It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Strikes Back at CIA!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
I hate to say it but is this not what they get paid to do? And we blame them for the wars when they in truth have no control. Were does the buck stop? It stops at Obama the last time I checked blame him not them. They are doing their jobs and doing them well I give them a big thumb up.

I also have to wonder who is leaking this info? And when they catch them I do not want to see a trial wink wink. Why can we not even keep secrets anymore? We have real enemies who will view this as weakness and will try even harder to make us fall.

Disclosure is for fools. We need secrets and we should kill anyone who gives them away. Info like this could threaten all of us. Do you like to sleep without worries at night? Then wake up.

So, hows the weather today over at Langley?

You must be new there if this is your job, trolling ATS with pro-CIA propaganda. Bet you can't wait until your next promotion.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

The CIA may have done their part, but it was not their plan. JFK probably knew who's plans were being carried out, but I doubt the CIA does.

BTW - when I say "accepted" I am presuming by her allies, assuming their is such a thing anymore, now that the world is just a plaything for the transnational banking cartel.

I guess I am jaded but I don't find this revelation that outrageous.

This is the political/diplomatic paradigm; it is what "they" do. DO you honestly think the CIA is alone in this? Many country's do it, many corporations do it, even some cities do it. Planting stories and buying scripted "opinions" from celebrities is the mainstay of the effort. This is not news, although it is somewhat embarrassing for the CIA since the State Department is now going to have to "formally" respond to it.

This is the kind of thing that generates the now infamous "blow back" that strikes the citizens. It is the 'cause' for so many of our ills it's pathetic. Frankly it is on the heads of our representatives to stop (or at least control) it.

Secrets engender the peril of the republic. The more there are, the less control the citizens have. Secrets are for the weak who cannot adapt or overcome, they are the fuel of self-destruction. And they are the most addictive tool of the institutionalized technocrat, who use them to rationalize lying.

Don't ever lie and you won't need secrets. If you don't need secrets, you can achieve freedom. If you rely on secrecy, you will never be free.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

They are treating allies badly by manipulating and misleading them!! I think it's a disgrace that the word "truth" is part of your ATS name...you don't care about the truth!!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
hello all

Being 'in' with the frenchies, I can safely report that the only thing making decent conversation is the debate on '' L'identité nationale de la France''... and being a law student, that's the only important thing on everyone's agenda (lol).

Peace

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Why can we not even keep secrets anymore? We have real enemies who will view this as weakness and will try even harder to make us fall.

Disclosure is for fools. We need secrets and we should kill anyone who gives them away. Info like this could threaten all of us. Do you like to sleep without worries at night? Then wake up.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

Hello,
I need to be educated about the CIA, please.
1-Why do they exist, when we already have a National Security Association?
2-Why is the CIA operating outside the US borders?
3-Are you certain the CIA is working towards your best interests, if not, and if so, please explain?
4-Is the CIA part of the military industrial complex?
I'll ask more questions after I learn where your intel comes from, thank you in advance.

[edit on (3/26/1010 by loveguy]

[edit on (3/26/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I am mostly concerned that they use the position of POTUS to forward their internal objectives. I can imagine working for the CIA and your boss tells you to think out of the box to coax a population toward a certain gain. In theory it is a hypothetical report you put together based on some facts. They probably have a team that does this on a constant basis. The people producing these reports think they are developing hypothetical models unaware that they are being used by corporations controlled by black budget programs to shape public opinion.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well there you have it, the CIA foments war. Is there any wonder why they would be complicit in at least letting the 911 attacks happen?

[edit on 26-3-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is just pathetic, I mean I have heard of 'you cant lose if you play for both sides' but how the hell do you keep losing at a game were you control both sides, dam cia needs to play a game they can win like scramble or uno, bigest waste of $$ ever no wonder countries like japan and china have come from the iron age to surpass the us in lots of things, because they dont waste $ on pointless stuff that benefits only some crooks, I swear they watch to many spy movies these cia people they are starting to believe there own bull# they are the real conspiracy nut's. Epic Failure.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

If they are unaware that their hypothetical models are coming to fruition, then they must live in a cave with bin laden.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Did anyone notice the CIA Red Cell phone number on the righthand side of the first page of he brieffing?

This memo was prepared by
the CIA Red Cell, which has
been charged by the Director
of Intelligence with taking a
pronounced "out-of-the-box"
approach that will provoke
thought and offer an
alternative viewpoint on the
full range of analytic issues.
Comments and queries are
welcome and may be directed
to the CIA Red Cell at (703)
482-6918 / 482-0169 or
44462/50127, secure. (C)

I called the number and got a voicemail for "Bob". I thought this was kind of funny. It's a woman's voice that recorded the name "Bob" on the VM. I was too chicken s%^&t to leave a message. Anyone else want to try and get a response?

[edit on 3/26/2010 by pwrthtbe]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_of_3NKi
WTF?
A half minute after I posted that link to that document on my facebook wall, it disappeared from there but i didn't remove it

Ko3

We need to also find out who the internet "Cleaners" are. I have been noticing these things happen over the past year....usually within 24 hrs of my posting the info. Now, it's almost instant...see? I believe some of us must be "pegged".

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

They may actually be in the same cave as OBL.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

C'moooooon, you can't blame the CIA for being James Bond Fans !

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
"If today's apathy becomes tomorrow's opposition...we're here for you" - The CIA

Or how about..."Shaping Your Thoughts Since 1947" - The CIA

Maxmars I agree with your comments and like you I am not surprised at all. The only surprise is the leaked document which, by the way, most likely originated from a CIA analyst.

