It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sing along! Paranoia!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I'm gonna tell on myself just a bit, and I am going to hope the 'yer nutz' crowd doesn't stampede me.

I've got something akin to paranoia, but it's only from what I'm about to share- and I really, REALLY would love to know why this is happening:

This happened tonight at the usual Chinese place I go eat at- not once, but TWICE, I have women staring eye holes right on thru me- and I only noticed when I- well- I noticed I was being stared at like that! If it means anything, one was on one side of the booth divider, the other was on the other side, next to the table I was sitting at.

For some time, I have been getting really weird looks from white, middle aged women. That's where this wackiness starts. These women look at me like I left my pants at home, and I'm grinning like a fool about it. It's a guarded, suspicious look- mixed with a little fear, and a slight pinch of 'unknown' apprehension. I've had short stares, where if I happen to look their way, they see I am looking back, and they turn their heads, and the long, long, long stare that would make a deer in headlights look like they have reflexes of a superhero. Usually, I stare right back in that case, and make a face. I usually get a revulsed look in return. I am always the one who notices this- It kinda upsets the normalcy of the moment when someone's drilling 2 eye holes thru you.....

The weirdness continues:

Asian, Hispanic, oriental, black, Indian- You name ANY other race or culture, and this doesn't occur! I eat at a Chinese place- lots of various other races there, I do my laundry in a public laundromat with people of every single above mentioned stripe doing theirs, too. Some of my usual haunts take me by Indian/ Oriental markets. There have been times I get complimentary looks and smiles from some of the other races I mentioned- but most of the time, unless I was on fire- they take the usual 'no notice' of me. This brings up another thing- If I smile at any of the 'nonwhite' races (especially if I find them cute and I dont see a ring on a finger), I usually- 80% of the time get a smile back. White women? You'd think I tried to stick my hand up their bra or something, the look they give me most of the time. To clarify, it ain't a happy look I get....

If it's any help, I am average everywhere (yes, even there), nothing noteworthy. I live in NC, and I dont smoke, drink only at home (and even then, RARELY), and do not do drugs of any type. I am reasonably sane, and do not hallucinate. I'm white, just in case anyone wonders about that.

I do have to admit that this is just unsettling me each time it happens- mostly because the first thought is "what the heck is she staring at me like that for?! I then checked for the usual reasons for a funny look without trying to be *too* conspicuous after the first few: X Y Z (Examine Your Zipper for the uninitiated), a quick look down, and a quick booger check- not that I have loose debris problems, and I am ALWAYS conscious of anything 'hanging around' at any rate. Heck, I even asked the people if I was with tonight if I was having some sort of malfunction! Yes, it IS giving me a complex. Is it gangstalking? I dunno. I dont get much more than the weird stares, and you'd think that other races would be involved, at any rate, or at least blacks and hispanics (just on general rule of the % of them a person would run into on a given day). I'm not even close to making a racial remark- I am simply pointing out statistics for who I'd run into on a regular basis.

I also notice as of late a LOT of people in expensive cars who are... well... aiming for me on the side of the road while I'm walking. More often than not, I see a maniacal grin from the driver.....

There is one other thing to note: En route to the Chinese place for dinner, a car was next to my friend's while we were in traffic. I'm just staring out the window. Guy in the back seat reaches up, pats the guy in the front seat, and points at me in an offhanded 'hitchhiker' way, I got a thumb point. The car then stays out of range of me trying to see what the heck else is going on in the car. All 3 were somewhere in their late 40's, early 50's, wearing polo shirts, casual dress. Odd thing was that all 3 shirts were red....

Replies where I just get 'You're a looney toon' will get a complimentary 120 decibel raspberry.

So- who wants a shot at telling me what the heck's going on? Don't tell me I'm paranoid- This crap has done a stellar job of making me that way! So, please- no Captain Obvious statements...

