It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Discernibly Hear Dead People!! **Recordings Added, Pg. 2**

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Primordal

My guess is this is serious stuff that is not meant for everyone.

I agree, as I was warned, and as I started the thread with the disclaimer. The readers of this thread are assuming their own risks. This is why I keep reiterating the warnings. Like I said in a previous post, I have not witnessed anything anomalous to speak of other than the voices I recorded. So I can not say definitively that what you and the other poster experienced is not purely coincidental.

My only intent in the creation of this thread was to offer what I discerned as irrefutable evidence that I had potentially made contact with some form of dimension not of this world. Again, I'll stress to everyone reading this thread, that if you're not confident in your ability to thwart what ever may come from this, whether it be your own mind or a malevolent force, then you really should probably not take part in any part that you're not comfortable with.

Edit to add: As far as the claim to containing Trojans, I stand firm that they do not. I have over 18 years of computer experience. So I assure all readers of this thread these files are clean enough to eat off of, figuratively of course.

[edit on 3/29/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I appreciate the warnings and like some others want to complement you for writing with such intelligence and clarity. I am not sure why some of us seem to get such a bad feeling about this. This is ATS after all and your experiences and recordings are exactly the kind of thing we are here to read about and discuss. But somehow this one seems different although I have no idea why.

- PM

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

To the Op :

Is it possible you could convert the 4th EVP file to a lower bitrate to make it more manageable to download please?? Maybe convert to VBR (variable bitrate) 50-105/140 kbps. This will decrease the size significantly with no discernable loss in quality. At least I will be able to download it a little easier. Here in Indonesia the bandwidth is insignificant to everywhere else in the civilized world

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Apocalypse69

Done!

I originally converted 3 and 4 to a higher bitrate for quality because the recording quality had gotten better. As ATS is worldwide I neglected to account for bandwidth while downloading for people in other parts of the world. Per your request I have converted EVP Session 3 and 4 to the following:

MPEG Audio Layer-3 ACM, 44100 Hz, 128 kbps, joint stereo - VBR setting is off by default.

Here are the links:

EVP Session 3 (lowered bitrate) File size: 7.2 MB
EVP Session 4 (lowered bitrate) File size: 17.6 MB

Thank you for pointing that out!

Edit to include: File sizes

[edit on 3/29/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Terima Kasih

I can download it in 30 min or so

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Would someone PLEASE upload these to youtube already?? Plenty of us don't want to download the files in fear of them being a "virus" or "malware"...youtube...easy...fast...convenient. Come on already

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PeterGriffin

I concur and would be grateful to the individual who devoted their time to such a task, however I again stand firm on the safety of the files. They are not infected with anything!! I wouldn't concoct this whole experiment with the hidden agenda to infect a few ATS users with a virus or spyware, this line of thinking is absurd IMHO and should be stricken from the discussion.

However I agree with you on the youtube notion, I would love to see one of the ATS youtube gurus take on this venture.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Uber, I don't personally think anything is wrong with the files. I would like to hear them I will U2U. Youtube would REALLY help though....Can anyone help with this??

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
To reassure anyone that may still be concerned with the safety of the files available to download regardless of my adamant and firm stand on the issue.

The offer to email them to anyone that wants them still stands. I am using a Yahoo email account to email the files to those that have requested it, in which Yahoo virus scans all attachments I upload before they are sent. I'd also like to note that EVP Session 1 has been downloaded 18 times from the megaupload page with no reports of any issues by anyone other than what was made mention to prior in the thread.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I was just thinking, some of these voices that I have determined to be inaudible. Could they perhaps be a different language that I am unable to determine from just inaudible voices? Would be great if someone who was fluent in another language could perhaps give these a listen and see if they can hear someone speaking in different languages.

For anyone else that wants to give this a whirl, and being that the word "help" is so prevalent in these recordings, here are a few translations, although the pronunciation may be an issue as I am not fluent in any of these languages. I am going to go back and listen for these again and see if I can determine any possible similarities.

Spanish: ayuda
French: aider
German: Hilfe

I have heard quite a few different English accents and dialects which makes me wonder if it doesn't matter where you conduct a session, can anyone from anywhere get through? Meaning if I conducted this session in England would I get the same array of voices I would when I conducted the session here. Which now brings me to the question, is it my energy they're attracted to and not the location I am in?

These are just some additional thoughts I have been pondering.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Thank you very much for ACTUALLY posting the recordings. A lot of times you don't get that here.

You are very brave (in my mind anyway) to have done this more than one time. I dabbled in reverse speech recordings of myself once...once and now I can't listen to anything related to paranormal voice recordings without having to have a light on anywhere I go for the rest of the night. I go as far as not opening my eyes after turning off the bedroom light and stumbling to my bed haha!

Once again, thank you for coming through and sharing your experience ^_^.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

You are quite welcome, and thank you in return. I can understand your reserved feelings regarding the recordings. It has definitely opened my minds eye & ear that much wider.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeterGriffin
Would someone PLEASE upload these to youtube already?? Plenty of us don't want to download the files in fear of them being a "virus" or "malware"...youtube...easy...fast...convenient. Come on already

There is also a huge loss of quality from youtube too. It's ok guys, I downloaded the files, all of them, there's nothing there. Of course is you're dumb enough to click on all the ads maybe, but just get the files and go. They're clean.

Very interesting, I have heard of ghost box's over a year ago and have always wanted to try one out. It must give you goosebumps listening to your sessions, I get them even just thinking about ghosts and spirits!

I excitedly wait for future sessions!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeterGriffin

What is the obsession about viruses these days? I haven't used a virus scanner or firewall software since windows xp SP2 came out and offered firewall built into windows.

