It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Bloop": Could this be the Kraken or even Leviathan?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

that video is a marketing ad for the PS2 game called 'Shadow of the Colossus".
Very cool game where you have to slay various giants

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

This is the kind of stuff that helps me find reason for my natural fear of the ocean. Too damn big. Too easy to just be gone." Well he was just on his board a second ago." Never to be seen again. Screw that!

I too have a natural fear for the sea i always have, always wondered what it could be, is this common?

Even just reading this thread is giving me the chills, Yet im pretty fearless in every other aspect of my life

The sea is a no go zone for me

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I LOVE the Bloop. Probably the best site for info about it is at www.bloopwatch.org.... They also have some great .wav files of the actual audio:

without noise reduction

with noise reduction

Also, if you just go into Google Earth and search for "The Bloop," you will find someone has pinned the location in their database. (p.s. type in "Cthulhu" and it will take you to the same pin,
)

[edit on 27-3-2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Very interesting stuff to read. My best guess would be Manbearpig getting mad at us for warming the globe but who really knows. On a serious note. We really have no idea what is down there which is the exact reason I will not get deeper that to my waist when I wade in it.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I haven't seen that video before. Any more info on the find, anyone?

(BTW, i don't go in the ocean, either. The only natural body of water i enter is the Comal River, in New Braunfels, for the enjoyable 3 hour float).

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I am in LOVE with the Bloop! There have been several other wavelengths noaa has recorded, such as "Slow Down" (which is pretty spectacular as well). Who knows, this could simply be the Earth repositioning is inner parts, but it is very entertaining to play on the thought of there being a creature bigger than the largest mammal we already know! They even quoted that the noise resembled that of a living creature

But let's put the facts together - most of these ultra-low frequency occurences are basically located within the same area... Cthulu is awakening... Lovecraft was right all these years...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This is very interesting,but if it's a living creature it must have an area that it calls home. Something that large is would have a equally large hunting area.

It seems like it would also "sound-off" more than once in 12 years.

The U.S. Navy's SOund SUrveillance System (SOSUS) works on a certian layer that transmits sound. Whales use it that layer of ocean to communicate over vast areas. Maybe this creature avoids being noisy there.

Leviatian is described in detail in Job 41:1-34. It's too long to but here but you can read it at: en.wikipedia.org...
Job is a preflood book, then leviatan is mentioned again in modern times. He is picture of the devil. Some of the writings in Job and Isaiah are mostly symbolic, the other references seem to be of a real animal.

I thnk Cloverdales beast is a person that is possessed by a demon. He is part of the unholy trinity - Dragon, beast, and false prophet.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by fockewulf190
Sounds like it could have easily been the release of large gas bubbles escaping at those coordinates. May have been from underseas seismic activity since those coordinates appear to be close to major tectonic plates.

Plates

[edit on 26-3-2010 by fockewulf190]

not likely...scientists said that it shares many characteristics of a biological organism. this article talks about that, im not sure if its been posted here yet
www.damninteresting.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
i like to think its cthulhu for various reasons of my own.....

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
That is not dead which can eternal lie.

And with strange aeons even death may die.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

So yeah, I think the Bloop was just Cthulhu burping in his eternal sleep.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwantano

Very interesting, though I have heard of a similar story. An old friend of mine was running a deep sea fishing charter off of the southeastern coast of Florida, right around the Nassau area and trench. He has dove down to over 100 feet before in the trench and claimed to have found lobsters that were up to 4 feet long down there, as well as massive bluefin tuna which run the trench.

What is more important is the depth to size ration, in which he could tell me how big something was from the surface by knowing how far down it was; when I fished with him once he pointed out a hammerhead shark from the boat that looked maybe 3 feet long to me, but was actually close to 12 feet because it was so deep down it looked smaller. Anyway he said one day he was out trolling for Mahi Mahi about 8 miles off shore into the Atlantic and hit a spot with "more fish than he had ever seen in his life" in one spot on his fish finder. They trolled about an hour he said and caught a good 10 - 12 large Mahi Mahi and even a a very large strawberry grouper. To this day he claims it was the best trolling run he has ever had. Now onto the weird part.

