It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 300 Congress members declare commitment to 'unbreakable' U.S.-Israel bond

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Nearly 300 Congress members declare commitment to 'unbreakable' U.S.-Israel bond

www.haaretz.com

Nearly 300 members of Congress have signed on to a declaration reaffirming their commitment to "the unbreakable bond that exists between [U.S.] and the State of Israel", in a letter to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

The letter was sent in the wake of the severe recent tensions between Israel and the U.S. over the prior's decision to construct more than 1,600 new housing units in East Jerusalem, a project it announced during U.S. Vice President Joe Biden's visit to the region.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Snippets from the Letter:

The announcement during Vice President Biden's visit was, as Israel's Prime Minister said in an apology to the United States, "a regrettable incident that was done in all innocence and was hurtful, and which certainly should not have occurred." We are reassured that Prime Minister Netanyahu's commitment to put in place new procedures will ensure that such surprises, however unintended, will not recur.

A strong Israel is an asset to the national security of the United States and brings stability to the Middle East. We are concerned that the highly publicized tensions in the relationship will not advance the interests the U.S. and Israel share. Above all, we must remain focused on the threat posed by the Iranian nuclear weapons program to Middle East peace and stability.

Sincerely,

It would not happen again? Israel approves the building of 100 more homes in East Jerusalem while Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu meets with Barack Obama.

It would be interesting to know how many of these members were elected to congress with financial support from AIPAC. Their financial strength allows pro-Israel candidates to campaign much more aggressively than those whom are neutral or against Israel.

Personally, it does not bother me that these members of congress declare commitment to 'unbreakable' U.S.-Israel bond, but the fact that most of them act in the interest of Israel at the expense of the American citizens makes this very problematic. Additionally, it seems that the military is increasingly getting involved in this politically:

Did Petraeus briefing set stage for U.S.-Israel spat?

That’s fascinating in a number of ways:
1.) As Perry notes, the stance that Petraeus took is not merely strategic but political in nature, stretching the bounds of his role. Furthermore, the general is not an impetuous sort. He thinks things through very carefully, so he no doubt understood fully the gravity of the message he was sending. That’s also why the White House in turn has taken it so seriously.
2.) “The message couldn’t be plainer: Israel’s intransigence could cost American lives.” That’s the core of the issue. Cast in those terms, the debate becomes much more difficult for the current Israeli government and for those in this country who defend Israel’s pro-settlement policies. And the fact that this message is coming from the U.S. military only compounds its impact.
3.) Reading between the lines of Perry’s piece and its later clarifications, there was a clear decision at high levels, apparently from within the Pentagon, to make this story public. If so, the leak was itself a policy decision, an effort by the military to throw itself publicly behind both the Petraeus warning and the sterner line taken in response by the Obama administration.

source

Naturally, strong relations with Israel are in America's interest, but at what expense? Petraeus acknowledged that the current stance of the US regarding the Palestine-Israel conflict harms US interests and endangers American troops and this is what he declared to congress, which makes one wonder how this letter can be reconciled with the words of Petraeus.

Two-thirds of Congress, Blair to attend AIPAC event in Washington D.C.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Well as anyone on here will tell you this is simply our representatives representing us. We voted for this and the healthcare bill back in Nov 08. I am glad to see that they are working hard and am very glad to see Israel expanding. George Washington in his farewell address warned us about permanent allies. But in this day and age we shouldn't give him any credence.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Why is this even news, we know the anglo american empire runs israel, so why would it be any different.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

This is good news is it not!?

I say good news, because now you have a list, you know exactly who to vote for...or more importantly, who NOT to vote for come election day.

Personally, i would not consider putting anyone in office, that has allegiances to anyone other than the people who put them into that office, regardless of how tenuous that allegiance may be.

So, my advice to you American folks is to obtain a copy of the 300 odd names, and vote according to your beliefs on the ISSUES at hand rather than a weird blue or red colour system.

Up to you though, it's your country...or it was.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
WTF?????
I have no clue what this is all about.
What does Israel have over the US
that would make them sign on to be
their permanent slave is beyond me.
But I wished I knew.

Maybe I should start writing my book entitled:

The Late Great USA

look for it in the bottom of bird cages everywhere

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
because now you have a list, you know exactly who to vote for...or more importantly, who NOT to vote for come election day.

it won't matter who we vote for,
the machines are hacked anyway.
we are just slaves living out an
non-existence. Nothing more than
political zombies. I really don't know
why we even try anymore. The gates
of hell have closed behind us with no chance
of escape. Enjoy your campfire boys,
we've got plenty of time on our hands.
Who brought the marshmellows????