Just use a tiny bit of healthy reasoning and do not open .exe or other suspicious files. .mp3 .wav .jpg cannot contain viruses. Ok, they can in theory, some proof of concept ones have been made, but no real world infections have ever occured primarily due to the reason that the proof of concept ones are always highly specific and target a certain version of a certain program used to open them.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Very, very interesting.

Isn't this akin to some kind of electronic ouiji board?

Yes it is.

I would advise the OP to stay well clear of this in future and caution anyone else who wants to listen.

Just my opinion.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Are you suggesting we are opening ourselves up to something if we listen to them?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Yes.

Be careful.

Heres a snippet and link from a site I just googled that explains it better if you want more information...

EVP or Electronic Voice Phenomena to the believer are the voices of the unknown
caught on a recording device. To the non-believer they are just random noises, radio
transmissions or from other reached for explainable causes. Whether you believe or
not, what you are not told is that there are potential dangers involved when one listens
to such recordings.

Before you anxiously hit the play button and listen to any EVP on this website or from any
other source, including other forms of audio or video of the unknown, MPR would like to
take this time and let you know about the potential risks associated to playing such in
your home, work, and etc. Just like using an Ouija Board, Crystal Ball, Scrying Mirror or
any other device in hopes of making contact with the other side or the unknown there is
the same potential risks when listening or viewing such messages live or when played
back on various devices. Remember, we are dealing with the "unknown" and as such it
possesses potential "unknown dangers"

There have been reports that certain EVP's, including other audio or video of the
unknown, when played at a location can induce paranormal activity and/or possibly cause
the manifestation of an entity or activity which you may not desire. There is no 100%
proof of this out there, but we have received reports by various individuals which
support such speculation and theory.

With such potential, you need to understand the possible recourse of playing any EVP's
or any other captured audio and video of the unknown. If you already have a home or
are at a location which already has paranormal activity then playing certain audio or
video of the unknown may greatly increase the activity you have been experiencing and
if the audio or video of the unknown came from a negative source then you could
possibly allow such into your home and life by listening or viewing it.

As with anything paranormal we highly suggest that you take proper precautions before
listening or viewing such material. This would include psychological and/or faith
preparation with a prayer or similar ritual which your faith supports for the safety of
yourself and all in your home and then conduct the same or similar prayer or ritual after
listening.

Also, do not hesitate in using any protective icons which represent your faith or what
you have a strong belief in. This can be a piece of jewelry, gem stone, crystal, bag of dirt,
medallion, or even a tomato from your garden if you truly believe that it can protect you
from what you perceive as evil or negative. Never forget, the unknown does not have to
resort to physical attacks and it can get inside your mind and mentally or psychologically
en stow harm as well.

I would also suggest NOT to let children listen to or view such material and to use
headphones when possible to possibly minimize or prevent any potential adverse
effects.

If after listening to or viewing any audio or video of the unknown you or others with you
start to feel ill or experience adverse activity then please seek help from a faith
practitioner or experienced paranormal consultant.

Dangerous elements do exist within the paranormal realms which you may be involved
with. You or someone you know can become a victim to what you just have a curiosity
with.

www.paranormaltaskforce.com...

I dont dabble in things like this myself but I have heard of bad experiences.

The OP did put a warning at the start of the thread.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Uberleet, You sent me the files via email and asked me to respond to them. I hope it's ok to respond in this thread instead (it's easier for me).

I just listened to the two files, and that's some pretty weird stuff imo. However, I think it's too early to determine this is genuine EVP. I find it more likely to suggest that the voices are traces, or residue from other channels. It is also a bit uncertain to say that they actually answer your questions.

Oh and by the way folks, thanks for warning me about the fact that I just played with an auditory Oujia board...after I listened

With this mentioned, however, we come to my second point. If you want to rule out any possibilities of residual sounds from aother channel (police, army etc.), you should do it again. First, record without you speaking, so we can here a ' baseline'. Then, ask a simple question, multiple times and then compare the answers. Do this with a lot of different questions, repeatedly.
But seriously, if people here already got freaked out when they hear you want to try an Oujia board, I can only imagine what they will say to a much more concrete form of contacting another dimension/lifeform!

Just my two eurocents.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
thanx for the brilliant thread have been following it since your post on the other evp topic.

haven't listened to the recordings. but have been most satisfied with outher users descriptions so far

if i do it will be on an mp3 player on my mail round well away from my house.

this might be a possibility for futer experiments.
conduct them at a remote location.

will be looking out for further updates.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by -Thom-

With this mentioned, however, we come to my second point. If you want to rule out any possibilities of residual sounds from aother channel (police, army etc.), you should do it again. First, record without you speaking, so we can here a ' baseline'. Then, ask a simple question, multiple times and then compare the answers. Do this with a lot of different questions, repeatedly.

The original idea was to complete this experiment upon the standards of The Scientific Method:

• Ask a Question
  • Do Background Research
  • Construct a Hypothesis
  • Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment
  • Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion
  • Communicate Your Results

I feel I pretty much stuck to that throughout, except for when it came to having the actual conversation. This is where my organization took a tumble. My plan was to have similar baselines and control sessions to differentiate any possible EVP's from random and potential coincidental responses.

That was the plan until I clearly heard my name when I asked can someone say my name. From that point on during the sessions I stammered on like a kid giving his first speech in front of a crowd of people. I was spouting off everything at random with no organization whatsoever. I was and still am in awe of the whole thing and am still immensely intrigued.

I have been doing a lot of reading however, and still would love to continue these experiments. If/When I feel I am properly educated on the subject, but not until then. Maybe by then the shock will have worn off a bit and I will pick up where I left off but this time with a much more organized approach.

I have taken all the recommendations and advice from this thread into account and plan to utilize most if not all of the feedback from everyone who has given their two eurocents, americents, or whatever two cents was given.

Thank you for your input!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join