After about an hour and half he said he noticed the fish began to dissappear from the finder and so he decided to look over the side to see if maybe porpose or another aqauatic predator showed up for a meal. When he looked over he saw what he said "looked like a manitee's body, but was well in excess of 30 feet in girth!! He said that he did not see the head, but knew it was not a whale from its shape, nor did he know of ANY species that was as wide as this. Now he had a 48 foot Mako tourny fisher hull and two 375 outboards so this was not a small boat, but he guesstimated that a good 4 or 5 of his boat could fit on just the WIDTH of this thing. He said besides the sheer size of it the only other thing he noticed was that it had no dorsal fins whatsoever and that for something as big as it was it made suprisingly very little noise of surface turbulence in the water, though it was a good 60 feet down he said.

This story always fascinated me as to this day I have yet to read about anything that size ever found, and I knew I could believe him because there were others who spoke of this Atlantic goliath. He never made a news story about it or even reported it, he just told other fisherman and locals about it and told them to keep there eyes out for it again to confirm his sighting.

He told me this a good 12 years ago and I haven't seen or spoken to him since, not quite sure if he is still alive. All I remember was asking him to scale its size for me so i had an idea of how big it was, and he said imagine a carnival cruise ship sailing under you at a depth of 60 feet. He also said it didn't scare him, more so it blew him away by it's sheer size.

Funny how the story of the Kraken claims that many fish surround it and that brave fishermen would fish over it because of the bounty of fish, yet here in real life a man has what he claims to be the best catch of his life and then sees a literal leviathan.

Oh and 8 miles out meant he was in about 1500 to 2000 feet depths. Anyone else heard of something like this?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

The ''bottomless pit'' is space.
It is not on Earth.
The sea has a bottom.
Space does not.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Very interesting, though I have heard of a similar story...

Very cool story. I have no experience with boating, fishing, etc. so all I'm doing is throwing out a few thoughts, but I would suggest two things:

1) Your friend was telling you a classic "fish story" about the "biggest one he ever saw."

2) Maybe your friend saw a large US (like an Ohio class) or Russian (Typhoon class) submarine and because of its depth mistook it for a living creature. The Typhoons are the largest submarines ever built.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

Well he was pretty serious about it when he told me, but the possibility he made it up is also just as plausable. As for it being a submarine, I think not as at 60 ft depth an Ohio class submarine would make quite a bit of noise top side and he would have seen the prop behind it. Also, fish tend to steer clear of subs as they are noisy and intrusive, not natural. This would be the same for a Russian Typhoon class as it is even bigger!

Here is where my reasoning comes from on this. You have this nightmare of a marine creature called a deep sea louse or mite. On land their relatives are less than a centimeter long and are known as "pillbugs" to us. Well these baddies get to be up to a foot in length and eat meat!

Here's the link,
Giant Sea Louse

So if it is that big from being that far down, imagine how big things can get! Who knows, maybe it is an enormous undescovered whale species.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Very interesting. I remember reading about it on cracked. And they were voting for Cthulhu too

Personally, I think since there's no known animal that would be this huge (therefore to be able to make such lound sound), Cthulhu, or Kraken, or Leviathan are as good guesses as any.
What bothers me is: what would such an enormous creature eat? Whales?

Originally posted by Mikemp44
So if it is that big from being that far down, imagine how big things can get! Who knows, maybe it is an enormous undescovered whale species.

Very unlikely. If it was any kind of whale, it would have to visit a surface to breathe.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by xiuhtecuhtli]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I have my Figures crossed for the Megalodon, or at least a good movie about the subject
So nothing on SyFy. Did anybody else get fooled into watching Megashark vs Mega Octopus?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
^^^^ Yes i unfortunately did. It was a very bad movie and the effects were awful. I didnt like it at all.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
In this interview an "expert" discusses giant squids, and he mentions the Bloop:

www.youtube.com...

reply to post by tektek2012

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

space has anti-matter,,and anti energy,, and higgs bosunn now,,

bosuns mate named Higgs i guess,, damn guy just blinks in and out lol

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
WHAT two GREAT monsters were bound by GOD himself,, too never meet,,
for if they should even he who made all things could not contain there voracious appetite too devour each other??

one was

Leviathan,,,the other,,,,

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join