It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.J. Town Out To Ban Dog Barking Round-The-Clock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Woff woff - hush !

No dog barking, LOL, how do you keep dogs quite 24 hours a day?

Woff woff

That's the word in one local town as officials try to put dog owners on a financial leash if they can't keep their pets quiet -- no matter what time of day or night.

Now, CBS 2 HD encountered one dog on Monday that was quite obviously barking because we -- strangers after all who've had the nerve to come into what is really her house in Piscataway, N.J. -- got her excited.

Dog bark ban and Dog Taxes, sounds like paradise for a dog owner .

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
i agree with the barking. a dog whos constantly barking and barking all day is really irritating. i've seen dog owners leave their dogs outside to bark their heads off for hours at a time. i have a dog, and she knows that a little bit of barking is ok, but if she keeps at it, she has to come in the house. i know that my neighbours dont want to have to listen to that. dogs are LOUD and not everyone sleeps at night. people who work nights will sleep during the day. so its only fair to respect that excessive noise will be bothersome to some people.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
All the Obama supporters take a good hard look and ask yourself does my dog bark? They are very progressive over there and so is he what did you guys think was going to happen when you made Frankenstein?

They know better then you or me and if you think because you supported them you will get a free pass I have some land on the moon to sell you at a good cost. They will come after food and Garbage and anything they feel will help the greater good. Sometimes bad things come out of good intentions just ask the Germans who lived during HItler's time they will tell you.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I know dog barking is annoying , I do not like dogs and I dont talk bad about people that have dogs, but passing laws that makes a dog bark illegal is just idiotic,
these people know dogs bark, that is what they do !

I dont like baby cries either, it is annoying but I wouldnt supprt a Baby Cry Ban because babies cry, that is what they do ..

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

sure its what they do...but theres no reason to make the rest of the people around you deal with it. if your baby is crying incessantly, then its important to have consideration for the people around you and to leave the situation with your child until they've stopped. i feel that its the same with dogs. and i doubt that it will put a ban on any and all barking, the article states the problem as "incessant barking" and i think its a good idea to hold dog owners responsible for any excessive noise from their pets. theres no reason that a dog should be outside barking for extended periods of time. between my home and our next door neighbours, there are 4 dogs, and they all play together. they bark here and there...but if they continually bark for a period of time, we stop them. either by distracting them with their toys, or just bringing them in the house for a while. its out of consideration for our neighbours who may not find them as endearing as we do, and may be really bothered by the barking.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by devilishlyangelic23]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by devilishlyangelic23

I have to disagree. I was trying to have lunch in the mall the other day and some idiotic buffoon parks her hideous baby trolley next two me with two screaming kids, whom she didn't even attempt two quiet. I would rather have a wild pack of dogs howling and barking all night on my front porch rather then hear the screeching death calls of a two year old.

Yeah, I guess dogs can be a little annoying, how ever I am a dog owner and animal lover, so I guess I see it from my point of view only. Are people going to ban the sounds of traffic, babies crying, airplanes and helicopter? I don't think so.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Here you go, a nice video for your thread.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by groomlake9

That makes me think. What if the people of that town decided to tax the town everytime they heard a siren or if they heard an airplane fly over. The things we allow our government to do to us while they can get away with murder is astounding. Oh well though, according to the progressives in that town I am sure that is just the town representing them, right? Kind of like this HC reform. We need not worry, I am sure that they are doing this for the people and not additional revenue or anything.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Alot of misc. and good points here.

I have 4 kids, I have had my share of baby cry's, love kids, they are the best, but their cring is LOL, are they hungry? are they thirsty? 'Hey kid, what you want' !

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
You haven't heard?

They are doing this for the greater good!

Next thing you know is if you don't take out your trash that's inside your home, you'll be fined $250.

You get to work late again? No problem, just a $100 fine for you.

You took a sick day? Not a problem, just pay the $175 fine on your way to work the next day.

It's going to happen more and more, and they WILL take your rights away.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Emerald The Paradigm]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Wow, another crazy law for money!

All dogs bark, except for the singing dogs... called Basenjis and New Guinea Singing Dogs(feel free to add if I missed some). There's breeds(ex.Shih Tzu) whose main purpose was to bark to alert bigger dogs, for example to gaurd a palace. Not to mention working dog breeds that have a sole purpose for garuding. Barking dogs do protect homes and properties.

This law is going to cause shelters to fill up, causing more euthanasia. As not everyone will be able to afford a Laryngectomy(vocal cord cutting), shock collars(which don't work on all dogs because they learn to bark below or above the frequency) and dog traning classes.

Considering the dog breed trends in Newark NJ, considering the 'town' has the same trends, these breeds will suffer the most:
AKC

Newark’s Most Popular Breeds 2009
1. Bull Terrier
2. Shih Tzu**
3. Yorkshire Terrier**
4. Bulldog
5. Pug/ Rottweiler***

AKC Top Dog Breeds By City

If you're going to try to solve a problem; how about requiring the owners to get help for the repeat offender barking dogs, by helping the dog get help ( mentioned above) or at least giving the fine money to shelters where these dogs will end up.

The ordinance was expanded to include round-the-clock complaints because the town got about 400 animal noise complaints last year.

N.J. Town Out To Ban...

That seems like a lot of complaints! Maybe if they spend more time in noisey NYC barking won't bother them. Still complaints shouldn't have them enacting such a penalty.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by dreamingawake]

[edit on 26-3-2010 by dreamingawake]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Direct from this towns site....

The township has a fair percentage of apartments, townhouses, and condominiums although most housing accommodations are single-family dwellings. Single family homes in 1998 ranged from $120,000 - $1,000,000.

They are also the home of the most prestigious Rutgers University. Not meaning to stereotype but I can tell you that these people do not mind fascism one bit. I live in a college town in Alabama (that one that is soooo Conservative) and our county went to Obama buy a 7 to 3 margin. I can only imagine what this one is like.

top topics

join