It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for Americans on the subject of racism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

Being a good looking blonde-haired, blue-eyed, male. and considering the fact i grew up inside Detroit, as well as being adopted into a loving yet JEWISH family, shortly after my birth, i feel extremely qualified to have an opinion about all forms of racism. ..

I've been of the opinion that when i refer to other "people" i call them "humans" but when i refer to Jewish people [non bankers] i call them family..

it seems to me we all want to belong to a "club" or gang, gaggle or troop of one form or another no matter which ethnicity we came from.. or which one we choose to belong to..
I personally know of a family who claims US American Indian Status, even though genetically their ancestors came from slaves and slave-owners, they told me they just didn't feel like they belonged with their neighboring "blacks" or their down the street "whites" so they went their own way, and found a peace of mind and camaraderie in the local indian tribe, who took them in as equals..

I find that when i'm out with new work buddys, or meeting people for the first time, or even reading posts on ATS, the word JEW comes up. in a derogatory fashion, many times before i feel compelled to show my 'colors' if you will,, and most people are frightened and embarrassed that they let a little slip of the tongue fly,, possibly giving away their own position or "club" status, and putting themselves "exposed" in the process..

I can slide right in with Skin-heads,,[maybe i have.] and no one knows I claim a status any different then theirs.. untill i let them know..
[one guy REALLY asked me about my horns, thet he swears JEWS have on their heads, under the skullcap..]

All i understand is that the name calling, and pointing the fingers of All humans will never stop... we can joke about it and learn to accept all of us and the other types of humans but it will always be there.. My lovely wife keeps yelling at the TV about how UGLY this person is or how FAT that actor became.. or how dumb Americans really are, to think any other human is any different then ourselves...

BUT THEN SHE IS A GIRL LOL......

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

On a congenial note, I do very much like your signature " NO GOD - NO MASTER"...at my last job, that I just quit a couple weeks ago, I used actually to call that saying out - along with a bunch of other irrelevant cultural chunks - over the intercom at work...I think one time the riff ran "no god no master no name no slogan no class no job no hope no prospects no future no reason to live" (all of which was just showbiz, of course, I meant only to amuse/annoy the co-workers)...ahh, good times...

[edit on 27-3-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

some of my finest writing. and nobody reads it... BOO HOOOO

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

more then this needs to read this.

another thread not to miss

top topics

<< 1   >>