It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Discernibly Hear Dead People!! **Recordings Added, Pg. 2**

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Wow!

I just happened to look at the number of times each recording has been downloaded from the upload service that I put them on. It has been sometime since I visited this thread.

Impressive numbers if I may say. Thank you ATS

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea4b0a2b019f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
u must be shawty from scary movie..??..i kid

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Shooooot...he was the best character in the movie.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Figured I would give this a bump since I spoke about it on the ATS Live show tonight.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hi there Uber (and for that matter everybody else). I have found this thread to be one of the most fascinating in this section

Please keep updating it with any further developments you have mate, it makes for a very thought provoking read. After hanging around just reading for many months I finally signed up to make this reply

Cheers, Kaspar64

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaspar64

Welcome Kas, I might be a little biased, but I too share your enthusiasm in regards to this thread. I have been contemplating doing a few more sessions utilizing the Faraday Cage. This would filter out most, if not all, local broadcast's THEN if anything gets recorded, well...I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Glad you enjoyed it.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I downloaded the files and listened to them. The first two I didn't get much out of, but I definately heard responses in the next two. It sent shivers up my spine to say the least. You're doing a great job, and the outcome is fascinating.

I had never heard of this method before either. The results on youtube that I searched for afterwards seem to be a bit hit and miss, but I suppose there is no "right" way in doing things like this.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by invetro

Thank you!

the results on youtube that I searched for afterwards seem to be a bit hit and miss

I watched a gaggle of those Ghost Box vids on Youtube, the majority of which used the digital derivative of the Ghost Box. To me it seemed that it was scanning entirely too fast. The fact that I used an old radio with the manual dial allowed me to variably adjust the speed. I am inclined to believe that this is crucial to what I was able to record as it allowed them more of an opportunity to communicate, presumably that is.

I truly think that the digital ones scan wayyyy to fast. My manual version allowed them (IMO) to come through much easier. Just an educated guess mind you, but not at all implausible of a notion in regards to this device.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
Wow!

I just happened to look at the number of times each recording has been downloaded from the upload service that I put them on. It has been sometime since I visited this thread.

Impressive numbers if I may say. Thank you ATS

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea4b0a2b019f.jpg[/atsimg]

can someone link me these so i can download them please.. i cant seem to find them

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Thank you for the U2U

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

You're very welcome. I look forward to your feedback

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I haven't listened to these yet, I'm still trying to get my head around the whole idea of it (can't help but think you are picking up snippets of stations, especially as, from what i've read so far, it is only single words that are getting picked up).

But I was thinking about making the recordings clearer....have you tried recording some of the white noise (static) without any voices and phase reversing one of the channels (either the voices or just the noise)? I'm not sure if it would work because the noise is by it's nature random energy (this method requires both sides to be identical) but there is a chance that you could eliminate all the noise and just be left with the voices, clear as day.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

so far, it is only single words that are getting picked up

Actually there are some full phrases being picked up. In one session I announce that I am signing off, there is a voice that says "Wait, I ask you please". I had scanned passed multiple frequencies in the duration of that phrase. You should listen to the one that I cropped the significant phrases from the actual sessions. It is located on the second page of the thread where I posted the recordings.

As far as your other suggestion, I combined the L/R channels from the original recordings. The raw version of the recording it may be possible to do this. The left channel is my voice, the right channel is the radio. I don’t have the raw recordings of the originals because they were over-written when I edited them. If I decide to make anymore I will take this into consideration.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
that shouldn't matter that your voice is in the recording, phase cancellation works by eliminating the identical sounds in each track so if you have static in in both tracks and reverse the phase in one then you will be left with whatever else is there, eg your voice and the other voices.

Just record some static and reverse the phase and then play it along side your recordings. It's a long shot as there are many variables that might prevent this from working but it's worth a shot.

I haven't tried this method with white noise and I don't know how even the noise is but this is the way that people get vocals from a song with none of the music. In this example you need the instrumental and the vocal version: just phase reverse one, play them together and all you are left with is the vocals (or whatever element is different in the two recordings).

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Bumped for exemplary research and your ability to field questions and conventional explanations with such thought and kindness.

This is intelligent debate.

Ever make that Faraday Cage?

Ever think of teaching a class on how to submit a hypothesis and its corresponding research to ATS?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
In the "spirit" of tonight's ATS Live show, I wanted to bump this to the top of the forum.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
OP,

to which are you referring which is hazardous to the mind,body,soul?
I am just curious as to what clip that might be

I find the statement kind of hilarous and want to check it out myself

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
A thought just occurred to me - what about reducing the level of volume of the radio and trying to see if this makes any difference.

At this stage, we do not know how or what contributes to the EVPs coming through but if they use the radio and white noise of the de-tuned radio stations, then it may be possible to have one radio with white noise being played (for the spirits to use to manifest their voice) and one radio being used to give them some extra energy. They say that white noise generators or ionisers help the spirits to manifest themselves,

Are the EVPs appearing on your microphones or are they using the white noise of the radio to come through? Could you play the radio in one room and record in a different room? Would that work? If so then maybe location/space has a different meaning depending on where you are? (there or here)

I think the point I am trying to make is - could we distance the different parts of this experiment from each other and find out what parts are necessary and whether they have to be as close as possible to make the EVP work, or whether there can be some space between them.

Oh, another thing. Possibly you yourself have an effect in the experiment. Try getting someone else to do the experiment and see if they get the same amount of EVPs.

In the olden days, physical mediums could produce ectoplasm and they were generally large women. Personally, I dont seem to get much spiritual activity at all yet others get a lot, so I was wondering if we somehow have some kind of attribute in our energy fields which make us either attractive or not to spirits.

Not explained very well, but I hope you get my meanings. :-)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join