It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multi-Universe *POSSIBLY* Confirm: New Proof Unknown "Structures" Tug at Our Universe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Michau weighs in.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Maybe it's a REALLY big black hole, bigger than any perceived or though of before. Bigger than the one in the center of our Galaxy. Bigger than we can even comprehend. Maybe it's where our universe started with a bang and what will cause it to collapse and bang again once it gets past the threshold amount of matter it can hold.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This in it self is evidence of lifefroms more intelligent then us.

Suddenly the possibilites are endless, another universe for example could exist wayyyy longer then ours making the prospect of Intelligent Life that much bigger.

we are not alone

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
We are all just floating in an unimaginably colossal river, we are the tiniest pebble in the stream looking outward in all directions trying to figure out it's place in the stream.
This universe is a giant geological pattern, the tiniest thing here on earth would represent the most massive phenomenons we hear about.

one day we will be able to see all and expand our knowledge to areas we cannot currently imagine.
several hundred years ago it would be several weeks of journey from Europe to the Americas, it is no longer than 8-9 hours today, tomorrow you will go to the moon for the weekend, how about 100 years from now?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePowerOfOne

Honestly, I think its much easier than positing gravitational forces...

how about nature abhors a vacuum?

I see dust galaxies being pulled in a direction by my vacuum every day :-)

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67
It seems to me there may be some truth to a theory I have read that indicates that our universe and it’s near countless billions of included galaxies are just part of an infinite number of neighbouring universes with their near countless billions of galaxies, a fractalised (sic?) universe of endless possibilities and infinite pathways - add infinitum.

Would it not be incredible if one day a scientist could prove that we are a infinitesimal part of one universe among countless others that make up the structures of say someone’s eye (or neural network) just as a late night example?

Perhaps we are a figment of imagination and we are in a matrix of someone else's making after all?

I know not likely but I like to run with it – Shudder.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

The chances of us being in a matrix of someone else's creation may be closer to reality than you are entertaining. It may be the ONLY reality.

That's just my opinion.

Much love to all...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The Universe is infinitely small and infinitely big.
It is pretty F*ed up if you think how small and insignificant we all are.

Do you think this is the only level capable of life?

Do you think that when all of the galaxies that make up the universe and neighboring universes are put together it would create something similar to a neuron of something much larger?

(Neuron)
www.bcm.edu...

(Galaxy Clusters)
www.gemini.edu...

[edit on 27-3-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is one of the most important subjects over anything! I mean without the universe we arn't here.. simples.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I made a thread on the heavy side of life.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers

Suddenly the possibilites are endless, another universe for example could exist wayyyy longer then ours making the prospect of Intelligent Life that much bigger.

we are not alone

Well said! And I completely agree with you.

My mind is a bit boggled right now... every time I think about these types of things I start putting stuff together, adding to the theories I read about and confusing myself to the point of no return. Every few thousands of years of intelligent human life people have looked back and been able to laugh at the previous generations for being so 'stupid' or so 'small minded' well this is bound to happen to us as well because we know so little about the universe that we live in. We know so little about the galaxy we live in. We know so little about our own earth, and we know very little about our own ocean!

As much as I want to know the truth about everything, and trust me I do, are you all really prepared to hear the answers?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Wild specualtion linking this completely unrelated thread to your interests? We got it, down on ATS!

Originally posted by Xeven
I believe that eventually they will discover that the intial state of the universe was one of energies and nothing more.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, most scientific guesses as to what the state was at the moment of and immediately following and immediately prior to the big bang is exactly this.

I also believe they will find that once you leave a gravity well that any spacecraft would be able to reach or exceed the speed of light.

This is a really cool thought, but... I'm no scientist, but it seems like it's kind of a misunderstanding of both gravity and the aspects of the speed of light which make it the speed limit... But I can't correct those, because I don't understand either very well. I think one problem might be that the current equations of gravity suggest that even at infinite distances, there is some sort of interaction between masses... but that's probably a misunderstanding on my part, too.

Originally posted by colloredbrothers

No, it is not in itself.

Even in this light, it's not evidence. It is, at best, suggestive. It is a really really interesting suggestion, though! If we want to speculate in those directions for the hell of it -- maybe the intelligent life in that universe brought these two into contact, making Dark Flow a relatively recent phenomenon; either through a strange science experiment, or to make contact, or to colonize. Who knows?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think it is God, pulling us back to Him/Her.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

As much as I want to know the truth about everything, and trust me I do, are you all really prepared to hear the answers?

I for one would love to hear the all the answers. That is all I want in my life time.

