It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Obesity in America : " Mommy, Mommy Why Am I Fat ?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Child Obesity in America : " Mommy, Mommy Why Am I Fat ?"

www.globalresearch.ca

Malnutrition comes in a delightful assortment of colorful flavors nowadays. But poverty and obesity are a correlation that Americans find hard to swallow.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The problem we have here is the use of M.S.G. in everything we eat . Including the vegetables and fruit that we buy at the grocery store has all been treated or sprayed with M.S.G. , Oh let's not forget about baby food which is loaded with it. Monosodium Glutamate is an amino acid that affects the brain along with other organs of the body. The affects on the brain makes people want to eat more. The affects on the organs , for one M.S.G. affects the Pancreas stimulating it to triple its insulin output.. www.google.com... VStS9qLLIaglAf7ycSQAQ&usg=AFQjCNFIsaQIgHml3c4j3fb4pwzO1Z5apw

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thank you for the information. I was not aware of MSG being used on our crops. One thing that struck me as interesting, when I researched this, is that it is being sprayed on peanuts. I wonder if it has anything to do with the increase in deadly peanut allergies.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It is getting increasingly more difficult to use an article via the Google search engine , so I will use You Tube.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If your kid is fat, you should probably get his ass outside and feed him less, it's not rocket science. Kids can only eat as much as they're given, I would suggest not stuffing them full of cake.

MSG isn't good stuff, it gives me severe migraines, so... I don't buy food with MSG in it and that's not even hard to do. It doesn't cost any more to get comparable food without it either.

Parents like to blame others for their own shortcomings, that's just how it is.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I've read quite a bit of nasty things about high fructose corn syrup and it's relation to obesity as well. I had no idea how prevalent it is in the food supply here in the US! And the most glaringly obvious thing is you hardly see any kids outside playing outside anymore. Xbox and Playstation have replaced "tag" and "hide and seek".

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rynocerous7
I've read quite a bit of nasty things about high fructose corn syrup and it's relation to obesity as well. I had no idea how prevalent it is in the food supply here in the US! And the most glaringly obvious thing is you hardly see any kids outside playing outside anymore. Xbox and Playstation have replaced "tag" and "hide and seek".

I was at the grocery store and decided, hey, maybe I'll buy some bottles of green tea. Since I am diabetic, I looked at the ingredients on a package of "diet" green tea. Yikes! It had corn syrup in it. Well, duh, I didn't purchase it. Instead I bought some bags of green tea and made sun tea while the sun was shining brightly that day. Diet green tea with corn syrup in it? WTF?

MSG on veggies? Even fresh ones? I am so glad that last year I bought a rotor tiller and we grew way more than enough veggies to get by for the winter and into the spring.

I admit, though, that once in a blue moon I go to Wok n Go and buy an order of General Tso's Chicken. I guess there is no MSG though, because I don't swell up like a balloon after eating the dish. But, yeah, my blood sugar does soar unless I jack up the insulin prior to eating.

Jacking up the insulin has its own side effects. The more insulin a diabetic uses, the greater the chances of gaining weight. So, like I said, this is a once in a blue moon sort of adventure in dining.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
My folks used to limit our TV time, we played outside...rambled in the woods, played football, WORKED and had chores...gardening, help clean the yard and house, part-timework, we ate only when it was time to eat dinner or supper, maybe a light snack after school... we didn't ruin our appetite before a major meal... sometimes if a good movie was on, we would have popcorn.

It's a different world today, but can't we likewise limit "gaming" time, push outdoor activities, teach responsibilty with chores and helping around house, buy only good foods with the occassional unhealthy treat as just that...an occassional treat...ice cream, brownies, etc. Parenting is not easy, but it is up to the parents...

It seems rediculous to sue McDonald's because after visiting it twice a day 5 days a week...their kid gets fat. Go ride a bike, build a fort, start a paper route, cut the neighbors grass... get off the couch and do something.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
whats wrong with you people, i have been trying to gain weight for 8 years and i haven't gained an ounce, literally. i ate everything that supposedly made you fat, mcdonalds, spaghetti, a lot of friggin spaghetti, bread, butter+cream i stack them on. i hate eating butter and cream but i force myself to eat them. i'll spread half an inch thick of butter on a loaf of french bread and a big bowl of coacoa puffs with pure milk for breakfeast, a giant bowl of spaghetti for lunch, and 2 hamburgers+fries+chocolate milk+ice cream for dinner. i kept this up for as long as i could which was 5 months. still, i didn't gain a goddamn pound. i wish i were the fat people some times, i hate being thin, it's disgusting. oh and i did not exercise, all i did was come home from work, which i sit all day, and sit in front of my computer til i went to sleep. i felt unhealthy but i did not gain a single pound, i'm cursed.

food maker need to add more fat and carb in their food.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
[url= www.msgtruth.org...

I found this website msgtruth.org and I am still studying this flow chart. I recently removed all aspartame from my diet and then I decided to eliminate MSG. So I started searching for information on foods containing MSG and to my amazement it is in nearly everything INCLUDING VACCINES AND MEDICATIONS. Now that I have studied these charts I realize that it may be impossible to avoid all MSG. It looks like B vitamins and taurine are the best lines of defense. I intend to keep studying this issue and look for more studies that connect obesity to MSG and aspartame. I have also been looking for information about what products contain GMO products, but I have been unable to find a comprehensive reference.
Check out the "American Restaurant Syndrome" section of the msgtruth website, I do not think I will be eating at KFC again.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by icenine]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

MSG ?

Try eating fast food 7 days a week.

Then siting on their arse for 6 hours a day in front of the comp.

You seriously are asking , " Why am I fat ?"

top topics

join