It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot Possibilities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
What if the ole hairy creature exists? Would you seek to befriend it? If it spoke, I wonder what stories it would tell? I think I saw something the other day.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
[edit on 26-3-2010 by Kernoonos]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kernoonos

Would it know of the annuki? What if they are bigfoot protectors?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
If they could talk I am sure they would have great stories to tell.

Would I befriend one, sure.

One one want to befriend me, proabably not so much - we humans are too self cenetred and smell of bacon all the time.

Now, maybe if they were robots we would stand a better chance.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are WAY too funny my friend.

Dorian Soran

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

Well, what if Bigfoot is actually a rogue robot?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
What if Bigfoot is really just a North American gorrilla, or some species of ape that migrated here from Asia? I mean that seems to be the most plausable explanation as I find it strange our forrests have such a lack of primates while most other continents have there own monkeys and apes. Just seems to make sense.

Also, until the early 20th century the civilized world did not believe Gorrillas were real, they had heard stories from African natives, but had never seen one and considered them a myth. Then I think it was in the 1920's they found Gorrillas in the Congo and verified their existence. At the time the world was dumbfounded and fascinated that such large and strange apes existed. Now we have King kong and Donkey Kong, and Gorrillas are one of everyones favorite animals to see at the zoo (next to bears). I think Bigfoot is really our continents native ape species, and they are as intelligent as Gorrillas if not more.

Scary part is they are bigger and could likely rip one of us apart bare handed if we pissed him off. Just make sure you have a banana I guess !!!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikemp44

Well stated. I would be willing to talk to one if given the opportunity, though.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
My theory is that the Bigfoot (Bigfoots? Bigfeet? How would you say that plurally?) are actually the remnants of Neanderthal tribes. Neanderthal man supposedly died out, but I think that maybe they migrated down, into the Earth. They are what we call "cavemen", so it makes sense to me that they would go farther into the caves when our ancestors' populations started growing more.
If that is the case, then their population could have grown over time. After hundreds of years they might have grown fur to adapt. Every once and a while we catch them on the surface.
Maybe I'm grasping a bit here but it makes sense to me.
Thanks for the thread, I've been wanting to post my theory.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
To quote the bible..and I NEVER do this..
And there were giants in those days...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Perhaps the bigfoot can shapeshift. This would explain its ability to be so elusive. reply to post by zamo1993

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
No I think they are a mountain ape of some sort, living in caves and grottos throughout the northern rockies and such. It just makes sense, why would we not have a single primate on our continent? I can't wait till we find one, my guess is they are about as smart as gorrillas and very large. Being that they are so alusive leads me to believe they are not naturally aggressive, more so curious like Bonobos.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Heisenberg

I live in the woods....I own 380 acres, with a full blown river going through it.
And when I say I live in the woods, its not a house!
Yes I have a house but rarely am I in it...

If sasquatch is real, I believe, I know how & why, they are so evasive!

Think of them, as a 400-600 lb beaver, of course minus the teeth and tail.
Spending 90% + of their lives in water...

The water ways of north america, can and is the fastest and easiest way to move about/migrate, and with the mass of their bodies would be a good reason to be in the water, much like whales...for example...

Just for survival minded folks, for example...if there was a marshal law situation, move only after dark, in the rivers, you could cover huge distances, with minimal effort, and remain illusive.

Myself I can cover 100+ miles a day by water, and I'm in no way as strong or in shape as a wild animal...

But hey this is a "what if" thread and I'm giving my "what if hypothesis"
So please take it with a grain of salt.

But think of all the ways that this theory fits the big picture, no-remains ever found, rarely seen, ability to migrate and cover large distances...for food, vegitation....
IMO it all fits but again...its just a "what if" and a theory....

Maybe you can share the chills I get, next time you go floating, or set by the river after dark...mwuhahahah

I have no theories as to what species, or nothing of that nature...ape...doubt it...maybe, its just feral humans, and/or another hominid species with more, reasoning skills than apes and monkeys, making them the missing humanoid link...hmmmmm

Myself..I'm a believer!