I wish we could get peace and order on our planet so we could explore our solar system, nearby stars, and our entire galaxy. Just think if everyone was working with the common goal of expanding our civilization, trying to unravel the universe, and trying to make contact other beings, we could have been their already.

Humanity needs a main goal and purpose. We need to get everyone to focus on the same thing. There should be a mandatory Space class in grade school that teaches students everything we know about space and what our true purpose should be.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The deeper we dig, the more magical and baffling the creation becomes.Just when we think we can explain everything in a reductionist mechanistic fashion we discover some thing that turns it all on it's head.

The more we discover the crazier it gets. I love it.
Question is, why is it like this? why is it crazy? Whats going on??

Forget logic because the universe is truly bizarre.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis

Wild specualtion linking this completely unrelated thread to your interests?

Uh huh. But FYI - in my mind, NOT unrelated.

Happen to just love info that gets the gears turning - speculatively or otherwise.

Up with Speculation! Down with Dogma!

Ed to add: RE the relationship between this discovery and the I Ching.

The Yin-Yang configuration of the I Ching graphically represents the notion of 2 universes, one dark and one light - as do the explanatory texts. In addition, old texts refer to configurations of several such presentations nested one inside the other - again, clearly describing the existence and nature of multi-verses - as well as the predictable "weather" for a given "season" and to top it off, a timeline...

[edit on 27-3-2010 by soficrow]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hi guys, sorry I don't have a link, but newscientist will make the readers pay anyway. It's the article on newscientist how the universe might be a giant hologram that they posted a month ago. I know someone said a good idea "construct" not hologram. But that got me thinking, the article stated we could be on or in the real universe. So when you take away the electromagtism of the universe we see what's really there. But once you go farther away from the earth you'd end up in the real universe. But the big and small theory is interesting and one I keep dually noted. And the strange thing is to, thought i'd mention it. Everytime I say we something to do with light, more then we think, she meows and scratches me. But all in all, it would be funny if we were smack dab in the real universe. Ok, later.

I hope all this makes sense, tell if i'm confusing any of you, i'm not the best articulator on the interent.

edited: for something lame

[edit on 27-3-2010 by malakiem]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry The chances of us being in a matrix of someone else's creation may be closer to reality than you are entertaining. It may be the ONLY reality.

Indeed and though I did post earlier with a rather tongue in cheek attitude I was tired and about to retire so I hurried.

I like you also suspect that there is more to the fractal universe theory that has been postulated and the ramifications are still swirling around in my head.

Considering the new data regarding gravity wells/streams that seem from more and more accounts to be pulling on the structure of this universe it would be an amazing thing indeed if science could find a way in the near future to peer beyond the very edges of this universe.

Perhaps it is just as well for now that we cannot because I imagine a catastrophic worldwide system shock if we were one day to find a way to see beyond the furthest fringes of this universe to find another near identical but so distant that the concept of distance in the future is no longer valid just like the flat earth theory is no longer valid today.

I am visualising a trillion, trillion universes hurtling though an inky abyss like countless protozoan’s drifting in an impossibly abyssal sea.

Wow I love it, time to meditate – NOW!

[edit on 27-3-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Originally posted by Solasis

Wild specualtion linking this completely unrelated thread to your interests?

Uh huh. But FYI - in my mind, NOT unrelated.

Happen to just love info that gets the gears turning - speculatively or otherwise.

Up with Speculation! Down with Dogma!

I know. I was just kidding around
I completely respect your speculation -- I just think it's kind of silly
It's interesting, actually; just totally out of nowhere XD

The Yin-Yang configuration of the I Ching graphically represents the notion of 2 universes, one dark and one light - as do the explanatory texts.

Actually, that's a ridiculous interpretation of both the I Ching and the concept of the Yin and Yang. Those things describe the dual nature of our singular universe. To say that these must be different universes is to waaaaay westernize the thought.

In addition, old texts refer to configurations of several such presentations nested one inside the other - again, clearly describing the existence and nature of multi-verses ...

Actually, that would more clearly suggest the singular-but-mixed nature of our universe.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
What I think about the most when it comes to these things is "Where The Hell are All of Us Heading". The Universe has to stop somewhere, surely.

If it doesn't "stop", where are all the Galaxies and Planets heading to at 3.5 million/billion Miles and Hour?

What's the point of everything moving if it's not going anywhere? What if the Planets and Galaxies aren't moving and it's the Matter that's actually Moving?

It's all so confusing for my, non-scientific Brain Matter...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Insane in the brane ;-)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

Hey we could be living in god's crystal ball, while riding on a giant carousel. Or this is some wierd science experiment, who knows

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join