It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korean navy ship sinks, North link played down

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
OK, now they are back to saying the cause of the hole is unknown. This is nuts. They have the sailors now, so they must not know. They are saying they fired at a flock of birds the night before. Sounds like they are pretty edgy. People that nervous make mistakes.

The problem here is the quality of news reporting. Reuters keeps changing their text and so do the others.

This sort of wild speculation is dangerous. Since they started trying to keep up with the internet we seem to be getting to many of these stories that change almost by the minute.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by smurfy

I read the Guardian article also. It seems to be one of the sources jumping the gun based on speculation. Is that normal for the Guardian? I noticed the more reputable sources were holding off until they had facts.

I was surfing the cable news channels and wondered why there was no story and then I ran into an update that gave the facts from S. Korea. It was a weapons systems malfunction on board the ship.

I'd imagine it was all guesses until they had rescued the crew that knew what happened.

Why do you keep referring to the cover story as "facts"? Are you really that gullible?

THINK about it. You never know what the facts are. All you know is what they tell you. And so far they've told us:

1) It was a NK torpedo
2) SK ships fired on NK ships in response
3) It was an accidental grounding
4) SK ships fired on a flock of birds
5) It was an self inflicted munitions accident resulting in total catastrophe.

So you take all those stories and think about it. Put it into historical and current contexts.

The only sound conclusion is that it was a real attack by NK on SK, but that right now the USA/UN doesn't want to get involved in a potential nuclear war with North Korea, so they create the cover stories in an attempt to diffuse and deescalate the situation.

Facts? Really? Wake up.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
We all know that NK and Iran work together on nuclear tech, and have been essentially allied together since being branded part of the "Axis of Evil". I wonder if Iran have asked NK to provide a distraction to take some of the US focus off the Gulf area? I've been wondering for some time if NK and Iran would help each other out if an attack seemed imminent.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by boondock-saint

Well, yes and no. The war games in South Korea ended 6 days ago, but check out this quote from the L.A. Times on March 9:

North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency on Monday released a statement calling the drill an "undisguised adventurous saber-rattling [that] is creating such [a] tense situation on the Korean peninsula that a war may break out any time."

(emphasis is mine)

Very good catch boondock-saint. It fits into the theory that this was a real attack by NK, but that the NWO wants it covered up because they don't want a war with NK right now.

No it doesn't.. NK says that war is coming every day, nothing new here.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I thought the guardian was being responsible enough in that report of an hour or so ago, it does not confirm anything, also the BBC textnews has a different take on it in saying that they are waiting for Dawn for a divers inspection, so everything is as clear as mud so far.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
You realize America would have no problem winning a war against North Korea? the only reason we don't is because South Korea would be targetted not the US, N-Korea's nukes can't come close to hitting the US. They'd bomb S-Korea and Japan.

As another poster stated earlier if the US went all out it'd be S-Korea who would suffer and we'd lose a close ally in Asia. N-Korea's Armies would crumble in a matter of weeks/months with America blocking off it's imports/supplies they'd starve to death.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Gakus]

I wouldn't consider nuclear bombs exploding in Seoul and Tokyo as a "win" against North Korea. Not to mention, if NK successfully hit our 40,000 troops stationed in SK with a nuke, that wouldn't exactly be considered a "win" for the USA.

Sure, NK would end up a big field of glass at the end of the day, but losing 40,000 troops and multiple ally cities isn't a desirable outcome under anyone's watch.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Seems like North Korea just got their own back for the patrol boat that was shelled into a smoking hulk a few months back.

Of course we have the usual loons squeaking about false flag operations, and doubtless someone will *prove* the torpedo was actually a Mk.48ADCAP launched by the USS XYZ.

But it looks like the North Koreans did it again, not so much a Gulf of Tonkin repeat as a USS Pueblo repeat.

