It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Healthcare Reform a boon to Indian outsourcing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well the first of the "unforseen" consequences pops up. The outsourcing of American jobs. While some of the jobs are not eligible to be outsourced due to regulation, the rest are fueling the Mumbai economy and workforce. Is that this administration's new mantra? " Help the world at the expense of the American people."? Or is this just another attempt to redistribute the wealth?

[edit on 26-3-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Here's a quote from your source:

Companies like his will see “increased opportunities” as US health insurers and hospitals scramble to reorganize to comply with the new law, he wrote in an email to the Monitor.

This extra work will include processing new enrollments, organizing bigger member databases, processing more claims, providing more support services, and managing more revenue, he says.

In particular, outsourcers can expect to benefit from insurers’ need to minimize administrative costs, Mr. Mukerji says, citing a recent Deloitte Center for Health Solutions study showing that up to 41 percent of the cost of a health plan is administrative.

This is just grand. So the new healthcare bill WILL actually create new jobs, the majority will just be in other countries. I thought the offshoring of American jobs was one of the items that Obama campaigned against?

Yep, that's going to boost the U.S. economy all right.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I did customer service for about a year, now I have patience and respect when I speak to those service representatives from another country. However, I still think we need to keep jobs at home. Once our government has turned the USA into a third world country, we will get those jobs back along with all the other tech jobs we paid top dollar to learn here and can't find employment for.

join