It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking of something and it appears

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Throughout my life i have experienced situations where i have been thinking of someone whom i haven't seen for a while, could be weeks, could be years and then they appear. Recently this has been happening more frequently. In the past week it has happened 3 times to myself.

Not only with people but also with objects. I have witnessed my partner doing it and my father doing it. All within the last week.

A few examples...

"Was thinking of my cousin, no particular reason why, the thought would just come and that was it, haven't seen her in about 9 months. Go out on Friday evening and bump into her in town."

"My father asks me about a man i used to work with, i tell him i haven't heard from him in about 9 years. 2 days later i get an e-mail from said man adding me as a friend on facebook."

"My partners phone is not working, she goes up town yesterday for a new one, decides they are all too expensive and doesn't buy any. Lastnight we go to our friends and she gives my partner an old phone of hers which she doesn't use, it's the newer version of my partners currently broken phone."

"My partner has applied for about 30+ jobs in the last few months and gets 1 response! The interview was lastweek, it was for a social care work position, working with people who have learning difficulties. She is waiting for the bus and decides that she doesn't want to go to interview for various reasons and decides to go home. A man with downs syndrome walks past her in the next street and smiles and stops to talk to her. She goes right back to bus stop, went to interview and gets job."

"I start getting thoughts about the fact i never get the cold anymore. Thoughts just keep coming to me that i've not had a cold for ages! 2 days later i have a cold and a chest infection!"

These are a few personal situations that have i have witnessed in the last week or so,,,

I would like to here from those of you who have experienced this and is it increasing in frequency?

Is it just coincidence?

Is there more to this phenomenon?

Can we control it?

I find when i try to do it, it doesn't work. I've found that when these situations have occurred i am not really attached to any outcome. For example, i wasn't interested if i met my cousin, i had nothing of interest to say to her. The man i worked with wasnt a great friend, just a workmate.

All thoughts and ideas welcome

Take Care

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This happens to me to with things like TV episodes or songs on the radio, like all day I will be thinking of a certain episode of a show and then when i watch that show later it will be the episode I'm thinking of , or I have a song in my head for no reason and I turn on the radio and that song is playing.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It happens to me too. More frequent lately.
I was thinking about my schoolmate I haven't see her for almost 15 years and last week just a month after i've got her sms on my phone.
Things and people appears just like that.
My dog is sick when i came back home from vacation because I always think that she misses me when i'm away.
I've got all the CDs i wanted and think about.
I've got cozy bed and beautiful home just like want i dream few years ago.
I am rich because I always think that i am rich and therefore I am.

So, be careful of what you think about or what you wish for.
Because it would be materialize.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I keep thinking of a lottery cheque - a real big one - being handed to me. Hasn't happened yet.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by decadence
It happens to me too. More frequent lately.
I was thinking about my schoolmate I haven't see her for almost 15 years and last week just a month after i've got her sms on my phone.

Yes,i have noticed an increase in frequency of such events, not just to myself but also others,one of the reasons i started this thread!

I find it more amazing when there is a greater length of separation between 2 people, then it occurs.

Using your example - 15 years is a fairly long time, then to have such thoughts about a friend who then appears.

What are the odds for that?

I keep thinking of a lottery cheque - a real big one - being handed to me. Hasn't happened yet.

Well i always find things appear when i forget about them after the initial thoughts, maybe you should forget about that cheque for a while and give it time to appear

Good luck!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It happens to me too quite often.
If you have seen the Secret its like they say - it is just like ordering things - just let the thought out to the Universe and forget about it. Most likely it will manifest if you completely forget about it and dont doubt or try to figure out how it could possibly happen.
But when I try to think about something and hope to bring it to life, like winning the lottery or wishing to meet a specific person - happens rarely or doesn't happen at all...
who knows..

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This makes me laugh.

Not because of the idea, but because I was thinking this same thing earlier today. In this week alone I have had 5 examples of this very thing (the 4th being this morning, the 5th your post). I have noticed this phenomenon more times then I can count and it makes me wonder what the cause for it may be.

It happens to lots of people on a regular basis, which gives me the impression that it cannot be just simply coincidence.

Like I said, 5 times this week, twice today.

Synchronicity anyone?