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

I like that idea Doc. I've never really thought of it that way but, like you said, it would explain a lot of things. Thats some food for thought...Thank you

Also, I like your username. Tombstone is my favorite western movie out there lol.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Heisenberg

While I do think that Bigfoot exists I think it far more likely to be a hominid closely related to us than to have anything to do with aliens, Atlantis, dimension-shifting, or any of the other wild theories that are now polluting the minds of some.

An unknown North American hominid, while unlikely is still within the realm of scientific plausibility and could yield interesting insights into human evolution or the evolution of our ancestors/closest primate relatives.

Also the reason it seems supernatural may have to do with the use of something called Infrasound. Infrasound cannot be consciously heard by humans but can be subconsciously perceived and is often said to cause fear, awe or even spiritual experiences.

Infrasound

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

The discovery raises the intriguing possibility that three forms of human - Homo sapiens, Neanderthals and the species represented by X-woman - could have met each other and interacted in southern Siberia.

BBC

X-woman could be Bigfoot's mama. what do you guys think?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Still a possiblity that it does exist, according to much of native lore around here and up through Canada in the Northwest, the Sasquatch is a real, hominid like creature. I believe closer related to humans than the great ape, but more vegetarian in nature than humans. Even though, I have yet to see signs of one here and meet one, I still keep an eye out.
I would befriend it, as a protector of the area and yes, to hear the stories it has to tell. This land that I live on in a mostly secluded wilderness area by a protected wildlife refuge of a state park. If infact it knows English or can easily be communicated with... the stories may be of it's interactions with people and why it remains mysterious, how does it live and interact with nature, how many exist(if they know)... to how far is their range of communication with others and if they may like people. The stories that I'd look forward for it to share, would be of the past of the area... did they meet with the Atlanteans(tall redheaded people from the future or another planet)of NWestern lore? Also, How do they feel about humans and humanity, and how could we help them?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

starred for waking life avatar :p

indeed, if bigfoot exists it would make sense for us to desire to have them as friends. teletubbies, teddy bears, eewoks & chewbacca are just some of the examples that the media has used to condition us to perceive these distant cousins as non-threatening. but would they feel the same about us?

[edit on 3.31.10 by toreishi]

[edit on 3.31.10 by toreishi]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Bigfoot is more elusive than most previously thought. Indeed so. If one referenced the fact that it can go from a highly dense area to be seen but not photographed, then it leaves the thought that perhaps, just perhaps it cannot be found.reply to post by toreishi

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi

The discovery raises the intriguing possibility that three forms of human - Homo sapiens, Neanderthals and the species represented by X-woman - could have met each other and interacted in southern Siberia.

BBC

X-woman could be Bigfoot's mama. what do you guys think?

This article you have linked to is fantastic! Star for you!!

It goes on to say:

["Experts have been wondering whether X-woman might have links with known fossil humans from Asia, which have controversial classifications.

"Certain enigmatic Asian fossils dated between 250,000-650,000 years ago such as Narmada (in India), and Yunxian, Dali and Jinniushan (in China) have been considered as possible Asian derivatives of Homo heidelbergensis, so they are also potential candidates for this mystery non-erectus lineage," said Prof Stringer.

"However, there are other and younger fragmentary fossils such as the Denisova ones themselves, and partial skulls from Salkhit in Mongolia and Maba in China, which have been difficult to classify, and perhaps they do signal a greater complexity than we have appreciated up to now."

Other experts agreed that while the Siberian specimen may be a new species, this has yet to be shown.

"We really don't know," Ian Tattersall of the American Museum of Natural History in New York, told the Associated Press news agency.

Dr Tattersall, who wasn't involved in the new research, added: "The human family tree has got a lot of branchings. It's entirely plausible there are a lot of branches out there we don't know about."]

I'm taking this as an admission that something else could definitely be out there... and that some scientists are very aware of this fact!

top topics

join