It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Has Entered New Age

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The Age of Aquarius? Not quite -- It's the Anthropocene Epoch, say the scientists. Right so more and more they open the door to reveal to us what they already know, while pretending its new to them. The Mayan calendar predicted the date, as did others but we persist to see or believe what we are doing yet dont do anything about it.. Heres yet another link.

www.sciencedaily.com...

[edit on 26-3-2010 by jazz10]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

With this new age brought upon us will it be the sign of things to come or the same outcome like the past few decades?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Many theoretical scientists say that our day and age is very exciting and can be gamechanging. Watch some videos of Michio Kaku and he'll tell about some new exciting technologies that may kickstart a second industrial revolution. Exciting times we live in

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
"And they add that the dawning of this new epoch may include the sixth largest mass extinction in Earth's history."

GOOOD GAME, star and flag.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
did anyone ASK these scientist to propose a scientific name for this modern era?

i'd guess this holocene, really needed sub-divided into this Age of New Man
so the 3 scientists could get in history books for coining the era 'Anthropocene' ~ which i guess started at the Industrial Revolution ~

humbug,
Fuff gets stuck in one's windpipe,
but
to the thread starter

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Science Daily is a good site for science news, but often a bad example of science journalism.

The original article...The New World of the Anthropocene is an interesting, well-sourced op-ed. The authors are leaders in the field and speculate about the possible consequences of the past 200 years of industrialization on Earth's climate future.

It can be argued that a formal Anthropocene Epoch would inherently downplay the scale and significance of preindustrial (early agricultural) modification of landscape (24, 29) and oversimplify the complex and historically protracted human effects on the natural environment. In response, one might say that existing formal boundaries within deep geological time do not typically have such a deleterious scientific effect; more typically the research carried out to establish them illuminates the complex course of palaeoenvironmental history. Regardless, the Anthropocene has taken root in the scientific community, and is now unlikely to decline through practical neglect by working scientists.
Link as above

The evidence suggests we are having a negative effect on the planet. At the same time, they are saying we can't see the woods for the trees...yet.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for that cheers

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Well how cool is that, humanity is going to destroy itself by destroying the planet. Serves them right. I never cared much for humans anyhow. What an awful ugly evil destructive waring species they are. They deserve to go the way of the dinosaurs. Good riddance. Bye bye humans, bye bye ya bunch of flesh and bloody thirsty planet destroyers, I hopes yous all burn in hell for the damage humanity has brought to this planet!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I wonder if Iceland has enough carbon credits for that volcano. Melting ice is a big threat to this planet so forget the CO2. Water vapor traps heat and melts more ice trapping more heat. You end up with a very warm very humid planet. Storms would increase tenfold and given recent activity on the planet I fear you are seeing the begining. My feeling is that recent solar activity is to blame.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What do the Global Warming Deniers say about this? Is it caused by the sun?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Thanks for this Thread. Very interesting article. But again, we have this crazy scientific notion that humanity is soley responsible for climate or geological change.

It is caused by the planet, the sun, her system, the very fabric of the universe! Man is so insignificant in respect to the layers of eternal and infinite reality that the planet spins in. Even if we had shown proper respect for Earth and refrained from poisoning her as we have, she would still heave and roil in relation to both her own physiology and it's relationship with the Universe.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Forgive my ignorance.. but, what is (NEW AGE)..??

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Am i the only one remembering this thread?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Well how cool is that, humanity is going to destroy itself by destroying the planet. Serves them right. I never cared much for humans anyhow. What an awful ugly evil destructive waring species they are. They deserve to go the way of the dinosaurs. Good riddance. Bye bye humans, bye bye ya bunch of flesh and bloody thirsty planet destroyers, I hopes yous all burn in hell for the damage humanity has brought to this planet!

Well at least it's easy to tell who are the pschopaths on ATS

new topics

top topics

join