It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you want to know what "TROUBLE" really is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
GOOD PRE-PLANNING IS THE MARK OF INTELLIGENCE

As yet not widely reported the Kurds of Northern Iraq have suspended their unilateral cease fire with Turkey, and at the same time reasserted their right to establish an independent and democratic free state.

This is a disturbing incident, following soon after, American movement in granting Iraqi sovereignty. This event creates an escalation of tensions in an area already at flash point.

To follow the obvious and progressive steps this action may precipitate and will provide the Bush Administration’s one of its most dangerous international dilemma since the Iraq war:

Kurdish assertion of a free and independent state technically creates a state of civil war within the new and almost sovereign state of Iraq; it also pits the Kurds against Turkey.

If the Kurds attack Turkey, a state of war exists and automatically triggers NATO’s “attack on one is an attack on all” clause of mutual defense; given our support of the new government of Iraq and out commitment to protect the state we would find ourselves technically at war with ourselves.

A condition which - impossible in any other Administration - not out of possibility given our current leadership.

Dismissing the insanity of that “oddity”, It leave the USA committed to suppression of the Kurds desire for a free and independent country by attacking the only free and functioning unit in Iraq.

It seem to me that it takes colossal intelligence to have arrived at this position or stupidity of beyond measure.

I look forward eagerly to hear the spin the Administration puts on this one. The Talking Points will have to be top class sophistry even to pass the smell test.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This could be a troubling but interesting event, but I can only hope it works out.

I'll be waiting to see what happens here.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Interesting... but why is it in the pit? You should have put this in politics or war where everyone could see it.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I agree, submit this to ATSNN post haste. Sounds like a good story.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
OK, I will repost..........

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This kind of thing disgusts me, I mean are you happy about it, would you be happy if things went horrible in Iraq?

All so you can say that Bush is an idiot. Is that what this is all about? I'll tell you what man. Why don't you write a letter to all of the troops over their and tell them that they have their work cut out for them. Like they don't know.

Me, I'll stick with the idea that our troops and country can still help the Iraqi people win their freedom and be able to protect themselves.

You can stick to your sick ways of being happy everytime something goes wrong in Iraq. Its sick man.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Excuse me?
I read you post 4 times. I went back to my original post and read it twice. And all the time I’m asking myself, “Is it possible he (you) posted to the wrong string?” , searching for reasons to justify the reasons for what you posted. After some time and due consideration I have come to the conclusion you did in fact, post what you did to the right string and you were replying, sharing your reactions to my original post.
That having been concluded I was left with the problem, “How does one go about EVEN replying to such a post?”
Because of the nature and style of your presentation I have decided to reply to you, item by item in the order set forth in your post ( I will use caps –not as a shout – but as a way for readers to more easily distinguish between what you wrote and my reply):
========================================================
“This kind of thing disgusts me,”
WHAT DISGUSTS YOU?

“I mean are you happy about it,”
I’M HAPPY? WHERE DID YOU GET THAT IDEA FROM?
“would you be happy if things went horrible in Iraq? “
NO. QUITE THE OPPOSITE IS TRUE. I AM VERY CONCERNED THAT WE BE SUCCESSFUL IN IRAQ, ACTUALLY.

All so you can say that Bush is an idiot.
I NEVER SAID ANYTHING OF THE SORT. NOR DID I IMPLY IT; NOR WOULD I AT SOME TIME IN THE FUTURE, AS A DIRECT RESULT OF OUR SUCSESS IN IRAQ.

Is that what this is all about?
ARE YOU NOW ASKING ME IF YOUR ATTEMPT AT READING MY MIND TO DETERMINE MY MOTIVATIONS IS CORRECT? If that’s THE ANSWER IS : NO.
I'll tell you what man.
NOW YOU’RE GOING TO TELL ME…………..
Why don't you write a letter to all of the troops over their and tell them that they have their work cut out for them.
- TO WHAT END? AND WHAT WOULD THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING REMOTELY RELATED TO MY POST?

Like they don't know.
WELL, IS IT: THEY DO KNOW; so then why write a letter. OR IS IT THE DON’T KNOW: in which case, why would it be me telling them?

Me, I'll stick with the idea that our troops and country can still help the Iraqi people win their freedom and be able to protect themselves.
I, AS YOU, SURE HOPE SO TOO.

You can stick to your sick ways of being happy every time something goes wrong in Iraq.
HERE WE GO WITH THAT SICK THING AGAIN! AND ACTUALLY, ‘WHEN THINGS GO WRONG’ AS YOU REFER TO IT, I FEEL MOST FRUSTRATED AND HELPLESS; AND CONFOUNDED AS TO HOW WE FIND OURSELVES IN SUCH A SITUATION………………
Its sick man.
WELL, THERE MAY IN FACT BE SOME SICKNESS AROUND HERE BUT I ASSURE YOU………IT AIN’T ME BUNKIE.

signature
I am totally shocked at how many people don't know what is really going on in Iraq!

ME TOO!

new topics

top topics

join