PS - the South Koreans will do NOTHING militarily, you can count on it.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Agreed. Any war against North Korea would in the end be a pyrrhic victory.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

there is only 28,500 US troops in south korea... though north korea's thetoric hasnt changed much, i dont think you can dispute that its not going to happen, cause it is, its simply a matter of time...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Weapon used was a Type 53-65KE torpedo launched from a Shershen class torpedo boat.

Torpedo is wake homing, hence the stern impact point.

Don't ask me how I know

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

The South needs to finally get the cahones to kick the US out. Why is the US allowed to stay there, dictating South Korean policy? As you said, they are the same people, screwed by the US and Russia

[edit on 26-3-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

In that case i'll just dismiss what you said as mere speculation.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
The South needs to finally get the cahones to kick the US out. Why is the US allowed to stay there, dictating South Korean policy? They are the same people, screwed by the US and Russia

So North Korea launches an unprovoked attack on their brothers in the South, killing countless naval crewmen in the process, and somehow you still manage to make the US the bad guys for turning the South into a happy, prosperous nation.

Typical ATS fare, just typical. If you can't categorically blame the US, then blame them indirectly, and if you can't do that, just bad mouth them for even being in the neighborhood.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

The South needs to finally get the cahones to kick the US out. Why is the US allowed to stay there, dictating South Korean policy? As you said, they are the same people, screwed by the US and Russia

[edit on 26-3-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

This is ++++++++ star 100%.
Can you understand people are sitting right now, in this moment infront of their pc here on ats and wishing they go to war..feeling THEY have been violated somehow.
Brainwashed from birth!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Is that so?

Well you seem to know more than the news outlets.

Please tell us more.....

[edit on 26/3/10 by Kram09]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

The South needs to finally get the cahones to kick the US out. Why is the US allowed to stay there, dictating South Korean policy? They are the same people, screwed by the US and Russia

So North Korea launches an unprovoked attack on their brothers in the South, killing countless naval crewmen in the process, and somehow you still manage to make the US the bad guys for turning the South into a happy, prosperous nation.

Typical ATS fare, just typical. If you can't categorically blame the US, then blame them indirectly, and if you can't do that, just bad mouth them for even being in the neighborhood.

Is it not common to present EVIDENCE for this serious accusations (even more when circumstances are like NK-SK?)! Right now there are many possibilities even the involved nations are looking at it and NOT stated it is an attack of any sort!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gusan

Is it not common to present EVIDENCE for this serious accusations (even more when circumstances are like NK-SK?)! Right now there are many possibilities even the involved nations are looking at it and NOT stated it is an attack of any sort!

Evidence:

1. A South Korean navy ship suffered a catastrophic explosion in her stern, and sank killing a number of crew members.

2. A second SK warship fired on a retreating NK warship.

3. The incident occurred in disputed waters.

4. There has been conflict in those same waters previously.

I'm fairly certain where this is heading even if you're not.

But I note with expectant resignation that you completely ignore the 20 or so posts calling this a false flag operation - at least try and be consistent in your demands for *evidence*.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Retseh]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
reply to post by Kram09

But if I said it was a US submarine that fired the shot you'd doubtless swallow it whole.

This is out of the question; because if so it would have a MASSIVE propaganda machinery working for their purpose behind it, no place for doubts here. To make the US population feel threatened...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gusan

You deserve more than one star for that neat summation

Yes, war-lusting Americans salivating at the thought of another war,
as long as it's 'over there' somewhere ... as long as they can 'enjoy' it from the comfort of their lazy-boys whilst stuffing pizza and typing orgasmically in 'safe' bunkers, i.e., forums

I'm waiting for the hits to be on US soil

Wanna see if they enjoy it as much then --- these people who support that murderous little faux-State in the Mid East -- these people who have a dummy-spit at the mere thought of contributing a few cents to someone else's health-care, yet believe 'someone' should fund their half million dollar heart surgery when they need it

Now, let's return to the channel, where fat boys in momma's basement get to play armchair experts

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
MOST LIKELY FALSE FLAG.

Don't fall for this people.

Wake the hell up!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join