It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Great Debate- Stock Market Reform

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
reply to post by mnemeth1

And what "brought" about the FED?

What is to prevent a certain event that happened last century from happening again
without regulation???

You seem to think manipulation will disappear if there are no standards or practices
am I wrong?

It seems to me you might have Moral Hazard be the lynch pin between the Global
marketplace and SUPER DUPPER ARMAGEDDON

I assume you want no rules, no frame work, NOTHING...

I agree it is screwed, but giving more control to people with hundreds of billions?

The banks lobbying corrupt congressman brought about the Fed.

That's another failure of our politicians.

Manipulation WOULD disappear without the Fed and our criminal fractional reserve banking system of fiat money.

You'd still have some fraud, it will happen. I'm not saying all fraud will disappear. However THE MARKET WILL PUNISH THE FRAUDSTERS like it is supposed to without the Fed bailing them all out!

If there was no Fed today, JP Morgan, Citi, Goldman, the whole lot of them would be BANKRUPT!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

And given our current money system we would be too...

The point that frustrates me is that you believe the system will flush out the fraudsters.

To me that is naive at best, in the era of computers no doubt

I know you have your belief, but in some aspects it appears to be faith based.

The fact is we are in an age or close where a majority of "capital" is in binary form.

I do not for the life of me understand the realm that the most wealthy and powerful
should be unrestricted, whilst we have many laws that rightfully dictate our conduct in this low mans society as in all societies.

What would prevent massive buy in and sell offs INTENTIONALLY meant to slaughter and concur all the other share holders who are not part of the "mission" of conquer.

Ultimately the technological part and your philosophy is the marriage I fear.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

They want to portray any Republican that opposes it as a corporate crook that wants to rape the American working and middle class.

For some people, the dems have already done the raping by passing healthcare. Furthermore, they haven't done enough to improve the economy.

The dems quest to reform the stock market to prevent future collapse is fine. But if I were them, I would focus on getting us out of the current collapse.

IMO, trying to get revenge is bad for the dems, bad for the economy, and bad for America.

If they get people working again, they will get the votes.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

The system would flush out the fraudsters as it has done every single time throughout our history.

Madoff got caught when the market caused his ponzi to implode.

The SEC didn't catch Madoff, the market did.

We don't need a central bank to plan interest rates and run our lives. The central bank is what has caused this economic disaster, it will not help fix it.

The market WOULD have flushed out JP, Goldman, and all the rest by now, but the central bank is preventing them from going under like they should.

The debt needs to be wiped off the books completely, not passed on to the tax payer.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by mnemeth1]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join