It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian militants kill two IDF soldiers near Gaza border

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Palestinian militants kill two IDF soldiers near Gaza border

www.haaretz.com

Two Israel Defense Forces soldiers were killed Friday evening when a Palestinian explosive device detonated near the Kissufim crossing on the Gaza border, the IDF spokesperson confirmed.

Two more soldiers were wounded in the incident, one of whome is in serious condition.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
During the incident, IDF troops shot and killed two Palestinians near the Gaza security fence as they allegedly attempted to place an explosive device near the border.
Advertisement
According to the Palestinian news agencies, heavy crossfire was held between the IDF soldiers and the Palestinians near the Kissufim crossing east of Khan Yunis, during which the Palestinians were killed.

Hamas said its gunmen fired on Israeli soldiers who crossed into the Gaza Strip.

"An Israeli army force raided 500 metres (yards) into Palestinian territory, and was confronted by our gunmen," said Abu Obeida, spokesman for the Hamas armed wing. "This was our work, but was carried out for defense."

Witnesses said Friday's exchange of fire began when an explosion, possibly caused by a anti-armor rocket fired from the nearby Palestinian town of Khan Yunis, hit an Israeli army patrol on the central Gazan border.

Backed by tanks, the troops fired back at their assailants and entered Gazan territory, the witnesses said. Such pursuits are common practice for the Israelis, who try to maintain a buffer zone within the border fence off-limits to Palestinians.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

www.jpost.com...

Hamas claims responsibility to 'ambush' of IDF troops.

"This is a hard day for the State of Israel and for the Israel Defense Force," Netanyahu said.

Hamas said its gunmen fired on Israeli soldiers who crossed into the Gaza Strip.

Hamas spokesman Abu Obeida told Hamas radio that IDF forces "fell into an ambush" set by Hamas terrorists east of Khan Younis. He did not elaborate. He said IDF troops entered 500 meters into Gaza "but our men preempted them."

Backed by tanks, the troops fired back at their assailants and entered Gazan territory, the witnesses said. Such pursuits are common practice for the Israelis, who try to maintain a buffer zone within the border fence off-limits to Palestinian

"Hamas is accountable for any activity that takes place from Gaza to Israel. It doesn't matter if it took responsibility or not," an IDF spokeswoman told reporters in a briefing.

wow, today is a day for bad news!

Everyone is probably still reading the Korea thread and haven't noticed this one yet.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by john124]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

"This is a hard day for the State of Israel and for the Israel Defense Force," Netanyahu said.

Netanyahu is a big piece of BS
Hard day for Israel
They have created an apartheid

I'm pretty sure EVERYDAY is a hard day for Palestine and especially Gaza.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
obviously this is self defence, the israelis shouldn't have been there to begin with... stay on you're side of the playground... you build a wall around them, place watch towers, cut food and water supplies. and on top of that you go in their land and patrol...

F*** OFF and give me a break...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well, at least the two Palestinians died fighting for a just cause.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Congratulations to Hamas as the elected representative of the Palestinian people in defending said people from this incursion into Palestinian territory

Of course we'll see an air strike(s) on Gaza in the next day or so even tho the Israelis ventured into Palestinian territory

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Retrovertigo]

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Retrovertigo]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Netanyahu is a big piece of BS
Hard day for Israel

LOL. I agree, netanyahu is full of sh*t. Israel are looking for trouble if they enter gazan territory.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Sporadic gunfire along Gaza border after 2 IDF soldiers killed in clashes (Channel 10)

Source

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You guys are sick..

Whats the point of picking sides???
Both sides are wrong!!

Every one who pickes up a gun in order to kill is an idiot!

The Hamas is just as bad as the Israeli goverment.

None of the sides are right doing this.

So go ahead, keep justifing the murder of people, innocent or not.
Let this situation continue for another 60 years.

I think these days its IN to hate Israel.
Not that I love my country so much, I didnt join IDF for a reason.
I dont support what my country is doing, but what I hate is to see people die, palestinians or israeli, it does not matter - People are people, and when they die I feel sad.

So keep congratulating murderes.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
More tit for tat crap.

Tit for tat...the 8 year olds in a school yard way.
Isn't it so sad and frustrating to see that when such behaviour exists in adults,it so often leads to deaths and even wars.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Speaking of tit for tat, isn't there a standing Israeli policy of killing 1,000 Palestinians for every Israeli they kill?

Or was that my imagination?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The Israelis wall them in then go walkabout in the territory they deem suitable and appropriate for the Palestinians. What do you expect?

When all freedom is withdrawn and you live like cattle behind a wall your right to harm your persecutor is a moral right.

For those that say its tit-for-tat stop being hypocritical. Theres only one race in prison.

Respects

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Speaking of tit for tat, isn't there a standing Israeli policy of killing 1,000 Palestinians for every Israeli they kill?

And even a mod jumps in now to play tit for tat and dog pile on Israel.

Maybe we should keep count now now see if the 1000 figure is real or just more only pro-palestinian (actually so-called palestinian) BS.

The poster that called it both sides acting like 8 year olds said it best.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by freebourn
Whats the point of picking sides???
Both sides are wrong!!

