It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli tanks 'enter Gaza' after deadly clashes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Israeli tanks 'enter Gaza' after deadly clashes

news.bbc.co.uk

Israeli tanks are reported to have advanced into the Gaza Strip following clashes with Palestinians in which two Israeli soldiers died.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26/3/2010 by serbsta]

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 3/27/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Witnesses in Gaza said tanks and bulldozers were moving towards the southern town of Khan Younis.

It is the first time Israeli soldiers have died in Gaza since Israel's 22-day offensive there more than a year ago.

Here we go again... more bloodshed. There's been some heavy tension with some reports saying that Israeli troops saw Palestinian militants planting bombs on the border, tension then escalated and there are varying reports of what happened next. It's been a year and a few months since the last horrible bloodshed occurred, I hope this doesn't escalate.

Gaza is the worlds biggest open air concentration camp, never forget, never submit.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 3/27/2010 by semperfortis]

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well, it's great to see the "Middle East Peace Process" in full swing

Sigh.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Warplanes are now reportedly coming in.

GAZA, March 26 (Xinhua) -- Israeli attack helicopters struck several targets east of the southern Gaza Strip city of Khan Younis, with no injuries reported yet, witnesses and security sources said.

news.xinhuanet.com...

So much for not escalating...

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This could get interesting, because in the past, any action by the United Nations in Gaza was always blocked by America's power of Veto.

But now Israel has lost the very last friend it had in the entire world.

It is entirely possible that the UN could vote, and send a fifty nation peace keeping force into Gaza and do to Israel what the UN previously did to Saddam in Kuwait.

I believe the world is now ripe and ready to kick some Jewish butt.

And America, for once, may not stand in the way.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Shame... I want my house back in Gaza that I gave to the Palestinians for peace.. They dont seem to want peace though... I want my house back then...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This was from earlier today. It has not escalated and tanks have returned to the Israeli side.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
This could get interesting, because in the past, any action by the United Nations in Gaza was always blocked by America's power of Veto.

It is entirely possible that the UN could vote, and send a fifty nation peace keeping force into Gaza and do to Israel ....

I think the thought of multi national UN troops between the Israeli's and the Palastinians, is more dangerous by far, than what is currently happening.

I dont know the solution, besides dialogue between them and fairness, but that does not mean imho we should put UN troops into Jerusalem...

Match to a firework.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Has anyone found any webcam links like last year? I have looked but found nothing. Maybe the IDF made sure to cut internet connection to Gaza this time...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

www.mod.gov.il... I only found this one. Israel's gov't webcams on Gaza.

My internet sucks too bad right now to see if it worked, though.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
First the North and South Korea thing, and now this? Reports are saying that the Koreans thing has not escalated into war, and it appears that this won't, either, unless I'm misinterpreting something.

Most importantly, I turn to the news, and I see Tiger Woods. Why isn't any of this being covered?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Great link, but it's not loading for me either, I will be patient, could be very interesting if we get it to load.... thanks

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow

It is entirely possible that the UN could vote, and send a fifty nation peace keeping force into Gaza and do to Israel what the UN previously did to Saddam in Kuwait.

I believe the world is now ripe and ready to kick some Jewish butt.

And America, for once, may not stand in the way.

you know, i bet if the world asks nicely, Iran would send in a peace keeping troop.

i don't know call me optimistic.

-subfab

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This one's working, traffic camera's in israel, not sure on the view's though....

Oh, I forgot to mention, this cam's live....

www.ayalonhw.co.il...

[edit on 26-3-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
What wonderful diplomatic skill Obama and Clinton have. Both totally useless - I wonder if Obama is regretting walking out on the Israeli PM - doubt it - he is so arrogant.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
This was from earlier today. It has not escalated and tanks have returned to the Israeli side.

I certainly hope thats true, where's your source?

Six have supposedly died so far, 4 Palestinians.

www.islamtribune.com...

As of 22 minutes ago we still have these headlines coming up:

Israel sends tanks into Gaza following border clashes

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Could I ask for a little help on these traffic cams in Israel, as I don't read hebrew, just to get an approximate idea, of where they are located, thanks

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Traffic appears normal on the cam's i am watching in Israel nothing out of the ordinary at least in Israel proper....that is

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Dude the cams are under Israelis sanction whenever there is trouble.... But will go one better with you and get my family to record a few shots in English for you... Hope that helps.. If not I will translate no problem

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Cool, good to know, appriciate that very much, and thanks for the update on the sanctions....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join