It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korean navy ship sinks, North link played down

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

This story at the Guardian was at 19.30 GMT, It still says things are unclear,

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
disappointment!!

Now, how many here will take a look inside and find they are now really disappointed?
Take a look!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
OK, its now reported as a mishap on-board the ship. A weapons system malfunction of some kind. The wild speculation was wrong.

This shows how important it is to wait until the real story surfaces from the source.

Links?

Amazing how two VERY UNLIKELY incidents occurred back to back, wouldn't ya say? That's the fingerprints of a cover story.

Very strange that a ship would fire on a "flock of birds" (WTF?) if it's sister ship only suffered from a self inflicted catastrophic "mishap" (almost unheard of, except in war).

These ships don't fire on unverified targets, because there's a risk the target could be civilian (big no-no). Not to mention the chance that they may fire upon a stealth ally (USA stealth ship).

So, no, they aren't firing at ghosts out there. They fired upon the attacking vessel, but the USA and the NWO do NOT want South Korea and North Korea to tango, so SK obviously got ordered to STAND DOWN, and put out the cover stories we are seeing here: flock of birds were fired on, and the ship suffered a self inflicted catastrophic accident.

If the NWO doesn't want a war to happen, then war will not happen. That's what "New World Order" means. Create the illusion of independent nations, when really it's all under the control of one body.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I personally believe that after the flock of birds took damage from the SK Ship, they decide to suicidally beak bomb the ship to sink it. Since the birds were from South Korea originally, it will be determined an act of domestic terrorism.......

They don't call immediate meetings and raise alerts for firing on birds and then amazingly having an explosion that sinks a ship(cause that happens all the time). If you believe that then my theory is just as plausible....

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is that false flag that Alex Jones was talking about. I'll bet you dollars to dog biscuits that the US shot it down and we're blaming it on NK, and now it's NK wartime!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
A "catastrophic ammunition accident"? My bull# detector is going off at high volume. While it's not unusual (see the USS Iowa turret accident in 1991 and the various accidents on nuclear subs) I don't think it's likely considering that the 2nd ROK Navy ship did fire upon a 3rd ship ... Navy ships of any country just don't randomly open fire on other ships for no reason.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gopher mines
This is that false flag that Alex Jones was talking about. I'll bet you dollars to dog biscuits that the US shot it down and we're blaming it on NK, and now it's NK wartime!

YA but why would they say it was a accident then? And also would they not be building it up rather then playing it down. This shows one thing the TPTB do not want a war. If they did this would be it. The truth is the truth. But many times this doesn't matter when personal feelings are involved.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Sh1t happens all the time in this world every day.

If nor and sou korea are shooting at each other, like we assume they do now and again stuff happens.

this is not what jonesy was talking about.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Let me get it straight. A massive explosion on the large naval vessel causes everyone to run in fear and jump off the ship. None of the rescued sailors including officers have any idea for cause of explosion because no damage assessment was ordered. The survivors have no idea what happened. Ship just exploded and sunk. Radio operator calls for assistance and another naval vessel arrives. Second large naval vessel calls for support vessels and rescue assistance and then opens fire on what has been mistakenly determined to be a flock of birds.

At this time, no one, the survivors, the support vessel, the crew, all the way up to the SK Admiral is really sure of what happened probably because no one saw anything, right?

I suppose the SK Navy really doesn't do a good job with damage reports or targeting...I mean they blew themselves up and shot at birds.

Makes perfect sense. Hey, aren't the S Koreans building and selling one of the top cars in the world right now? They must just be really stupid and technologically deficient huh.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Nobody wants war here except the North. Perhaps the South wanted to retaliate, but based on the information I have read, they are providing a cover story (a horribly thought out one). The Navy doesn't work like that...

Weapons mishap and then a sister ship suddenly fires at birds??

WHAT???

No. Phail.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

All going off it seems... over in Isreal i just heard Tanks are on their way to the strip... now we got a possible missle sinking a navy ship in the waters of Korea... oh well... could only be a matter of time before some crazy fool does it...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
This is an act of war, South Korea has the right to retaliate. No sane person wants to war to break out but this act calls for swift action. Time for a regime change for North Korea!

be very careful what u wish for
based upon uncertain information

I also remember patrol boats firing on a US Navy vessel
in the Gulf of Tonkin that started the Vietnam conflict
which later was proved to be a ruse/lie to get involved
in a war. I have my doubts as to the validity of the
news story at this time. We're not getting the whole
picture I can assure you that.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
North and South Korea need to settle this nonsense once and for all, IMO....

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Alex Jones wouldn't know a false flag event if it came free in his box of cereal.

There is always strife between the two.. I'd not be surprised if incompetence led to this fiasco. I remember when serving in Korea, not too long before that, there was an incident where some North Korean soldiers killed some SK soldiers with axes. The only reason there is more naval strife is that is really the only place the two can meet usually. The DMZ is pretty well cordoned off from any activity.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Aren't there drills or war games with the US going in the south right now? Couldn't this just be an accident coupled with a ship participating in drills?

Could the two events just happen to coincide enough in time that they are being linked together by the "wanters"

It's not unheard of for a naval ship to fire on a dummy target during these types of things.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by klhix

At this time, no one, the survivors, the support vessel, the crew, all the way up to the SK Admiral is really sure of what happened probably because no one saw anything, right?

