It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trust Glenn Beck even though he believes all this!? Pawn of the LDS church? Fulfilling Prophecy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I have been analyzing Glenn Beck and his platform, as he is a self confessed, devout Mormon, a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. Everything he says also seems to align with the LDS Church's plan to control the United States and bring about the end times via this prophecy by the founder, Joseph Smith.

LDS attachment to the Constitution has been further encouraged by an important oral tradition deriving from a statement attributed to Joseph Smith, according to which the Constitution would "hang by a thread" and be rescued, if at all, only with the help of the Saints. Church President John Taylor seemed to go further when he prophesied, "When the people shall have torn to shreds the Constitution of the United States the Elders of Israel will be found holding it up to the nations of the earth and proclaiming liberty and equal rights to all men" (JD 21:8). To defend the principles of the Constitution under circumstances where the "iniquity," or moral decay, of the people has torn it to shreds might well require wisdom at least equal to that of the men raised up to found it. In particular, it would require great insight into the relationship between freedom and virtue in a political embodiment of moral agency. (Encyclopedia of Mormonism, Vol.1, 1992)

Glenn Beck also supposedly believes wholeheartedly in the following teachings from the Mormon Church.

* God was once a man like us.
* God has a tangible body of flesh and bone.
* God lives on a planet near the star Kolob.
* God ("Heavenly Father") has at least one wife, our "Mother in Heaven," but she is so holy that we are not to discuss her nor pray to her.
* Jesus was married.
* We can become like God and rule over our own universe.
* There are many gods, ruling over their own worlds.
* Jesus and Satan ("Lucifer") are brothers, and they are our brothers - we are all spirit children of Heavenly Father
* Jesus Christ was conceived by God the Father by having sex with Mary, who was temporarily his wife.
* We should not pray to Jesus, nor try to feel a personal relationship with him.
* The "Lord" ("Jehovah") in the Old Testament is the being named Jesus in the New Testament, but different from "God the Father" ("Elohim").
* In the highest degree of the celestial kingdom some men will have more than one wife.
* Before coming to this earth we lived as spirits in a "pre-existence", during which we were tested; our position in this life (whether born to Mormons or savages, or in America or Africa) is our reward or punishment for our obedience in that life.
* Dark skin is a curse from God, the result of our sin, or the sin of our ancestors. If sufficiently righteous, a dark-skinned person will become light-skinned.
* The Garden of Eden was in Missouri. All humanity before the Great Flood lived in the western hemisphere. The Ark transported Noah and the other survivors to the eastern hemisphere.
* Not only will human beings be resurrected to eternal life, but also all animals - everything that has ever lived on earth - will be resurrected and dwell in heaven.
* Christ will not return to earth in any year that has seen a rainbow.
* Mormons should avoid traveling on water, since Satan rules the waters.
* The sun receives its light from the star Kolob.
* If a Gentile becomes Mormon, the Holy Ghost actually purges his Gentile blood and replaces it with Israelite blood.
* A righteous Mormon will actually see the face of God in the Mormon temple.
* You can identify a false angel by the color of his hair, or by offering to shake his hand.
* That Joseph Smith re-established the true church on earth and if he had not written the Book of Mormon then there would have been no salvation for anyone.
* Mormons baptize the dead. (including Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun)
* Mormons wear sacred underwear to protect themselves from evil.

SOURCE: www.exmormon.org...
SOURCE: www.carm.org...
SOURCE: nowscape.com...

Here are a couple of videos that contain Glenn Beck confessing to being Mormon.

Excerpts From “The Mormon Conspiracy”

* It is estimated that the assets of the Mormon Church have increased from about $15 billion in 1983 to over 50 billion in 2008.

* Over sixty thousand fully-trained, adequately financed and prepared Mormon missionaries are serving in all parts of the United States and in over 124 countries around the world.

* Because young Mormon men have served in and studied the languages of foreign countries throughout the world, large numbers of them have been hired by the federal Central Intelligence Agency and therefore are in control of a significant amount of CIA activities.

* Many Mormon men have been hired by the FBI, a preponderance when considering their proportion to the percentage of the population.

* A top leader of the Mormon Church has stated: “When our leaders speak the thinking has been done. When they propose a plan--it is God’s plan. When they point the way, there is no other way that is safe. When they give direction, it should mark the end of controversy.”

SOURCE: www.mormonconspiracy.com...

