It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange fenced area in the middle of nowhere: What is it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I found this on Google Earth in Florida while searching for a location mentioned in another thread. What could this be?

lat=27.7009404659, lon=-82.1382890097

and closeup

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It's located near a "ghost town" named Ft. Lonesome. Anybody live near there willing to check it out?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Looks like horse/cow corals to me

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
private property. Looks like in may have once been used to keep animals there.
edit to add:

OR it could be a FEMA Camp put the by the NWO illuminati shape shifting freemason reptilian ANUNAKI!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 26-3-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

That's funny stuff. It just seems strange to have some sallyport looking thing in the middle of a field hidden by a crop of trees. Reptillian alien FEMA camp hahahahaa rotflmao.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I think you'll find that it's just a funneling system meant to collect and separate livestock. Most likely of the bovine nature. Which is probably why you don't see animals around, since this typically wouldn't be used daily.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
just to ease your thinker. I grew up around that area. As far as what you found it is used for seperating cattle for the most part. The only thing that you will fimd in fort lonesome is cold beer and phosphate mines. You will find alot of blue or very pretty green lakes all over this place in google earth. So if you look around out there and see buildings that look out of place the building is propably a storage shed or maitenanence. There is nothing out of the ordinary there as far as i know. Things can always change, but around there change is not a very fast pace if you know what i mean.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I was hoping for zombies at the very least. Cows, eh? Darn. Oh, well...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Oh, THAT?

That's just where they keep

TORGO

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/26/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Looks like horse/cow corals to me

yup that's what it is...
Heard the moo moo's in through the funnel part...
separate them into various pens..
some you will brand some you sell some will need doctoring...

but just to keep things rolling. yeah it works for sorting and assembling zombies parts too...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Oh, THAT?

That's just where they keep

TORGO

— Doc Velocity

Eeek! Torgo! Run for the hills folks!

en.wikipedia.org...:_The_Hands_of_Fate

[edit on 3/26/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It looks like it is for horses?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Either used as a corral or something was going to be built there

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
here's a previous thread on Ft. Lonesome, FL (or what WAS Ft. Lonesome).
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Someday I'll have to check the area out, I'll keep you updated!

[edit on 26-3-2010 by ghr54321]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ghr54321

Excellent (voice of Mr. Burns)! But don't get caught out of the middle of nowhere in a car without a roof. Zombies you know. I'll check back for your update. Thanks!

edit: P.S. Yeah, that's the thread I was reading that led me to check out the area.

[edit on 3/26/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Not to be rude, but how can you look at that picture and think anything except farm/animals/herding and whatnot?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
I think you'll find that it's just a funneling system meant to collect and separate livestock. Most likely of the bovine nature. Which is probably why you don't see animals around, since this typically wouldn't be used daily.

I thought that was maybe where they stored Dan Rather's ego, and Phil Donahue's masculinity.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I think the OP deserves a flag and star, although the photo may show a fenced area for cattle/horses it goes to show the OP is willing to spend his/her time looking for strange things around the globe. It shows initiative, something alot of members on this site are lacking.

Keep up the good work OP.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'll second the motion.......

It's a chute and separator for livestock.
After calving on a large range you need to separate males from females, which get castrated, what goes to market, remove unhealthy animals, etc...

You herd everything up a narrowing chute and once penned you start the sorting process.
And it's a bloody hard days work depending on the number of animals that need processing.

All the calves must be ear tagged, vaccines are given, and males get a nut band on the scrotum so it dies and drops off.
Enjoy your burger tonight......

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The machine in the upper right fenced in area looks like a oil well pump or a natural gas well pump. Fencing keeps people and animals out of harm's way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join