It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

El Paso Police Under Threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

El Paso Police Under Threat

www.ktsm.com

El Paso - Local police officers are heeding warnings of a possible death threat.

Homeland Security's Border Intelligence Center in El Paso have issued a police alert.

It says suspected Barrio Azteca gang members may issue a green alert authorizing the murder of police officers in the El Paso area.

The warning encourages police to change their route of travel to and from work and encourages officers to wear their ballistic armor.

It also says police should speak with their family members and advise them of this potential threat.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
www.elpasotimes.com

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I cannot believe that we do not hear about any of this anywhere else in the country. I heard about this through the grape vine. Apparently this goes for all along the U.S. / Mexico border. Mexican gangs vs. our police departments. Even the families have to take special precautions. Scary times. I hope nothing comes of this. Best of luck to our men and women in blue as well as their families.

www.ktsm.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The last link on the first post...the abc news link talks about what happened just south of L.A. yesterday in regards to this threat.

Four municipal trucks were set ablaze in a rural Riverside County town plagued by bizarre booby trap attempts to kill police officers, and authorities said Wednesday the fire may be linked to the earlier attacks.

"Everyone is worried, everyone is being careful," Hemet police Lt. Duane Wisehart said. "You get scared a little bit and then you get angry. It keeps happening."

I am just shocked that this could happen. AND not be on the news all across the country.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I hate to bring gloom and doom
into this discussion but

couldn't this be considered a Mexican Cartel
invasion of America??

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Yes, but I dont think that is anything new. My understanding is that because the Mexican govt says they do not back it, we can not treat it as an invasion.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Now if this doesn't just scream out for military on our borders, I don't know what would! When our internal law enforcement are being threatened by FOREIGN drug runners, this country has a severe problem. This constitutes and invasion by a foreign force!

Why do I doubt that the federal government will do anything about it? Why do I feel like they are going to continue pressing for amnesty?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Yes, but I dont think that is anything new. My understanding is that because the Mexican govt says they do not back it, we can not treat it as an invasion.

Hello,

If the Mexican Gov. says they don't back the cartel/gang, they'd better wise-up and do their part in eliminating this threat.

This thing reeks of CIA Homeland "security" breach...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hey and just think the government wants to give them all amnesty. Isn't that just wonderful.

They have the legal means to clean this stuff up, but they refuse to do it. Unfortunately I think it is time for ICE and the police to go against DHS orders and arrest and detain all the illegals.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
hey, send me down to the border, anywhere along it, i have the technology!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Light of Night
Hey and just think the government wants to give them all amnesty. Isn't that just wonderful.

They have the legal means to clean this stuff up, but they refuse to do it. Unfortunately I think it is time for ICE and the police to go against DHS orders and arrest and detain all the illegals.

Eh?
Yup, I mean.
I have a theory....
The PTB are doing a survey of sorts. Will the people come to the aid of the public servants? A "MOCK" call to arms?
These gangsters are being enticed to do battle by the CIA?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
They are not a gang from Mexico. They are a US gang.

Originating in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Department of Corrections) the Barrio Azteca's activities were first tracked within in the system about 1990. Many of the original inmate members were from the West Texas area of El Paso but since organizing, they have permitted some inmates from other parts of the State of Texas to join their ranks.

www.gangsorus.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

No the Mexican Cartels want to take over the country. You have to remember that once you start making a certain amount of money your priorities change. At some point along the way it stops being about money and starts being about power. The cartels are fighting each other over power not money.

Now the Cartels are starting to wage a campaign against our police forces. You have to remember that TPTB also have enemies.

In the grand scheme of things money is just a means to the next goal. Once you gain enough money you can make more money so it no longer becomes an issue. All about power in the end.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I dont know what to say. I love El Paso but its best to fly through now.

:shk:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I grew up 15 minutes from the border near a little New Mexico border town. My parents still live there and they have kept me up to date on this story for the past 4 years.

The Mexican state of Chihuahua is a war zone. It is a war torn third world country with nothing but a crappy fence full of holes separating it from the United States. The police force in the Mexican border towns literally have an officer turnover rate of days, as the officers recieve immediate death threats against them and their family minutes after accepting the job and then quit and apply for assylum in the US. They find headless, handless bodies almost routinely now on both sides of the border, out in the desert in most cases, left for the coyotes and vultures, but sometimes they turn up in urban trash dumpsters as well.

The Mexican drug cartels own Northern Chihuahua and they want the entirety of southwestern US. I've even seen some news reports about our own border patrol agents stopping trucks and vans just this side of the border and having individuals dressed in military fatigues run across from Mexico and hold our agents at gunpoint to ensure these trucks get back across the border.

It is a well known joke in AZ, NM, and west Texas that while our government tries to paint places like Afghanistan and North Korea as being the #1 threats to our national security, they (the feds) are doing virtually nothing to quell the real #1 threat to national safety...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Interesting article about the gang from 2009

On 3 November, Mexican police arrested ten members of the Barrio Azteca in Juarez in connection to the murder of at least 12 people. When they were arrested, the suspects were armed with assault rifles, side arms and communication radios. According to some analysts, this was a group of hit men preparing for a mission.

This news broke only weeks before the beginning of the Barrio Azteca trial in November 2008. By that time, police in El Paso already knew that members of the Barrio Azteca prison gang were in regular contact with members of Los Zetas and the Juarez Cartel.

mexidata.info...

Police already knew this relationship existed. Homegrown terrorists?

I really hope the police take the fight to this gang. IMO, as soon as the police knew about the relationship to the Mexican gang, the police should have went after the Azteca with a vengeance.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
That's it! Why are we not rushing troops to the border? Lou Dobbs ranted about this on CNN for years, even to the point where he was getting threats from illegal aliens support groups like the American Council for La Raza. When he quit CNN, so did I.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
considering the CIA's connection with columbians and mexican drug cartels.. its no wonder they are armed to the teeth with sophisticated communications equipment. This is serious stuff... its not necc. an invasion of the cartels into the US because theyve been here for awhile now but they do seem to be growing some nuts opposing american police depts. Our suthern border IS, not becoming, but IS a war zone...

Headlines concerning our southern border the last 24 hours:

news.bbc.co.uk...
Mexico police arrest alleged 'King of Heroin'

news.bbc.co.uk...
Mexican drug gangs 'spread to every region of US'

www.cbsnews.com...
40 Mexican Prisoners Escape Near Border

www.google.com...
Deputy police chief, bodyguard murdered in Mexico

www.france24.com...
Police chief beheaded in north Mexico

see what i mean...

[edit on 26-3-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Now if this doesn't just scream out for military on our borders, I don't know what would! When our internal law enforcement are being threatened by FOREIGN drug runners, this country has a severe problem. This constitutes and invasion by a foreign force!

Why do I doubt that the federal government will do anything about it? Why do I feel like they are going to continue pressing for amnesty?

To note really, the Barrio Azteca was born in America. But the work with mexican cartels and are also stationed in Juarez.

But the response is the same. I hate gangs, beyond belief and believe it would be best to shoot these types of gangs on sight.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

your reffering to the vagos. a US biker gang. completely unrelated issue.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This reminds me of the officer who was sued for shooting an illegal immigrant who was drug runner and threatening the officer while he was patrolling the border. I believe he got a couple years in prison, wish i could remember. I do remember how angry it made me that the druggie was portrayed as a victim.

If they ever do pull the troops from the middle east they should go on the border. I'm sure we can settle this once and for all with some constant pressure and force.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by ItsAgentScully]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join