It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An alien message in a BBC advert?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Whatever, they know there's interested, plus we're ******* telling them there is. I pitched a UFO related show to them lately. They won't just bin the theme straight away. The more we talk about it the more you'll find it's everywhere. It's on people's minds, constantly. When we shout about it, it becomes heard and spreads - it's good
I agree when I first saw this advert I was freaked out. It's that image of astral travelling mother teresa next to Obama that freaked me out most. LOL

It does however reek of, # off BBC, the only day I'll care is when TV license is a thing of the past. That's when we've shaped the future of humankind.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by markymint]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Interesting really since one of the programmes was on the power of societal web sites just like this.......

To be honest anyone who sees an alien message or possible message with the BBC ident in the right hand corner is a bit - as my mum says "touched"

It really gives kudos to the BBC for making programme leads like this that stir up attention.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Very very interesting she's meeting Barack Obama... why not Berlusconi, Angela Merkhel, Medvedev, Sarkozy or any other world leader??? Why the advertising producers used the image of Obama??? Will he lead the alien disclosure??? I mean if the Tea Parties don't hang him first and burn a cross in front of White House...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Probably the programme promo makers see Obama as being the most recognisable leader in the western world - even as a brit i would be hard pressed to recognise the president of France. Whilst I know who Putin is most brits wouldn't though they might know the name.

Oh and its not an "Advert " the BBC does not run adverts except on its satelllite/cable channels.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm giving this thread a BUMP.
Even though it's simply an advert, it moved me.

The RIGHT message deserves a second chance!

PEACE

Slay

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

You have to have a TV license?

OP~ I dont know what to make of it. To me it's just an advertisement. I agree the internet can be powerful. So many things are accessible now a days that werent back then.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
wow that is cool...... how did you see this

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
That advertisement was not about ‘Aliens’, unless you consider yourself an alien on this planet. It is about you, the potential in you, and what you can do to help mankind.

In humanity’s past, communications was a hurdle, and we became slaves to tyrannical beasts whom controlled and manipulated the flow of information.

But not anymore, with the rise of the internet. Today, I can talk to a Jew thousands of miles away and get a reply at light speed, and a Palestinian can get into the conversation and present his points of views.

We are flawed beings, and will make mistakes, but the longing for peace is far more stronger than the desire to hate and to kill another fellow human.

Through a civil and rational discussion, an exploration of minds, we will understand each other better and with compromises come out with solutions to end hatred and wars that had plagued mankind for centuries.

Our abilities do not just stop here, but goes into the real world as we share what we know to our families, relatives and friends. With further discussions, we will enable change to take place, regardless if it is a democracy or a tyranny, for no human given free will seek to be enslave. Individually you and I have no power, but collectively, with a rightful purpose, we are a power and a strong legion that despots and manipulators fear.

As we share experiences and discuss, we will too be able to creatively find solutions to economic and scientific issues.

Such changes will not be overnight, but as students and professionals start challenging long held assumptions, the façade of stubborn and prideful science will crumble and that’s where new discoveries will be made, at light speed transfers of information that will lead to our rightful evolution and a higher existence of life.

Such is the human potential gifted with life. It begins with you and what you can do to help mankind, empowered by the internet, but more critically, empowered by the good that lives in all humanity….. We are one people, white, black, brown, yellow, with similar hopes and aspirations....

Kudos to the BBC. They finally got it right

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I thought it was a nice video with a good message. I really liked it, but I do not think(90%) it was in any way preparing us for contact.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
No LOLcats or goatses??

That's not the people of the interwebz that I know!

-m0r

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Enjoyed the commercial, nicely done. Don't think it was any sort of advance preparartion though.
BTW I think the female at the end who was using the computer was Christina Ricci. (Wednesday Addams
).

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by thewhitedraco

It came up on the BBC news channel

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I put this up under its original title a few week's back an got little response!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Connect to the Internet, we are One. WAKE UP.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I thought it was a cool advert.

You can say it's only what the cool young people want and it's just fake and whatever.... but I liked it.

And there are some truths in there, whether intentional or not.

Very cool Ad.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

something is weird about that video, the beginnig and the middle-part didn't (in my oppinion) fit together:S
they allmost rewealed them selves as aliens , the BAM "we are the people of the internet"
could it be because of censorship or just to spread the messafe and still remain on topic(internet)
There is something SaLuSy about that (as in SaLuSa)

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The interweb of interconnected energies.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I thought it was somewhat irresponsible of the BBC to blame the worlds troubles on the Internet, and then hope some Extraterrestial race will come down and intervene through our thoughts and "put things right."

The only people who can right what we've wronged is ourselves, and its almost as if the BBC are dumbing down the population in believing that there schitzophrenic.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Just an Ad. A moving one sure but an Ad none the less.
Same old Advertising formulae, show us our hopes, our fears and our dreams. Give us a medium to achieve them (or at least believe we are achieving them)

Gorgeus to look at but just opium for the masses. Gives us all the feeling that we are making a difference and the BBC is an essential part of it.

Congrats to all the creative thinkers involved in production who's hearts are surely in the right place. But are just hired to create a theme.

Business as usual.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I really don't know what to think: fancy comercial or hidden message, who knows, the world is one interesting place.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by theability]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join