It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multi-Universe *POSSIBLY* Confirm: New Proof Unknown "Structures" Tug at Our Universe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Hi Original,
Curiosity is the mother of knowledge. A phrase of my own coining. And with that I am battling at the very frontiers of science, having discovered and synthesised over unity power and anti gravity.Synopsis at www.scribd.com/savvys84

Yes I would like to hear your answers.

cheers

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePowerOfOne

This was interesting ran across it looking for what years ago was called the attraction theory
www.dailygalaxy.com...

The great attractor ...is a pretty old theory (2005)
cow.physics.wisc.edu...

www.solstation.com...

News Update In late 2005, a team of astronomers engaged in a X-ray survey called the Clusters in the Zone of Avoidance (CIZA) project revealed that the Milky Way is not being drawn towards a concentration of mass called the Great Attractor but to an even more massive region behind it called the Shapley Supercluster, which lies around 500 million light-years away or four times the distance to the Great Attractor. Over the two decades since the discovery of the Great Attractor, subsequent observations at infrared wavelengths indicated that the Milky Way not, in fact, bring drawn towards the Great Attractor. Indeed, the CIZA team reported that the Great Attractor actually has only about a tenth the mass that was originally estimated (IFA press release; Maggie McKee, New Scientist, December 15, 2005; Kocevski and Ebeling, 2005; and Kocevski et al, 2005).

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
Isaiah 40:22

Astronomers continue to prove God

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Exactly.

This relates to what a lot of people have half joked about down through the ages.

I've lost count of how many times someone has said things like " What if we and Earth, and everything in the Universe, is just among the dirt collecting under an unimaginably huge giant's fingernail?"

A poster used an eye analogy above, but it's the same thought.

I have always thought your sun=nucleus, planets=electrons, solar system = atoms etc to hold a lot of weight.

I have been using the term Multiverse for some time now, as a result of this.

It is starting to be seriously considered that each universe, is akin to each galaxy, as each galaxy is akin to each solar system, right on down to the atom and electrons and beyond.

Personally, i don't think the LHC will discover the boson particle to be the 'God particle' as they sometimes put it, but rather the will be surprised to learn that there are subdivisions within it, going on further and further down to the infinite.

I think the same could be true of the multiverse(s), there will not be a single multiverse, or collection of universes that make up a multiverse, rather an ever increasing collection of multiverses, that go on to make a megaverse, that go on to make a gigaverse, and so on.

Yes, it's mindbogglingly huge, and difficult to comprehend.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by savvys84

Good phrase.

What's the father of knowledge, if curiosity is the mother of knowledge?

Existence i guess? Or conciousness.

I know because i exist. Hmm...Conciousness is the Father of knowledge?

Can't decide..procrastination is a bugger.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by Magnum007

I have always thought your sun=nucleus, planets=electrons, solar system = atoms etc to hold a lot of weight.

I have been using the term Multiverse for some time now, as a result of this.

It is starting to be seriously considered that each universe, is akin to each galaxy, as each galaxy is akin to each solar system, right on down to the atom and electrons and beyond.

Personally, i don't think the LHC will discover the boson particle to be the 'God particle' as they sometimes put it, but rather the will be surprised to learn that there are subdivisions within it, going on further and further down to the infinite.

I think the same could be true of the multiverse(s), there will not be a single multiverse, or collection of universes that make up a multiverse, rather an ever increasing collection of multiverses, that go on to make a megaverse, that go on to make a gigaverse, and so on.

Yes, it's mindbogglingly huge, and difficult to comprehend.

We ourselves are universes, if we look close enough. 99.99% of the human body is "empty space". "As above, so below" gets a new meaning. I think your theory of a multiverse(s) sounds intriguing. It reminds me of the ending of the first "Men In Black" movie, witch I thought was beautiful.

We should always stay open for new explanations and theories, and be aware that our perception is restricted. That doesn't mean we can't enjoy the version of the Universe that we perceive

Thanx for the mind-blow!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis

Originally posted by soficrow

Originally posted by Solasis
reply to post by soficrow

Wild specualtion linking this completely unrelated thread to your interests?

Uh huh. But FYI - in my mind, NOT unrelated.

Happen to just love info that gets the gears turning - speculatively or otherwise.

Up with Speculation! Down with Dogma!

I know. I was just kidding around
I completely respect your speculation -- I just think it's kind of silly
It's interesting, actually; just totally out of nowhere XD

Don't want to derail this thread - but. …FYI - about 20 years ago I realized the hexagrams were binary numbers - then researched related (translated) texts. ...The old texts DO say that the Ching is meant to be represented/understood/interpreted in a variety of ways (ie., spiritual/physical/clock-calendrical) - and is designed for literal interpretation, not just philosophical/metaphorical.

