It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Strikes Back at CIA!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
Hello,
I need to be educated about the CIA, please.
1-Why do they exist, when we already have a National Security Association?
2-Why is the CIA operating outside the US borders?
3-Are you certain the CIA is working towards your best interests, if not, and if so, please explain?
4-Is the CIA part of the military industrial complex?
I'll ask more questions after I learn where your intel comes from, thank you in advance.

[edit on (3/26/1010 by loveguy]

[edit on (3/26/1010 by loveguy]

Greetings

I will answer these as best I can.

1) The CIA, or Central Intelligence Agency, was created in 1947 in the aftermath of WWII with the purpose of obtaining strategic information and pursue US Cold War Goals. Essentially what happens after WWII is that the United States and Soviet Union emerge as the two big "hot-shots" if you will, or super powers, and we disagreed on three big principles. Economic, Political, and Philosophical views. There were many others as well, but Democracy and Communism do not get along well, and the US wanted to know all it could about what was happening in the Soviet Union during this time. Understand that right after the war, Russia was working on its own atomic energy project and in 1949, within 4 years time of WWII ending and the United States first atomic test (both in 1945 respectively) Russia had its own nuclear capabilities. We wanted to make sure we kept close tabs on them.

2) The CIA has always operated outside our borders. The CIA has staged many coups around the world including the 1951 overthrow of the ruler of Iran, 1954 overthrow in Guatemala and were involved in the 1955 Suez Canal incident in Egpyt.

3) Yes and no. Who's interests are you looking at?

4) The CIA is its own can of worms =]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
I hate to say it but is this not what they get paid to do? And we blame them for the wars when they in truth have no control. Were does the buck stop? It stops at Obama the last time I checked blame him not them. They are doing their jobs and doing them well I give them a big thumb up.

I also have to wonder who is leaking this info? And when they catch them I do not want to see a trial wink wink. Why can we not even keep secrets anymore? We have real enemies who will view this as weakness and will try even harder to make us fall.

Disclosure is for fools. We need secrets and we should kill anyone who gives them away. Info like this could threaten all of us. Do you like to sleep without worries at night? Then wake up.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

Dude. The CIA supposedly makes huge profits from a drug trade while the federal govt. has a standing anti-drug policy. If an agency of a Govt. won't even abide by the law of the land within the land itself, what makes you think they aren't doing a lot of other naughty things? I think the agency does a lot of good but at the same time they need regulation or they may be a force for evil. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

We need to end all the extremism and return to a more ethical responsible way of life.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
Well there you have it, the CIA foments war. Is there any wonder why they would be complicit in at least letting the 911 attacks happen?

[edit on 26-3-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

Uh, yeah... of course they do. How do you think this mess started in the middle east?

Saddam, in the Iran/Iraq war (which was promoted by the CIA) ran out of steam in 1988. Of course Saddam was our "friend" and would do what was "necessary" if we asked, right? So, the CIA stroked him and told him that he deserved to have Kuwait, it was his territory and he should take it back. The US state department got on board with the french and ADS and shipped Saddam a sh*tload of weapons, all US made! They traveled from the US to France and then down the coast of Africa by ship landing in South Africa for inspection. An ambassador in South Africa brokered the deal between ADS, two SA NP ministers, the US and Iraq. Of course what the US didn't count on at the time, was one of my "friends" got greedy and added G5 cannons to the order. Can you say "greater range and better accuracy that US cannons in a ground war." Sure, knew ya could. After the weapons were shipped, the US found that the G5's worked actually better for their plan as they could then go immediately into a full air war and got to test all those neat toys.

The initial Gulf war, Desert Storm, was about four things; soften Saddam up so they could eventually take him out to keep him quiet; lay the foundation for the corporatization and rape of Iraqi resources; to develop additional strategic locations in the middle east for eventual corporate expansion and to act as a buffer zone between Iran and Israel while getting closer to China; and of course to test all o' them new armaments.

This is the kind mess the CIA makes at the behest of the state department/executive branch. Ask John Stockwell (CIA in Angola helping to manage UNITA at the time and assisting the SADF with logistics on the MLA), he knows the drill, it was the same there as it was were I was located.

But out of fairness to the CIA, we all followed orders regardless of whichever alphabet company were our handlers. Ultimately responsibility for these actions lay with the leaders of the involved countries. It's easy to say, "No I wouldn't do the things they ask." It's a lot harder to say no in the field under fire in harm's way or if you've been backed into a corner and given no way out.

It is our leaders (or the banksters or the military/industrial complex, take your pick) who have created the monsters and have control over them.

Cheers - Dave

That's what enables these people in the end money for compliance. The complete indoctrination into a military type command style. Where there are no rules for the guys at the top but the guys at the bottom have a million checks and obey orders like good Lao dogs. Its the same in the corporate world, the workers become the enablers for illegal actions and corruption. You allow the criminality.

This is why I could never be a cop, government agent, soldiger etc.
When peoples lives are at stake and people die from some foolish order or illegal action which I helped perticipate in. How could I live with that.

