It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sensors turn skin into gadget control pad (with VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Sensors turn skin into gadget control pad

I found this pretty interesting. It consists of a projector which sends the image on the skin and receives the signal acoustically... Very interesting...

The sensors could be coupled with Bluetooth to control a gadget, such as a mobile phone, in a pocket. It could be used to control a music player strapped to the upper arm. Finally, he said, the sensors could work with a pico-projector that uses the forearm or hand as a display surface. This could show buttons, a hierarchical menu, a number pad or a small screen. Skinput can even be used to play games such as Tetris by tapping on fingers to rotate blocks. Mr Harrison would not be drawn on how long it might take Skinput to get from the lab to a commercial product. "But," he said, "in the future your hand could be your iPhone and your handset could be watch-sized on your wrist."

That, my friends, is super cool... It's amazing how technology is getting more and more cool!!!

Keeping the peace,

Magnum

[edit on 10/3/26 by Magnum007]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Ooo, that is a cool bit of kit. I can't wait to see what the paranoid amongst us make of it and the nefarious uses they dream up for it.

Rev

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

I'm just excited about the tetris tease!!! I love that game
(no sarcasm)... Imagine watching Youtube videos on your arm? lol...

The question I am wondering that doesn't seem to be answered in the article is whether the sensors work on different skin tones/colors...

Magnum

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I dont think this will ever take off because 99% of people dont want anything messing around with their body, especially electronics!

new topics

top topics

join