It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossil finger points to new human species

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

If further work does support the initial conclusions, the discovery would mark the first time that an extinct human relative had been identified by DNA analysis. It would also suggest that ice-age humans were more diverse than had been thought. Since the late nineteenth century, researchers have known that two species of Homo — Neanderthals and modern humans — coexisted during the later part of the last ice age. In 2003, a third species, Homo floresiensis, was discovered on the island of Flores in Indonesia, but there has been no sign of this tiny 'hobbit' elsewhere. The relative identified in Siberia, however, raises the possibility that several Homo species ranged across Europe and Asia, overlapping with the direct ancestors of modern people.

www.nature.com...

It's pretty amazing to think of all these different homo species existing before and even alongside us. We were never an isolated species at all, we had diversity and we had great competition. Did the Annunaki create all these different types of homo too?
, Sorry I couldn't help it.

We are animals just like everything else, but we are highly advanced. We have been able to survive past our greatest competitors. We represent a strong, smart and resilient species, the best of the best! We can never give up, it is in our genes to advance.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Intresting, yes.

They devided the earth in 3, due to a war/fight between those ancient leaders..

I heard on the radio is it 2 years ago now, they said: the neanderthals were killed off by us, new studies show..

Now, they said that WE killed them,think not, I think the ones making us got ridd of them, they didnt work, too dumb to work, and the once before them were too free minded and wouldnt slave them, hence the fuoration of our tothpaste and water these days...Obedient slaves is what they want ! We , the human v4.0 are waking up, why we probably have a lot of chaos coming.

now, to the fingertip, if this finger proves that the current teachings are wrong (which I know it is) will the schools be updated? will our kids be taught this or will it be swept under the rugg as usual ?

It is possible that some modern humans or Neanderthals living in Siberia 40,000 years ago had unusual mtDNA, which may have come from earlier interbreeding among H. erectus, Neanderthals, archaic modern humans or another, unknown species of Homo. Only probes of the nuclear DNA will properly define the position of the Siberian relative in the human family tree.

what a mess, here they totaly safeguard them selfs by handing out alot of possibilities, and they can fall back to the one that fits later, ' Like we thought, it fits right here'..

The one common thing I see on topics like this, they cant figure out how these earlly humans could get so far from eachother and up under the ice, if they just played with the expanding earth sometimes, they'd see that the distances travelled werend that great, it is just that it was a much smaller world then compared to now..( Just me speculations)..

These things gives my an headache, caus it dont add up..

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Crapsghetti

Interesting find. Thanks.

IMO there have been many 'fits and starts' along the evolutionary road.

Lot's of distant cousins and branches off from what ultimately became modern humans. Some may still be in existence, surviving in remote areas of the world, perilously close to extinction.

The Yeti, Bigfoot, sasquatch all may be names given to creatures that have been sighted over the centuries, and could be just one or even three distinct branches of our 'kinfolk' clinging to survival in, what is for them, a continual shrinking home environment (except perhaps the Himalayas).

Did the Annunaki create all these different types of homo too? , Sorry I couldn't help it.

In all seriousness, I think the reasoning amongst those that hold a belief that this may be possible in antiquity, is that no..they didn't create any of these branches of species, only tinkered with the most promising, which resulted in us, modern humans. (the fools! Perhaps they should have tinkered with the Yeti instead!)

[edit on 26/3/2010 by spikey]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crapsghetti
We are animals just like everything else, but we are highly advanced. We have been able to survive past our greatest competitors. We represent a strong, smart and resilient species, the best of the best! We can never give up, it is in our genes to advance.

Interesting post but I have to disagree with the arrogance if your last paragraph.

If an animal needs to make clothes to keep warm and build a house to sleep in does that make it more advanced than one that doesn't? or does it actually mean it is weaker? We have power in numbers but doesn't make us the best of the best. Stand in a pit of lions and see who is the best of the best.

Or one man vs a bear.
One man vs AIDS.
One man vs a shark.

WHat exactly do you think sets us above animals? Language? Well animals seem to communicate pretty well (see whales and dolphins). Civilisation? Animals can live in their surroundings without changing it and in huge communities, thats seems like a strength to me. Altruism? That is found in many animals.

And your last sentance....could you please provide me with some animals that DON'T have the will to survive?

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Frakkerface]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

SABLANTICS!!! I think it is our high intelligents that putes us into a higher category. We can sing, sculpt, dance, paint, pray, study nuerology, travel space, learn about the microscopic world, chemistry, science, calculous, computers, engineering, entheobotany, psychology, philosophy, etc, etc. I think it's reasonable to say we are advanced and this is pretty recognized. We may not be as in tune with the world, but we know more about it.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Crapsghetti]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I have to put this out there. Could it not have been one of those "aliens" that crashed and made those disks? I think they were called the Vril Disks?

That would be something that many would believe rather than an extinct human never found before.

By the way, it was an ancient setup in my opinion. According to my limited knowledge.

Sort of like ancient industrial espionage to make humans believe in the "aliens".

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Yeah that makes a lot more sense...

new topics

top topics

join