start drifting away they could end up in rough waters and flip over or get flooded.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
well i dont want to smash your dreams.. lol i say give it a shot

a test run, that would be awsome if you do it for real. and see the practicality of it.

i think its verry dangerouse though. so you better know what you are doing

but finish your videos first!

[edit on 28-3-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I haven't settled upon a definitive post-collapse society... but you can be it'll be an ultra-sustainable, anarchistic/egalitarian, off-the-grid, free, and localized community-based system. I would like for mankind to continue its forays into science and space exploration, though I'm not sure how the hell that'll be pulled off except with a microcosmic mini-nation-state that dedicates itself to such goals.

Here are some primers/ideas:

Anarchism/FAQ:

infoshop.org...

Anarchism in practice:

www.infoshop.org...

Participatory Economics:

www.zcommunications.org...

Cooperatives:

en.wikipedia.org...

Permaculture:

en.wikipedia.org...

home.howstuffworks.com...

www.permaculture.org...

Earthships:

earthship.org...

www.greenhomebuilding.com...

Neotribalism:

en.wikipedia.org...

resurgence.opendemocracy.net...

Ithaca Hours (Barter/DIY currency):

www.ithacahours.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 30-3-2010 by NoHierarchy]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
FACT: you cant have a new society without a flag or it doesnt count.

my flag would be the jolly roger!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hello fellow man.

I have stated in a previous critical ZGM thread of the OP that I would put time and effort in coming up with a workable society. To be truthfull i am not all that practical in survival and law, but i am a good philosopher. So I have been thinking, writting, conversing, reading ATS and using psychodelic drugs ect ect. Through them I have come to a vieuw I will be sharing here.

Looking at the current state of human consciousness on a collective scale a stable society that comes close to being ideal and indefinetly sustainable is highly inprobabble.

Society is a tool. A manifestation of all that is human. Within every human resides the whole of humanities potential. Being human is a learning process of understanding and coming to terms with existence. It is a form of struggle.

Everything that a society is is human and everything that is human is the above. Society will always mirror the struggles of man in coming to terms with its own existence.

The only real fufillment of our being is given through the experience of existence in all forms as humanity sees fit. The way of becoming what we want to be is being what we are now.

Once we are collectively what we wish to be effectively society will desolve. As society is a manifestation of human struggle in all forms once the struggle is lifted society is lifted. I do not know what it will be. As i came to these conclusions in an abstract way. It is a daunting task to imagine any practical implementation of anything that can be remotely described as society in that state of being.

As long as we do not understand what we are in the core society will persist. A by product of our current being. At the same time it is the tool we use to develop, change, grow, remember whateve suits your framework. Until its existence goes beyond anything we can comprehend or imangine now.

I can understand how above stated can be perceived as word play or being to vague or abstract or even all that meaningfull, thats just the point.
What above stated means is that everything is what it is. So what does this mean? Understanding is everything you need..... go get it! Wait what were we doing again?

Or as once was stated to me. The struggle alone will fill a great emptyness within you and ease your pain, suffering, mind, aka existence.

Kind regards.
My imput.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by GamleGamle]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join