I totally agree with ya on this

I don't know of any Naval ship made in the last 30 years
that does not have sonar on board. A submarine or torpedo
BOTH could be seen on sonar in time to avoid a total loss
of ship. This sounds like either negligence or either sabotage.
Now the question is WHO would want it to look like an exterior
attack?? Who would it benefit??? And the answer to that would
be, the US. That's why we already have military bases there.
Kinda makes for some pretty big numbers when seeking
military spending budgets on Capital Hill.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well of course its been kept quiet and covered up.

The USA cant attack, never mind defend against North Korea without using nuclear weapons.

Poeple dont believe the hype that the US would rain any sort of "shock & Awe" on the North as they would have equal if not more of such measures back.

Gen. Thomas A Schwartz, a former US army commander in Korea, stated that the US army in Korea would be destroyed in less than three hours.

And thats just the beginning of it.

North Korea it seems is the only Nation in world besides China and Russia who could win an all out conventional war with the US, esp in Korea.

The people are trained for it every day of their life, and see their leader as "God", they are like the Japenese fighters to the death, and none of them would surrender.

They truley believe the USA is satan etc.... their military is huge, modern, and very highly disciplined and trained.

If a full scale war started with the North and South, with Japan so close getting attacked too, america with tens of thousands of troups under fire, would be as the above quote shows at a positiong in a few hours to either "Nuke" North Korea (China!!! would not be happy about that!) or leave the tens of thousand of US troops to die, and allow Japan and South korea to try and defend themselves!

But they couldnt do that, politically or strategically as japan would fall quickly.

A War with North Korea may start with lead, and bullets but within hours would be Nuclear no doubt at all.

When we Know he has tried testing Nukes, some estimates says he has 100 on ICBM's, why do you think the USA invaded Iraq, and wants to go into Iran?

Becasue they knew there was or is no WMD for them to use. Oh and the Oil & Zionist lobbying

The real enemy is North Korea, always has been, a much bigger threat than Iran and Iraq ever were.

They cant admit it as then if they do retalliation is needed.

They cant retalliate because of the very real and presnt danger of an all out War therefore Nuclear exchanges, very close to China and Russia.

This is soo worrying, and even if it was a ammunition explosion, or not, I am glad that is the rhetoric and line coming from South Korea AKA an US mouthpeice and Base.

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 26-3-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I read the Guardian article also. It seems to be one of the sources jumping the gun based on speculation. Is that normal for the Guardian? I noticed the more reputable sources were holding off until they had facts.

I was surfing the cable news channels and wondered why there was no story and then I ran into an update that gave the facts from S. Korea. It was a weapons systems malfunction on board the ship.

I'd imagine it was all guesses until they had rescued the crew that knew what happened.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Well, yes and no. The war games in South Korea ended 6 days ago, but check out this quote from the L.A. Times on March 9:

North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency on Monday released a statement calling the drill an "undisguised adventurous saber-rattling [that] is creating such [a] tense situation on the Korean peninsula that a war may break out any time."

(emphasis is mine)

Very good catch boondock-saint. It fits into the theory that this was a real attack by NK, but that the NWO wants it covered up because they don't want a war with NK right now.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Well of course its been kept quiet and covered up.

The USA cant attack, never mind defend against North Korea without using nuclear weapons.

Poeple dont believe the hype that the US would rain any sort of "shock & Awe" on the North as they would have equal if not more of such measures back.

Gen. Thomas A Schwartz, a former US army commander in Korea, stated that the US army in Korea would be destroyed in less than three hours.

And thats just the beginning of it.

North Korea it seems is the only Nation in world besides China and Russia who could win an all out conventional war with the US, esp in Korea.

The people are trained for it every day of their life, and see their leader as "God", they are like the Japenese fighters to the death, and none of them would surrender.

They truley believe the USA is satan etc.... their military is huge, modern, and very highly disciplined and trained.

If a full scale war started with the North and South, with Japan so close getting attacked too, america with tens of thousands of troups under fire, would be as the above quote shows at a positiong in a few hours to either "Nuke" North Korea (China!!! would not be happy about that!) or leave the tens of thousand of US troops to die, and allow Japan and South korea to try and defend themselves!

But they couldnt do that, politically or strategically as japan would fall quickly.

A War with North Korea may start with lead, and bullets but within hours would be Nuclear no doubt at all.

When we Know he has tried testing Nukes, some estimates says he has 100 on ICBM's, why do you think the USA invaded Iraq, and wants to go into Iran?

Becasue they knew there was or is no WMD for them to use. Oh and the Oil & Zionist lobbying

The real enemy is North Korea, always has been, a much bigger threat than Iran and Iraq ever were.

They cant admit it as then if they do retalliation is needed.

They cant retalliate because of the very real and presnt danger of an all out War therefore Nuclear exchanges, very close to China and Russia.

This is soo worrying, and even if it was a ammunition explosion, or not, I am glad that is the rhetoric and line coming from South Korea AKA an US mouthpeice and Base.

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 26-3-2010 by MischeviousElf]

You realize America would have no problem winning a war against North Korea? the only reason we don't is because South Korea would be targetted not the US, N-Korea's nukes can't come close to hitting the US. They'd bomb S-Korea and Japan.

As another poster stated earlier if the US went all out it'd be S-Korea who would suffer and we'd lose a close ally in Asia. N-Korea's Armies would crumble in a matter of weeks/months with America blocking off it's imports/supplies they'd starve to death.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Gakus]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join