It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative movement 'devouring its own children' 'in Bolshevik fashion'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
rawstory.com...

david Frum says he wasn't fired from his job at a right-wing think tank for declaring that the passage of health care reform was the GOP's "Waterloo," but many political observers seem to disagree.

What is known for certain is that, as of Thursday, Frum -- a long-time conservative columnist and a former speechwriter for George W. Bush credited with coining the term "axis of evil" -- is no longer at the American Enterprise Institute, where he had spent seven years.

"At lunch today, AEI President Arthur Brooks and I came to a termination of [our] relationship," Frum blogged on Thursday.

And what is also known is that in the last several days Frum has ruffled more than a few conservative feathers with a series of harsh criticisms of the Republican Party in the wake of the passage of the Democrats' landmark health care bill into law.
Story continues below...

"Conservatives and Republicans today suffered their most crushing legislative defeat since the 1960s," he wrote after the House passed the Senate health care bill Sunday. "It’s hard to exaggerate the magnitude of the disaster."

Come 2010 the GoP is going to need a united front. If the TPM actually splits and runs their own candidates; this could hurt the GOp even though when push comes to shove the majority of the TPM will fall back into line with the GOP and whoever Sean and Rush endorse as in "don't waste your vote"

I do expect the GOP to take back the house or the senate but not both and possibly a few Governor positions, A good thing imo.

letters.salon.com...

[edit on 26-3-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The GoP still has no clue what conservatives actually want.

they yell out some things that might sound like the peoples catch phrase, but its more like a white lady flashing gang signs....

... trying to fit in, but totally missed the boat.

and for a thread title such as this, i was actually expecting to see people eating their kids, not some guy getting fired for having an opinion that doesnt reflect the movement.

sorry but over exaggerated and fail.

edit: the guy who got fired, doesnt even think it was because of that, but "some people disagree"?? what people and who cares what they think.

[edit on 3/26/2010 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Hopefully this gets moved into the right forum.

Good read and I am in agreement with you whaa to a point. I believe there will be several governor pick ups, but since the Fed has been in full swing in consolidating power centrally, governors are becoming as relevant as my ex-wife.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks
The GoP still has no clue what conservatives actually want.

You are 100% correct. True conservatives are sick and tired of the old dog and pony show going on in Washington.

I pledge to vote against every incumbent I can in November. It's time that both groups in Washington start getting the same message.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
rawstory.com...

david Frum says he wasn't fired from his job at a right-wing think tank for declaring that the passage of health care reform was the GOP's "Waterloo," but many political observers seem to disagree.

What is known for certain is that, as of Thursday, Frum -- a long-time conservative columnist and a former speechwriter for George W. Bush credited with coining the term "axis of evil" -- is no longer at the American Enterprise Institute, where he had spent seven years.

"At lunch today, AEI President Arthur Brooks and I came to a termination of [our] relationship," Frum blogged on Thursday.

And what is also known is that in the last several days Frum has ruffled more than a few conservative feathers with a series of harsh criticisms of the Republican Party in the wake of the passage of the Democrats' landmark health care bill into law.
Story continues below...

"Conservatives and Republicans today suffered their most crushing legislative defeat since the 1960s," he wrote after the House passed the Senate health care bill Sunday. "It’s hard to exaggerate the magnitude of the disaster."

Come 2010 the GoP is going to need a united front. If the TPM actually splits and runs their own candidates; this could hurt the GOp even though when push comes to shove the majority of the TPM will fall back into line with the GOP and whoever Sean and Rush endorse as in "don't waste your vote"

I do expect the GOP to take back the house or the senate but not both and possibly a few Governor positions, A good thing imo.

letters.salon.com...

[edit on 26-3-2010 by whaaa]

The T Party movement will have it's own candidates in the "primaries", however, they will never vote for the democrats in any general election. The democrats have totally mistaken the American people, and have walked straight into their own waterloo, led by Obama, their leader.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by whaaa

Hopefully this gets moved into the right forum.

Yes, I'm sorry! I honestly don't know how this happened. Don't post before coffee. Mr/Ms Mod, move this thread to the approximate place you deem fit!
Thanks

new topics

top topics

join