I believe this phenomenon, and many in the realm of ESP, is a 'simple' matter of tuning into your own thought waves from a future point. My personal cases this week all happened within 16 hours, 3 (including this thread) were within 6 hours.

I've spent alot of time (mostly when I was supposed to be doing something else vastly more important) thinking this through. I won't deny my conclusion is potentially crazy, but we are ultimately energy with each of us having a unique frequency.

There have been other things over the course of my life that make me think this may be the case. For now the only one I'll mention is a woman I was very close to for years.

I always know when she is going through hard times.

Always.

It was the realization of this connection that actually started me thinking about how it may be possible.

Great thread, I'm excited to see where this one leads.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yes, it happens to me maybe once every couple of months, so not too frequently, but I don't remember it happening at all more than 5 years ago or so. It'll be a movie title, a person's name, etc. Sometimes it will be a word, phrase, acronym, or a concept that I'm not familiar with so I look it up in a dictionary or Google it to understand what it means. Then, later that day or week, I'll see the same concept referenced in a completely separate instance that has no relation to the first. It's a little freaky. Some Jungian synchronicity, perhaps?

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Monsieur Neary]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
There are three ways to describe this. One is that the realm of thought occurs in a sphere that is slightly higher up/in front of our material sphere. It takes time to travel down through the spheres, and this can make it seem like your intuition is kind of seeing into the future.

The second is that you actual create your own reality. What ever you think of is actualy being created. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, the electrical signals produced through thought emmanate out and actually shape your surroundings. Ever noticed how when your happy everything seems to go your way? Or when your feeling down its like one thing after another is there to ruin you?

The third way of looking at it is that everything down to every single atom is random, and that it is all just coincidence.

I definately don't want to believe the 3rd. The second makes the most sense physically, but if you are into mysticism or anything supernatural, you would go with the 1st.

Pick out a certain model of car, think about it until you go to sleep, and then watch how many of them you see in the next few days!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
That sort of thing happened to me a lot when I was much younger. Now that I'm "old" and have so much to deal with in the "here and now" it rarely happens in such a dramatic fashion. I do find that when I'm reading something online and listening to the radio or watching the TV, the subject I'm reading about will come up on the air as I'm reading it, often it is the very words I'm reading at the time. This has been happening a lot to me lately.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I get this all the time, sometimes in dreams, sometimes a certain out there conversation will manifest at a later time and place, thinking of people things etc... and then seeing them out of the blue. Perhaps the reason that it is occurring so frequently or more than before, is not because it happens more often, just that you have begun to notice it.
I am a firm believer in thoughts manifesting reality. Like previous posters said, the mind is awesome and will manifest for you whatever you wish. If you truly want to be happy you can make yourself so. If you surround yourself with negativity it will have effects on both your body and mind.
I am fascinated by synchronicities. Reccurring numbers, strange "coincidences". I do not have an explaination for you, but I will say this. I believe that Humans have powers beyond whatever you could imagine and tuning into your intuition, believing that coincidences aren't just coincidence' are good ways to tune into those powers.
I too am waiting for that lottery check to appear in my hand, though I am not sure if ii is one of my deepest subconcious desires. Maybe because it is a superficial wish it will not manifest?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

I agree completely, personally I'd say that your first two ideas or more akin to symbiotes then seperate concepts.

Science has always been at the forefront for me. I was lucky to have parents that didn't treat me like a child starting at a young age: I never got 'kiddie' answers to my questions. If my parents didn't have an answer there was usually a trip to the library so they could show me how to find the answer myself.

Although through personal interest and educational/career paths I am scientific by nature, I was exposed to ideas long before I would have been through more normal progression. I am thankful for this because I never became entirely smitten with one view of things. Science does not provide all the answers and never will simply because there are some things that cannot be studied directly. By the same token though religion has...flaws...too (and I'll leave it at that).

I'm not religious at all, but I have had so many experiences that defy any standard explanation that I cannot be totally devoted to science either. Although it is expressed in scientific terms, I am a very spiritual person: I have seen that there is more than what we view as our world.

Energy is the key to our true potential. The more we learn about energy and quantum mechanics the closer we are to becoming something far beyond what we are now. Like ice/water/steam, matter is just a phase of energy not a seperate entity.