Could Glenn Beck be more or less a "pawn" of the LDS Church, with his allegiances lying with the Mormon church rather then the United States? Glenn Beck's religious beliefs appear to be a major part of his life. What he discusses on his program seems to line up with the prophecy of the fall of our nation and the rights of the constitution and the LDS church's duty to rescue our country. Is he using his program as a platform to fulfill the prophecy, create a divide in our nation, and help the "white horse" of the Mormon church ride in to "save" the American people? Will the tea party movement be the vehicle in creating this rift?

With all that, would you risk trusting Glenn Beck? Could he purposefully be trying to bring about the End Time prophecy of Joseph Smith by provoking his viewers with sensationalism? Is that not similar to a Muslims trying to bring about the apocalypse so that the prophet will return? Is it possible that he is an agent of the church and the end game means funneling control of our country over to the LDS Mormon Church and their Prophet Leader?

[edit on 26-3-2010 by DJM8507]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
since they believe god is from a star do you think joseph smith was in contact with an alien race...or else where would he get info like that...i certainly believe that the egyptians knew about aliens...maybe they come along every now and then to stir stuff up on this boring planet

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

Yeah....Glenn had NO crediblity anyway, this just cements it. Or, should cement it in people's minds.

The boys over in (at) "South Park" nailed the LDS 'church' quite well, some years back.

For those who haven't seen it:

www.southparkstudios.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Wait... so now we are grilling Beck because of his religion?

My how far we have come. That whole deal about the Constitution being threatened... well when you base somebodies credibility off of their religion, it sort of puts shame to the whole "Freedom of Religion" thing doesn't it. Oh you can worship how you want, but we sure as hell are going to chastise you for it.

The Latter Day Saints are no better than any other religion. They are out to push their agenda and make a lot of money. Which means that JUST LIKE ANY OTHER RELIGION there are going to be people that are sucked into it.

Some of the things the Mormons do are wacky to most of us, but some of their teachings are quite good as well. I can understand the denouncement of their political and financial schemes since they might hurt people, but denouncing them because their beliefs and ideals are different than what YOURS are? Please. Don't even try to defend the Constitution if you can't be willing to accept others based on religion.

The hate for Beck is seriously out of control. It is like people are trying to discredit him completely and I have yet to see a good reason as to why. Does he exaggerate his claims? Yes. But does he wake thousands upon thousands of people up to the corruption in the states? YES!

Beck has single handedly done to thousands of people what most people on ATS strive to do for their entire lives - wake more people up to the truth. And of course there are going to be those people out there that follow his word religiously and don't take the time to think for themselves... but for everyone person like that there is another person that WILL investigate for themselves, that WILL think for themselves, and that WILL speak up for themselves.

Frankly, the fact that he exaggerates and is a Mormon, oh AND he makes money, can't forget that, I think it nowhere near makes up for the actual effect he has on the public.

People will just hate for hate's sake I suppose.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You know, even if Beck was an atheist, I would still enjoy his broadcasts.
At least he is showing people the corruption in D.C.
I dont care if the man is white, black, gay, straight, mormon, muslim or catholic.
He still gets the word out.
Who said you are supposed to trust anything or anybody you see on TV?
You take what you see and make your own decisions. Thats what I do...
Is it really that hard?

BIG GOVERNMENT IS WRONG.
We need to get back to our roots, We the People!
We dont need gov't interfering with our everyday lives.
For some reason, some people still think we do.
I dont get it.
I surely dont need my gov't ordering me to pay a fine for NOT signing up for their form of healthcare.

Oh yeah and if this new HC reform is so good, why are all the politicians in D.C. exempt?

Riddle me this.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

* The Garden of Eden was in Missouri.

What?
Really?

- Lee

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

gwydionblack......very well said and kudos to you.

I personally think the LDS church is a out there quite a bit. But that is their deal. Who am I to say they are right or wrong?
However, Glenn is spot on and uses common snese. I started getting into Glenn when I realized he was seeing and saying the things that I was also seeing and getting concerned about. Glenn is a Patriot, plain and simple. Is he making some money along the way? Sure, but hey this is America. But Glenn also gives back too.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Beck is another one that is hard to watch at times, but he is putting information out there that others wont dare.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

The hate for Beck is seriously out of control. It is like people are trying to discredit him completely and I have yet to see a good reason as to why. Does he exaggerate his claims? Yes. But does he wake thousands upon thousands of people up to the corruption in the states? YES!

I don't understand it either, he is just talking about things that have been discussed on this forum.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Glenn Beck ( or Blech as I prefer) is nothing but a plagoriser. Just about every good idea he and Rush put out in their shows was stolen from Micheal Savage. Idea after idea they spout is either the RNC party line or something Savage spoke about days or weeks before.