I understand your point and see where you are coming from
However I don't think you see where gazans are coming from
I can only attempt to and that's what I do

If Palestine created an apartheid on Israel and kept attacking them then yes palestine would be wrong.

Of course there will always be people frustrated trying to be rebellious against oppression.

I think these days its IN to hate Israel.

It has nothing to do with what's IN or out
Oppression is wrong and will always be wrong

You can't say that disliking a state that creates apartheids, the killings of innocent civilians, assassinating doctors, blockading all forms of medical help during a conflict and usage of white phosphorus is simply just the IN thing to do.

That is just trying to deflect blame instead of where it belongs.

You are basically saying the hatred of senseless murder is the IN thing to do.

Take this for example, imagine if we didn't condemn this behavior
Israel already barely holds back despite criticism from the international community, imagine if there was none!!!!

Probably of all palestine would be dead by now.

Not that I love my country so much, I didnt join IDF for a reason.
I dont support what my country is doing, but what I hate is to see people die, palestinians or israeli, it does not matter - People are people, and when they die I feel sad.

So keep congratulating murderes.

I understand your frustration
But imagine if Palestine was doing this to Isreal
If that was the case you would not say what you are saying now

You can't expect anyone to just sit there and accept oppression
I do not advocate murder however if nobody on this planet accepted oppression we would be living in a much better planet!

[edit on 26-3-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Maxmars

And even a mod jumps in now to play tit for tat and dog pile on Israel.

Maybe we should keep count now now see if the 1000 figure is real or just more only pro-palestinian (actually so-called palestinian) BS.

The poster that called it both sides acting like 8 year olds said it best.

You haven't answered the question; I can't remember if it was or was not officially asserted by the Israeli government (or one of her representatives).

I understand your inclination to characterize the question as some kind of judgment against Israel, it is to be expected that some people (you, for example) would be so inclined.

If I am wrong - this is your opportunity to tell me so. If I am recalling the assertion correctly, it would be honorable to affirm it.

Either way, I was looking for an answer. Only you are responsible for whatever perceptions you are trying to cast upon me.

Just because I serve as a Moderator doesn't mean I know everything.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Maxmars, while you may not have intended to come accross with the tone of anti Isreal, that is exactly how I recieved your statement. Which is fine I think, unless you are a Mod...or is it? I don't know, but it deffinately got my attention that a Mod would make a statement that I took as being inflamatory.
Now, however, I am also very ignorant, and if in the rest of the world its common speak that isreal responds a thousand fold, I guess I'm learning, slowly, but learning.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The crux of the matter is:-

1. the killings had happened. How are the palestinians and israelis to solve further killings?

With more killings? Is that what you bunch want? Can murder be justified if i wandered into my neighbour's gate, not even entering it, and he shot me dead? Is this what you will tell to my kids?

Why....why...need the hatred be so deep?....is there no chance to live and let live, compromise, sit together on the table and find pragmatic solutions?

Aparthied can and had ended in Africa. I had read many conceivable books from both sides, not that I am a genius or anything just a rational mind, visited the lands not on guided tours, talk and shared great hospitalibiity from all.

Why cant you and I sit down and find solutions, instead of killing one another?

I am not a jew or or a muslim, but both are my brothers and fellow humans sharing this planet, our only home now. We are one race - the human race....

[edit on 26-3-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
reply to post by Maxmars

Maxmars, while you may not have intended to come accross with the tone of anti Isreal, that is exactly how I recieved your statement. Which is fine I think, unless you are a Mod...or is it? I don't know, but it deffinately got my attention that a Mod would make a statement that I took as being inflamatory.
Now, however, I am also very ignorant, and if in the rest of the world its common speak that isreal responds a thousand fold, I guess I'm learning, slowly, but learning.

Max is in this thread as poster, not as a mod...

Mods cant moderate in threads they've posted in...Thusly, there is no conflict here and Max is free to post whatever views he likes...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
reply to post by Maxmars

Well, certainly no offense was intended, and I don't really feel that my opinions are particularly more relevant than yours or anyone's. I merely ask because I thought that had such a 'pledge' been made, we are soon to endure another round of bloodbaths in the middle-east.

I hope someone does remember who it was (or wasn't) that said that (or not) because I really think that it merits noting, if in fact it was said. I am certain someone around here once 'claimed' it was said, and I am not as disposed to see such information regarding Israel as an 'automatic' lie.

I imagine I could have asked the question differently, but I still feel would have angered those who are predisposed to defensiveness regarding Israel.

Fortunately, here at ATS, calmer heads usually stand a better chance to prevail and I can simply find out the truth from one of our members.

While there is no reason to hold my judgment with any extraordinary regard I would suggest that if your knee-jerk reaction to all criticisms of Israel is to cry out 'bias' you may need to reconsider your own perspective, or at least acknowledge that there is an element that transcends reason in your outlook - especially in light of the fact that there is a government in Israel that represents Israeli's in pretty much the same manner as the US government represents Americans... which is to say 'ostensibly.'

All criticisms are not attacks, and all concessions are not praises.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Maxmars]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join