Do you honestly believe on judgement day the fact that you were just following orders is going to save you from what you did?

Sadly the answers no. And in fact its a choice no American ever has to make being that we have no draft. You chose to do that for a living and if you choose then
you are an enablers of evil. You are responsible.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
There is a major difference between keeping something secret for the good of all and keeping something secret for the good of a few.

Unrestricted use of the secrecy act allows abuse of that power.

It's unrestricted use costs those that it was meant to protect and freedom cannot thrive in a secret state.

If the acussation of the whistle blowers being judge and jury of what should not be secret is wrong how can it be any more correct for a few to be the judge and jury of what should be secret?

We can handle the truth. The question is can the secret keepers survive when the truth is told?

[edit on 26-3-2010 by colin42]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I may have missed it on an earlier posting but on opening the pdf of the article the first item that grabbed my attention was only a few lines in and it's this;

"title: CIA Red Cell Special Memorandum; Afghanistan: Sustaining West European Support for the NATO-led
Mission-Why Counting on Apathy Might Not Be Enough"

and the part in particular that bothers me is "Why Counting on Apathy Might Not Be Enough"

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I really do not see any surprise here.

I thought this was SOP for any intel org...?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I hate to say it but is this not what they get paid to do? And we blame them for the wars when they in truth have no control. Were does the buck stop? It stops at Obama the last time I checked blame him not them. They are doing their jobs and doing them well I give them a big thumb up.

I also have to wonder who is leaking this info? And when they catch them I do not want to see a trial wink wink. Why can we not even keep secrets anymore? We have real enemies who will view this as weakness and will try even harder to make us fall.

Disclosure is for fools. We need secrets and we should kill anyone who gives them away. Info like this could threaten all of us. Do you like to sleep without worries at night? Then wake up.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

Awesome post Subjective Truth! It is worth an inst Foe from the Zarp-O-Meter of disinfo. It sounds just like a page from the Hannity / Limbaugh / CIA propaganda handbook.

Using patriotism to marshall support for an unjust war is a disease that must be eliminated. Do you really believe that crap?

I don't know about you, but I don't have nightmares about subsistence poppy farmers building a raft, sailing across the Atlantic and hitting me with a rock.

On the other hand, the millions of junkies addicted to CIA sponsored heroin pose a grave threat to the US.

The CIA is operating in such a compartementalized fashion as to be above the law. The ends do not justify the means.

The good news is that Dave Wilcock's prediction is coming true. The coal-black veil of secrecy is gradually being lifted.

It is exposing the lowest form of predatory parasites to the light. The sword of justice is being raised. Heads will roll.

I find it ironic that more than one new member from your pledge class includes the word "truth" in their name, just like you and Seatle Truth.

As my good friend Chris Matthews says, HA!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss

Whoa it's getting nasty!!

Wonder where they got this document????

How do you French and German citizens feel about the CIA sponsored ad campaigns to make you feel good about the war in Afghanistan??

Before you anser that question take in the following information:

According to Gordon Duff, senior editor of Veteranstoday.com, former UN diplomat, defense contractor, and global political and economic advisor who just returned from a trip to Pakistan, U.S. contractors and India are heavily involved in drug processing in Afghanistan. The U.S. benefits from the sale of drugs that stem from poppy crops grown within Afghanistan. These drugs are now able to be manufactured within Afghanistan rather than having to have the raw materials taken out of the country first. The war is being fought ineffectively because once the war stops billions of dollars of heroin money go away. Americans who see all of the massive drug dealing (with US contractors and India heavily involved) are told not to discuss the involvement of the U.S. in the drug business in Afghanistan.

Mr. Duff Duff was interviewed by Mark McGrath and Phil Cooke on "The Ugly Truth" Radio Program 03-24-10. You can listen to the podcast of Mr. Duff's radio interview at the following address:

theuglytruth.podbean.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
if the CiA can't even keep wikileaks off their behind then they don t deserve to be given the name "intelligence". iF you know what your countries intellience agencies are doing then one of two things is going on:

1. They are completely incompetent

2. They have successfully fooled you.

Now make up your mind.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I wonder if the CIAs hands aren't somewhat tied by their own bureaucracy and this big problem of using US colleges and universities to judge competence. I am not sure that they've figured out yet that people can be educated WAY beyond their level of competency.

You can get a whole brigade of Ivy league educated boys from privileged backgrounds, give them cushy jobs at the CIA trying to get poor and possibly dusky folks to do the dirty or dangerous work, but even they are the few, the rest are spewed throughout our media and political branches - and the rich pasties get promoted and promoted and promoted...until they get political, if they are not already political, which is where they can really help screw up govt. too...Oh look at me, what a good boy am I.

That's what I THINK. I hope it isn't the case.

And here comes this thing called the Internet. Yeah, it scares them. They might get sunburnt by the light.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by hadriana]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Here is another quote regarding the use of Afghan women to persuade European women to support the war. They even provide statistics...

-According to INR polling in the fall of 2009, French women are 8 percentage points less likely to support the mission than are men, and German women are 22 percentage points less likely to support the war than are men.