[edit on 26-3-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Perhaps You radiate an aura that makes certain people feel as if you are someone they need to keep an eye on. I know that sometimes I get a strong negative vibe from certain people. It is instant, like hearing a really ugly-sounding horn blowing. I don't even have to be able to see them, and most of the time it doesn't even seem like they are aware of my feeling. I don't stare at them, though, I just steal split second glances. A few times, this has warned me that genuine trouble was coming, but in 90% of the cases the person I get the bad vibe from just goes on their way without demonstrating any awareness of what I felt. Unless any of them confront you, it's probably nothing to really be worried about, but I know how hard that really is to do.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

told you this before, several months ago: you sound like you've got brain swelling (and i don't mean ego problems). if i was you, i'd get on some hefty antibiotics or something to boost the immune system, pronto! PRONTO! like soon soon soon. yesterday would be soon enough!

i had all those same symptoms and i was ill with brainstem encephalitis and didn't know it. it can take months before it finally resolves into full blown disease.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This sounds more like it belongs in the relationship forum, under HELP ME GET A DATE.
Methinks you are definitely over analyzing and reading too much into things.
You speak like you haunt the same places ...perhaps everyone is wondering why they see you so much?
Perhaps it is the law of attraction, you believe negative so they give negative.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by AccessDenied]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

This is a tad *too* selective for some sort of brain problem- besides, nothing else has been happening (and that other problem has taken a hike. In fact, after it went, I have felt worlds better, and function a LOT better). Even bought a bike and tried bike riding... to the tune of pantwheezecoughpain. I have also gotten back into models- been putting together my usual selection (sci fi), and been happily painting and gluing myself to artistic nirvana.

It's also not all the time, I highly doubt it'd be selective as it is... If it was an infection, everybody would be staring at me, even my cats, the flowers in the yard, the birds, and on and on.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
i dont know where id be without paranioa looking over my shoulder all the time... and folowing me, and stalking me online hehhheh

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

This sounds more like it belongs in the relationship forum, under HELP ME GET A DATE.

Sorry- I am VERY happy single (I learned the ultra hard way!). As for haunting? I do my laundry on a regular basis. I go to the Chinese place- well- best (and cheapest) seafood and Chinese food in town. I shop in places any normal person does (money and transportation permitting).

It's always a diff person every time- I dont see the same # of people over and over. It's also been enough that I HAVE been able to list and categorize it, which has made me just sit down, scratch my head and wonder 'WTF?!'

I could see it if I was out fishing for a woman. I have seen a few guys who deserve a LOT more than a nasty look for how they act. What's throwing me is the fact these women aren't particularly attractive to me (if at all), there's nothing that makes me want to go over and ask for a phone #, and a good deal of them are married, or with a b/f.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I don't know what to say, but it is interesting,

I often think people are staring at me also, it is human nature, to scan about, most likely a protective mechanism,

So, I ended up with agoraphobia,

When I go out now I try to keep from looking at people, it helps.

One thing I noticed is you have to be staring back to know they are staring.

Yes?

So you are all staring.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

Perhaps You radiate an aura that makes certain people feel as if you are someone they need to keep an eye on.

Ok... but white, attached women who are as remarkable as an asphalt road? I dont get this weirdness from others, like I said. if it was spread equally across the board, sure. I can even see how if I had a vibe like this, I should have more foreign women acting like this, just due to culture. Like I said, I am largely ignored, or if I do catch their eye, I get a nice smile a lot of the time. They dont act threatened, they dont stare at me like I'm glowing radioactive, Nothing.

What's giving me fits is how specific the stare'ers' are: white, middle aged, attached women (for the most part). I have a had few single ones give me the same look. I only say they may be single, because as of late, I take a quick glance at the finger- or they are by themselves.

Now, I cant be giving out a race specific vibe- especially when 99.99999% of the time, a woman (any woman) is the furthest thing from my mind! And doubly especially when I am hauling a pile of seafood back to the table.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

One thing I noticed is you have to be staring back to know they are staring. Yes?

Usually, I catch the stare in my peripheral vision. Like last night- since ya gotta navigate to get back to the table (and I confess- sometimes, I lose the stupid thing!), And make sure the food I have doesn't end up spattered on the floor from someone running full speed into me, or from me just being careless- my basic 'stare' has me watching the surrounding floor, or the food, and I alternate. I am hardly ever staring off at faces- I was threading my way back to the table with food, making sure nothing slid off the plate, happened to look UP, and found a pair of eyes drilling holes in me. Second time- I am not facing in the person's direction. I come about, and again, more staring from another person.

It's a bit like when the cat is trying to get my attention when he wants food- He'll sit there and stare at me, right at the edge of my vision, until I finally catch on to the fact that I am being signaled I didn't fill the food bowl as instantly as he likes. I stare back for a second, and go do what I have been commanded.
Yes, I have been trained well by the fuzzy little snotwipe.
So, a stare like that gets picked up by me just as a matter of habit.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Well, some of it has been sorted out between me and someone else with the same problem (female, older)... But I'm only gonna waste time on this if there's any interest.

top topics

join