The sooner we shift our focus as a society toward understanding that, the better for us all as individuals.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This has happened to me as well. I have several friends who have moved literally thousands of miles away. There woiuld be about 3-4 days when I just couldn't stop thinking about one of these people that I rarely see--and in each case the time since last seeing them was several years. Then without warning they are ringing my doorbell, just show up at my band's practice space (how'd they even know where it was?), or once I had recently moved and was driving home. My best buddy who likes to travel the world hiking and exploring...he was riding a bike right outside of my house!!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post--I forgot to add:
There have also been many times when out of nowhere the thought pops into my head that something just "is". By that I mean that I just knew the exact moment it happened that my grandmother's appendix burst. Or that the pipes in basement sprung a leak while I was at work 50 miles away...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This is true, whatever it is dominant your thoughts would define who you are. Well alot of these stuff happens to me lately. Plenty.
About the plasma light i first saw it when i watch the X-files series long ago. As a teenager during that time, i really want it. It looks really cool to me. It was a bit costly that time but now i can have like tons of it if i want to.

about 9 years ago i was in college, everynight sleeping in rented room with my roomates. We have very uncomfortable bed and the room was very warm and dirty. During that time, I always think about how nice it is if i sleep some place like a hotel room, clean, tidy, cozy and cool.
Now, all of those stuff I think about and dream about appears before me without I realise i am actually living my teenage dream.

These are just the examples of how our thoughts creates the world around us.

I never think about winning lottery, but all i know, if you give out more you'll receive much more. It works for me. Try it and don't aspect anything in return and you would be amazed the way it comes back to you multiply.

btw, i love this thread.

S&F

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I am not kidding, it happened to me just now. Earlier today, I happened upon a YouTube video of that awful show from the '90s "Step by Step", and I was thinking that the blonde tomboy girl probably grew up to be fairly attractive. That was about 5 hours ago. Just a few minutes ago, I was on some entertainment site that linked to TMZ, with a teaser of showing what this girl looks like now (she's 31, and pretty hot I might add). So reading an ATS thread and thinking about the phenomenon itself can apparently induce this sort of thing to occur?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsieur Neary
I am not kidding, it happened to me just now. Earlier today, I happened upon a YouTube video of that awful show from the '90s "Step by Step", and I was thinking that the blonde tomboy girl probably grew up to be fairly attractive. That was about 5 hours ago. Just a few minutes ago, I was on some entertainment site that linked to TMZ, with a teaser of showing what this girl looks like now (she's 31, and pretty hot I might add). So reading an ATS thread and thinking about the phenomenon itself can apparently induce this sort of thing to occur?

Whoa,...i think its time for you to focus on something bigger. who knows it brings you something you could not imagine how good it is.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I've always been weary of believing in more than just this physical world. But these "coincidences" are just way to out of this world. It's happened to me far to many times.

I mean, I'm riding my bike to the gym and for no reason I begin to think about someone I haven't seen in a couple years and I'm thinking it'd be nice to meet up with him again and boom. 30 seconds later there he is walking on the sidewalk. It didn't happen when I wasn't thinking about him, it had to happen at that moment when I was thinking about him, for no reason at all.

Just far to bizarre. Mind boggling.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Ive always thought of it like a Genie, you can use it "for good", but not for corruption or greed.

Such examples for me have been watching a movie called "The 40yr old Virgin" about a movie collector, only for a job in the exact same specifications to be handed to me.

Also thinking of certain people and then bumping into them on the street, or unexpectedly in places.

Having DejaVu almost consistently.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I've had this happen a lot throughout my life. Thought of an old friend and all the sudden I meet up with them that day. I guess the part would be if they are in the same area that you last have encountered them(excluding state to state across US)... which I have yet to happen. Some people did find me net wise, but less of a coincidence. I've experienced a DejaVu effected when i first moved to this section of the country, as if I'd somehow been here in the past, but next have. I still don't understand, besides the fact of meeting my husband here though I met him 8 years later, why I was drawn to staying and not going back because at the time many factors detered me from staying. Lately it's been not so much with people, but material objects, and a family of mine have been having this 'luck' too. I feel it's not a coincidences.

Is the world beoming more and more connected spiritually? Seems like this is an indicator.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by dreamingawake]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join