-Media events that feature testimonials by Afghan women would probably be effective if broadcast on programs that have large disproportionately female audiences. (C//NF)

Tonight's program is being brought to you by the American Central Intelligence Agency.

Funny you should mention this, I just saw a story online of an afghan women who had her nose cut off by her in-laws. Maybe the media blitz has already started?

Heres the story:
'Shaming' her in-laws costs 19 year old her nose, ears

[edit on 27-3-2010 by iamoverrated]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
haha that certainly sounds like the CIA talkin', it's odd for them to be so careless... But then again they've leaked before, they'll leak again.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

I hear you Zarp.

You do sound a little strange Mr. Truth. Then again, who am i to judge your character? to each his own. Saying that a CIA memorandum concerning spreading propaganda on local news (European news that is) is fine with you? haha, i wouldn't be very happy to hear this if this nonsense was happening on my local news station. From your post i come to two conclusions; either your playing around, or your the lowest piece on the chess set.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

So, hows the weather today over at Langley?

You must be new there if this is your job, trolling ATS with pro-CIA propaganda. Bet you can't wait until your next promotion.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by harrytuttle]

Did you even check my other posts before making this assumption? Obviously you have not seen my other posts or you would know exactly were I stand and with who I stand. So take a look and read up and learn something before you go making wild accusations.

Just because I think this country should have some secrets does not mean I work for them. But it is much easier just to attack is it not then actually talk about the issue. I wonder if you consider yourself a TROLL because that is exactly what you are. Nice try

Also back on topic it is wrong to play with national security at a time of war especially, and if laws were broken to get this info they should pay the ultimate of prices if you get my drift. We are at war whether you agree with it or not that really does not change the facts. And the need to know because of many reasons including arrogance does not outweigh the greater good.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Also back on topic it is wrong to play with national security at a time of war especially, and if laws were broken to get this info they should pay the ultimate of prices if you get my drift. We are at war whether you agree with it or not that really does not change the facts. And the need to know because of many reasons including arrogance does not outweigh the greater good.

I understand how you feel STtruth. I felt the same way when Dick Cheney outed Valerie Plame as a CIA asset and compromised the entire Iranian nuclear intelligence operation in Iran. Dick Cheney and who knows possibly Bush Jr should have paid the "ultimate price" for treason.

If you remember they were angry that Joe Wilson did not support the disinfo campaign during the run up to the Iraq invasion and decided to end his wife's career. It was also important for Dick to be in full control of the info coming from Iran.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
its really important that people know about this i live in Holland the netherlands and it seems people are finally are tired of being lied over and over again i hope other countries will follow the way and say no 2 america but i think most people are waking up the media just keeps denying it peace out

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
Well there you have it, the CIA foments war. Is there any wonder why they would be complicit in at least letting the 911 attacks happen?

[edit on 26-3-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

Uh, yeah... of course they do. How do you think this mess started in the middle east?

...../blah

It is our leaders (or the banksters or the military/industrial complex, take your pick) who have created the monsters and have control over them.

Cheers - Dave

That's what enables these people in the end money for compliance. The complete indoctrination into a military type command style. Where there are no rules for the guys at the top but the guys at the bottom have a million checks and obey orders like good Lao dogs. Its the same in the corporate world, the workers become the enablers for illegal actions and corruption. You allow the criminality.

This is why I could never be a cop, government agent, soldiger etc.
When peoples lives are at stake and people die from some foolish order or illegal action which I helped perticipate in. How could I live with that.

Do you honestly believe on judgement day the fact that you were just following orders is going to save you from what you did?

Sadly the answers no. And in fact its a choice no American ever has to make being that we have no draft. You chose to do that for a living and if you choose then
you are an enablers of evil. You are responsible.

I fully understand the big picture and the part I played. When I found out our company (where I was chief R&D engineer) was involved in external weapons deals, I quit. I have no trouble taking out terrorists (and I or my systems have come across far too many of them) but I will not engage in supplying psychopaths with weapons to further a patently evil agenda, directly or indirectly. BTW, in the beginning I was just an engineer and physicist creating defensive weapons systems, I had no idea I would be on borders making direct contact with targets and snipers who were always armed and generally carrying bombs or raw materials for bomb making.

You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet and you have to kill a few terrorists to save thousands of people, or maybe thousands to save millions. My job was to create weapons systems to stop the people who had nothing more on their minds other than killing soft targets. Their collective agenda was the promotion of terror and the advancement of Marxist terrorist organizations. Sometimes my involvement got personal due to the proximity to intruders, in any event I performed my functions with considerable success.

Since I believe there is no free will and we are simply actors in a four dimensional simulation of reality (and I have an excellent basis in physics theory for this hypothesis) I don't believe in a "judgment" per say. I am not an atheist, I just don't believe we have choices, we play a part that is immutable and "cast in granite" in the "plot" of this virtual reality.

Is anyone responsible? I don't think so because we all play our parts according to a cosmic script, the creation of which we neither control nor understand.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join