It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universe expansion is speeding up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
www.phenomenica.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a8929e5637f0.jpg[/atsimg]

Quote from source:
Astronomers have claimed that the expansion of the universe is accelerating, after studying thousands of galaxies using the Hubble Space Telescope.

In its research, an international team has analysed nearly 446,000 galaxies to map the matter distribution and the expansion history of the universe, proving again that Albert Einstein's theory of relativity is indeed correct.

And the astronomers clearly found that the universe was indeed growing faster and faster with time, as predicted by Einstein.

"Our results confirmed that there is an unknown source of energy in universe which is causing the cosmic expansion to speed up, stretching the dark matter further apart exactly as predicted by Einstein's theory," lead astronomer Ludovic Van Waerbeke of Leiden University in the Netherlands said.

Einstein's theory of general relativity predicts that space and time is a soft geometrical structure of which the shape and evolution are entirely determined by the matter within it.

According to the astronomers, the universe is composed of dark matter and normal matter with third constituent called "dark energy", which over the past two billion years has been the force behind the accelerated expansion of the universe.

"The data from our study are consistent with these predictions and show no deviation from Einstein's theories," Van Waerbeke said.

So much information about the universe is coming out.

The whole idea of dark energy/matter is really getting to me. I think it is just something we don't understand, and with cosmologists finding 90% more universe it is becoming more and more interesting.

To me it is similar to our uncertainty principle which to me is code for we have no idea what is going on.

Still a good idea for discussion, and the more opinions the better.....Well intelligent ones anyways.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This was already posted: www.abovetopsecret.com... which was in response to a prior post of yours.

[edit on 3/26/2010 by Hadrian]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

I apologize.

I looked for an article about it but I didn't find one that was recent, but apparently I cannot search properly.

Once again, my apologies.

Pred...

P.S. See and this is proof that I am just in it for education and am not taking sides in the big bang idea.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by predator0187]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
no worries ... plus you posted a cool and interesting graphic that my post didn't have.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
i have a theory on why we see the redshifting of our visbible universe in all directions that IMHO is more correct than what is being used in mainstream theory.

of course my theory is always gonna be best IMHO lmao

but seriously, i wouldnt mind discussing it if it was an intelligent debate based in science.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

Anytime buddy, there is no such thing as a wrong theory in my opinion. Everything should be thought about in different ways, that is why we all have different minds...

Pred...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

Indeed, make a thread. I'll talk to you about it.

And thanks pred for your regular additions to the scientific conversations around here.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

!00 percent welcome. I love the subject and I love to talk to other intelligent people about the subject. As it says under my name I am always ready to learn.

Pred...

[edit on 26-3-2010 by predator0187]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
thread posted,

its kinda bare. i am at work and i didnt feel like going into great detail but we can still kick it around

enjoy!

top topics

join