...Found 'directions' to use the hexagrams with the Yin-Yang symbol to make a 'clock-calendar.' Worked obsessively (for a while) to understand/decode this approach to the I Ching - then life intervened and I dropped it, never made it a priority again. But in the interim - many new 'discoveries' have substantiated what I learned first from the Ching.

RE: Literal interpretation of Duality in the I Ching's clock-calendar configuration.

There is no doubt that the clock-calender Ching+Yin-Yang configuration represents the physical dark/light of night/day in the first (clock) cycle, winter/summer in the second (seasonal) cycle, and the physical duality of the universe, with multi-verses, in the larger seasonal/orbital cycles. …The I Ching does not simply explicate the concept of duality, but examines the paths leading a state/thing to change into its opposite, in a multi-factorial context. (Think orbit, mega-orbits, chaos theory.)

…The I Ching is a phenomenally brilliant work - the fact that the Ching also is meant to be configured as a literal clock-calendar does not detract from its spiritual and philosophical strength.

...Indeed, I would say the physical/literal component serves to corroborate, substantiate and verify the metaphysical power of the work.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Well as a believer in a fractal multiverse this is certiantly interesting...thanks for bringing this to my attention...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007

What if the Planets and Galaxies aren't moving and it's the Matter that's actually Moving?

These are synonymous.

I can't answer why -- I don't think there is a reason, but I'm an existentialist, so.

reply to post by DeltaCommando5

Isn't "stretching out the heavens like a canopy" a lot more in line with the normal theory? This is more like he's tugging one thread out of a blanket.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

I can tell that you're a beautiful individual who has spent much time postulating the infinite possibilities. Keep it up. You're getting close to hacking the system. We live in a highly layered Universe that expands from creativity, energy, and collective wisdom. Dimensions are only frequencies, and the mind (or brain) is a transmitter and receiver of information. Its one thing to tell you this from experience...but, its another to experience it for yourself.

We live in one of the most user friendly systems ever developed. As the fourth density creeps in, your thoughts will materialize and manifest more and more. Its right around the corner.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thanks for all the input on this amazing subject!

I can't help to think that this is related the fractal universe and Mandelbrot. It is so baffling I'm practically left speechless.

It will be quite interesting if earth itself is like an electron and the solar system is an atom, and there loads of things going around us that we never notice because we are not big enough to see the whole picture. Interesting stuff indeed.

It is like the ants...they will never see something like the pyramids because they are not big enough to see the whole picture. Maybe we are like that...and it goes on forever. Mind blowing stuff.

I better stop or else I'll get an headache

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by savvys84

Good phrase.

What's the father of knowledge, if curiosity is the mother of knowledge?

Existence i guess? Or conciousness.

I know because i exist. Hmm...Conciousness is the Father of knowledge?

Can't decide..procrastination is a bugger.

I would say enlightenment or awareness is the father if curiosity is the mother.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What if we are all residing on an atom on the head of a pin in a giants dungaree pants?

We are what we believe we are. We are a collection of thoughts and memories compressed into one soul chip placed in a body. An atom in the sea of atoms.

But there is a source and we are of source and in that there is wisdom beauty and creation in a never ending non stop stream of consciousness. We are also elements in that.... as is the giant, and his genes or jeans!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
These are from a thread I began eons ago. Rather than direct you there I will bring them here. WARNING: Very paradigm shattering. Not for the timid.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I can't wait until they get more info on this, this is a space to watch!..
fascinating!!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It's interesting to see a topic like this raised just now. I'm working on some software for a machine which is intended to look at the smallest particles possible in the universe. The universal pixel if you like.

We don't know what the final result will be, I'm just working on a small IT related part of the project, but I do know that something similar to the OP has been predicted as one possible result.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by unmode]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Ridiculous claims? It sounds like it's well backed up research. Do you really think they are just making this up? I know, I know, sometimes they have cover ups and disinfo, but what purpose would it serve anyone to lie about this?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
A lot of the topics posted on ATS are, to put it bluntly, BS. This topic and associated research is clearly documented and peer reviewed. This is the real thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

Am i the only one to get the reference i wonder?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNorthernLight

My pleasure NorthernLight!

I'm totally with you on the open mindset, where's the harm? If were wrong, who's going to care?

It's fun exercise for the mind to think of the enormous and the minuscule.

I remember the Men in Black sequence too. I also think about the movie 'Contact' with Jodie Foster, when the camera pulls back through infinite galaxies..it was a great sequence too i think.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join