This document is not "Top Secret" or "Above Top Secret" it is merely "Confidential" and mundane in it's tone. It strikes me as a continuation of and not a radical departure from policy. As pointed out in "Manufacturing Consent" by Chomsky the propaganda model was based on the early American advertising industry.

I always appreciate the truth it's like a fresh bracing wind.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I note that this is a Red Cell document, which means they simply come up with this kind of stuff because of it being their job.
This thread reeks of ignorance of Intelligence Operations like usual with people making assumptions that this makes it obvious that the CIA is actually actioning this report.

Wiki Red Cell

Red Teams or Red Cells are U.S. government parlance for teams or units designed to test the effectiveness of U.S. tactics or personnel.

This is also known as wargaming, we have someone of our own test our current strategies and give an analysis of how effective things are. This one in particular is labelled as Confidential. Observe from this:

Wiki Confidential Classification

Confidential
Such material would cause "damage" or be "prejudicial" to national security if publicly available.

Please note how this one is low on the tier of classifications for this type of material. This "exposure" is not going to cause a big cover up to have it's cover blown, this whole thing is statistics taken from the internet and CIA analysts giving their opinion on things amongst the dozens of other opinions given on a particular item.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

I hate to say it but is this not what they get paid to do? And we blame them for the wars when they in truth have no control. Were does the buck stop? It stops at Obama the last time I checked blame him not them. They are doing their jobs and doing them well I give them a big thumb up.

I also have to wonder who is leaking this info? And when they catch them I do not want to see a trial wink wink. Why can we not even keep secrets anymore? We have real enemies who will view this as weakness and will try even harder to make us fall.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

Yes, let's manipulate our allies and kill people without trial...long live America!!

Are you friggin' serious?? Is this the country you want the US to be?? A manipulative dictatorship (which it would be if the law would be disregarded as you want...death penalties without trials, seriously messed up!!).

I am fairly certain that leaking national security information, of any kind, is classified as treason, a charge which carries the penalty of death. I am also fairly certain that the constitution outlaws treason. I think this country needs change. Leaking sensitive national security information is not the way to do it.

In regards to your comment about the manipulation of allies, most countries do just that. It has been going on for hundreds of years.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
While I agree that the document reads poorly -- meaning it sounds bad -- what do you really expect? Of course they have to try to bolster public support for the war -- our men, women, and children are over there fighting!!

Just because a person doesn't agree with why we went to war -- me included -- having our troops constantly read about and see on TV the public distaste for the war, and in turn lack of support for our troops, would be rather disheartening and potentially put our soldiers at risk.

It's not as easy as the soldiers saying, "OK...I'm fed up too. Let's just go home."

]b]This is war. Actual, real-life war.

I think some people, due to the Internet and constant coverage of Afghanistan, forget that this is not some video game that if enough people protest will be removed from the shelves!

Whether you agree with our troops being there or not, I'm sure we can agree on wanting to get them home safely.

I'm not saying I support the deceptive efforts of our collective governments, but I can understand the methodology.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Of course we want all the troops safely back home ; war is such a destructive thing

But surely the governement can be a bit less... how should i say this.. 'not-as-manipulating' ?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This is why the US Govt and others MUST control the internet, because they DO NOT have the control of the information as it is! Well too, bad!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
Well there you have it, the CIA foments war. Is there any wonder why they would be complicit in at least letting the 911 attacks happen?

[edit on 26-3-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

Uh, yeah... of course they do. How do you think this mess started in the middle east?

Saddam, in the Iran/Iraq war (which was promoted by the CIA) ran out of steam in 1988. Of course Saddam was our "friend" and would do what was "necessary" if we asked, right? So, the CIA stroked him and told him that he deserved to have Kuwait, it was his territory and he should take it back. The US state department got on board with the french and ADS and shipped Saddam a sh*tload of weapons, all US made! They traveled from the US to France and then down the coast of Africa by ship landing in South Africa for inspection. An ambassador in South Africa brokered the deal between ADS, two SA NP ministers, the US and Iraq. Of course what the US didn't count on at the time, was one of my "friends" got greedy and added G5 cannons to the order. Can you say "greater range and better accuracy that US cannons in a ground war." Sure, knew ya could. After the weapons were shipped, the US found that the G5's worked actually better for their plan as they could then go immediately into a full air war and got to test all those neat toys.

The initial Gulf war, Desert Storm, was about four things; soften Saddam up so they could eventually take him out to keep him quiet; lay the foundation for the corporatization and rape of Iraqi resources; to develop additional strategic locations in the middle east for eventual corporate expansion and to act as a buffer zone between Iran and Israel while getting closer to China; and of course to test all o' them new armaments.

This is the kind mess the CIA makes at the behest of the state department/executive branch. Ask John Stockwell (CIA in Angola helping to manage UNITA at the time and assisting the SADF with logistics on the MLA), he knows the drill, it was the same there as it was were I was located.

But out of fairness to the CIA, we all followed orders regardless of whichever alphabet company were our handlers. Ultimately responsibility for these actions lay with the leaders of the involved countries. It's easy to say, "No I wouldn't do the things they ask." It's a lot harder to say no in the field under fire in harm's way or if you've been backed into a corner and given no way out.

It is our leaders (or the banksters or the military/industrial complex, take your pick) who have created the monsters and have control over them.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join