It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predator UAVs in US Airspace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I can't really be too specific as I don't really know much about it, however, it the past few weeks, for the first time I have spotted several UAV (unmanned aerial vehicles) around my area. They are of the Predator model and to be honest, they make me quite uncomfortable.

A friend and eye were working in the backyard when one just happened to fly directly over us almost a dozen times. Around the 10th time we had spread a Gadsden Flag wide along with our one finger salutes to the passing aircraft. Needless to say, it didn't make another flyover after that.

I have a few questions.

First of all, has anyone else seen such crafts flying over their areas lately? They are noticeable usually by their low altitude and distinct shape.

Secondly, when has the US started using these to monitor civilians?

I can't help but to feel nervous whenever Big Brother decides to have eyes in the skies without our permission, so any information on this would be great.

-Gwyd

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I started a thread about this not too long ago. It's scary to think about. Before we realize what happened we'll all be under UAV surviellance. It's The Patriot Act. It opens up all sorts of possibilites for the government to monitor anybody for any reason and chalk it up to national security and keeping us safe from "domestic terrorism".

"Predator Drones Over America?"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3/26/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

edit: Do you live in Texas?

[edit on 3/26/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Not to invade your privacy (as it seems the government may have already thoroughly done that) but what area of the U.S. are you in? Is there any AF bases close to you? Other military installations? Other major critical infrastructure?

There has been some documented use of UAV's both for drug surviellance operations and I read where a Forestry Department of some state was using them as well.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Sorry, I wouldn't have posted if I saw your post. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

To answer your question, nope, I live in Pennsylvania.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by gwydionblack]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixDemon

I do live near Ft. Indiantown Gap. When I say near I mean about 50 miles away. That is probably the closest establishment in my area though it is not usually active outside of the general area.

I have spoke to a few people on base in the past and was told that all testing is done in close proximity to the base because they have been known to test the armed Predator UAVs.

I can say without certainty that this was a surveillance drone and it was unarmed. As far as the other ones I have seen, I was not close enough in proximity to tell.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Please add to existing thread

Here

Closed

new topics

top topics

join