It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found an old book...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
that's not old, I have a book on parapsychology from 1908.

Seems like a nice book though.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It seems like the open pages shown describe the different columns found in the 5 "orders of architecture"

www.cmhpf.org...

I think the circle symbolizes the order, so where you see the circle, read "order." Perhaps the first paragraph can be translated as:

"The Tuscan is the most simple and solid of the orders. It was Invented in Tuscany whence it derives its name. Its column is several diameters high and its capital, base and balusture have but few mouldings. The simplicity of the construction of this column renders it eligible where ornament would be superfluous"

very nice stuff, thanks for posting S & F

PEACE,
RK

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Rigel Kent]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
"The Tuscan is the most simple and solid (something something) It was invented in Tuscany whence it derives its name..."

Lecture of the 2nd degree of Freemasonry

The Tuscan Order is the simplest and most solid, and is placed first in the list of the five Orders of Architecture on account of its plainness. Its column is seven diameters high; the base, capital, and entablature have but few mouldings, and no other ornaments. Whence it has been compared to a sturdy labourer dressed in homely apparel. This Order is no other than the Doric, more simplified or deprived of its ornaments to suit certain purposes; and adapted by the inhabitants of Tuscany, who were a colony of the Dorians. Yet there is a peculiar beauty in its simplicity, which adds to its value, and renders it fit to be used in structures where the rich and more delicate Orders might be deemed superfluous

A little wordier, but you definately got the jist right.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I kinda looks like Shorthand. Probably not used much anymore. Maybe you can find a Shorthand book and translate.
Cool find.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I am curious if anyone knows what type of books these are - from my research it sounds as if they are Masonic - if so, I need to return them - looking for assistance please.

reply to post by mutantgenius

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I also have one of these books from 1976 only the Indiana version. A lot of the symbols in this book arent found in 1337 speak, any other place to look?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join