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The fact that 300 members of Congress who are bought and paid for by those that control their actions has asked them to show support by signing some declaration of support is a far cry from truly establishing a "unbreakable" US and Israeli bond.

Such a display is nothing but an example of the money man asking for something they can all do without appearing as if they are the bought corrupt politicians that they really are.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Amen Spikey! I am absolutely THRILLED to have these treasonous cretins on the record! Now I know exactly who to campaign against. This list needs to go viral and a campaign to get them out of office undertaken NOW!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
U.S. is friends with Israel
Israel is not friends with U.S.

Is that friendship or slavery?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I am still puzzled about how 300 representatives were able to express a single collective and cohesive thought.

Oddly, they can never do that when it comes to caring for their own nation.

But when certain lobbyists and 'pals' come around, the pens come out in unison and they sing like a choir of angels....

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I wonder how much money was passed around for the whores in congress to make the commitment.

And BTW were is the commitment to the America people and tax payer.

I guess we are all forgotten on the pimps give away in congress.

I hate when somebody else is talking and acting in my behave as an American citizen without asking me personally if I agree with it or not.

But then again that is life in America now a days.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I was reading about this matter at another site. The article itself only lists about 6 of those 300 names. I did a google search, one link of which led here. So far, I cannot find just who those 300 Congress members are. I will check back from time-to-time to see if anybody else has found those names and posted them here. I'm an older lady and don't have much computer-savvy, darn it! If I am able to find those names, either myself or on another site, I will share that information here, as well.

5-starred, OP

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
now my next question would be

How many of those 300 that signed on with Israel
also voted YES for Obamacare???

Any takers on a bet that the majority of them
will match up???? huh???? anybody???

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Here's that list of the 307 (so far) who signed the Letter:

www.aipac.org...

I'm from Pennsylvania...it appears that 7 Congressmen/women from my state signed on...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
So, in other words, hilary clinton and congress support israle killing Palestinans, letting their tanks run over babys, and using them as human shields simply based on racial hatred?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Actually, this is very interesting as it gives AIPAC a very clear picture of who is with them and who isn't. I recently put up a thread here on ATS that told the story of a very talented member of congress, Donna Edwards, whose political career is in jeopardy after she had declined to support a motion that confirmed Israel's right of self defense.

Several Jewish organizations immediately expressed their dissatisfaction. And as occurred before with politicians like her, a counter-candidate has been put forward or nominated in an attempt to ''take her down''. Guess what: her opponent, Herman Taylor, said last year already on the news site Politico that he has "many friends in the Jewish community".

Thus, Edwards suddenly needs to pull all the stops to retain her seat. "Very undeserved," said Art Brodsky activist and supporter, whom convened a donors' meeting this weekend for her. He is Jewish. AIPAC makes the most noise, he says, AIPAC has the most money. "But they do not speak on my behalf. They speak for only a small part of the Jewish community."

Piece by piece, those critical of Israel are replaced. AIPAC has the financial power to do so.

You are either with us or with the enemy seems to apply very well in this situation.
It's gonna be interesting to see what will happen to those members of congress that did not sign this letter during the mid term elections.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I am still puzzled about how 300 representatives were able to express a single collective and cohesive thought.

Oddly, they can never do that when it comes to caring for their own nation.

But when certain lobbyists and 'pals' come around, the pens come out in unison and they sing like a choir of angels....

well factoring in fact that these people are paying their wages and if they ever want to run again in the elections and have a chance of winning, fund their re-election campaigns.

you cant be against Israel and Run in the US and have a chance of getting anywhere.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The Jews part ways with America???

Our money withdrawn...

Our Expertise...

Goodbye...

Amen and amen...

Enjoy..

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
The Jews part ways with America???

Our money withdrawn...

i am just trying to get around this

if you have so much Money why does the US send Billions to Israel?
also just because someone is jewish what makes them any less american?

Our Expertise...

yeap, you have to be jewish to be smart these days,
guess the Jokes make sure you copy the asian boy has died.

Goodbye...

Amen and amen...

Enjoy..

hey dont let the door hit you where the good lord split ya, maybe the US goverment can think about its own country insted of another for once?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join