Their hosts, emcees, nothing more than a face in the camera. They are no more a political thinker than Katie Couric is a journalist.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I think the hate spewed against Beck is totally unfounded. My girlfriend is a Liberal and she likes Glenn Beck. Is he over the top? Yes. But he is waking people up. Teaching people about the importance of the Constitution and how we should learn our history and celebrate it rather than try to change it and denigrate it.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The winningest contestant ever on Jeopardy! was Ken Jennings, A MORMON!!!!!!#$%@!%@!%#@%^#$^#

There must be a Jeopardy!/ Mormon connection as well.

I really can't understand the hate that people spew about Beck. Sure, he's whacky and over the top but for God's sake he just talks about what we've been talking about for freaking years.

Fed's bad
America is being taken over
Lots of Government power is a bad thing
They're trying to divide and conquer us, don't fall for it
Rockafellers are bad
There's a ton of symbology around TPTB

I mean, these are ALL things he has talked about....

Oh yeah
He also said that people should be honorable and stick to their word, be forthright and don't make backroom deals. Screw us from the front at least.

I mean, that's such a horrible thing to say...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

So what is your point? That you can write off Glenn Beck without looking at the facts and evidence supporting his position? Or that you can assume if Glenn Beck says it its wrong? Ridiculous. I can have him read off all your posts and then you'll be discredited by your own measure if that is the case! Because after all if Beck says it it is wrong, right? Isn't that your point? Or is your point that we should ignore Beck? And again you're wrong, because you still have got to go by the facts rather than the person presenting them.

And if your point is that we shouldn't be watching the Glenn Beck show... I doubt anybody on ATS watches him in the first place except when they are looking to be entertained. And as Beck says, he is an entertainer, not an encyclopedia of knowledge. In fact, he regularly tells his audience they'd be stupid to take his word for anything. So there you have it.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by indianajoe77
Glenn Beck ( or Blech as I prefer) is nothing but a plagoriser.

But the question remains.

Why do (or anyone else) you care?
He still remains on TV telling people what's going on.
That is the main point here.

Everything I researched is in accordance with what he said.
Savage is a good man, too. But I only hear him on the radio.

Plagiarism aside, the man gets the word out.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Plagiarism aside? I think that someone who plagarise ideas and puts them out there as their own calls into question the personal ethics of a person. If a person is unethical in one aspect of their lives, it is likely they are unethical in other areas.

What I'm saying is that his being unethical will lead to disclosures that will discredit him, calling into question everything he's said (therefore hurting the credibility of "the word" he puts out).

Let's not be naive, the media would tear into him (and his stolen ideas) just on the basis of his unethical behavior.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by indianajoe77
reply to post by havok

Plagiarism aside? I think that someone who plagarise ideas and puts them out there as their own calls into question the personal ethics of a person. If a person is unethical in one aspect of their lives, it is likely they are unethical in other areas.

What I'm saying is that his being unethical will lead to disclosures that will discredit him, calling into question everything he's said (therefore hurting the credibility of "the word" he puts out).

Let's not be naive, the media would tear into him (and his stolen ideas) just on the basis of his unethical behavior.

Valid point.
When I said, "plagiarism aside" I meant, "looking beyond that."
I agree that there are things that will discredit him, but until those days come, I enjoy his entertainment.
Just as long as it remains along the lines of awareness.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
And the nail to Beck's hammer....MITT ROMNEY!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

Wait... so now we are grilling Beck because of his religion?

Oh, Moroni humbug.

Hey, you know what? There are good Mormons and bad Mormons. We need to be the first ones in the recruitment office lining up to shoot the bad Mormons in the head.

And just to make sure that nobody has any fun, the Mormon church says that Mormons should avoid traveling on water, dark-skinned people are cursed, you can't drink tea or coffee, buy lottery tickets, eat chocolate, and shop on Sunday. Damn it, not Shop Day!

Say what you will about religious tolerance, but anybody that tells me I can't pray to Jesus, women need husbands to get into heaven, and I need to wear special underwear to avoid evil, you're an extremist.

-----

Note: Everything above was said by Glenn Beck regarding Muslims and the Islamic faith. I switched Muslim for Mormon and their beliefs for those attributed to his faith.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

As time passes this appears to be a plausible theory

I have watched him and have never seen a more dramatic program quasi billed as news.

I seem clear he is trying to incite something

Just like Iraq the Janky Red's will follow

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Janky Red]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join