It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Discernibly Hear Dead People!! **Recordings Added, Pg. 2**

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Apocalypse69

Helps with the headache though

That's odd, I got a headache while listening to these too. While initially researching this whole thing I came across a little program that I thought may help me achieve the results I was after, I played with it but never actually ended up using it in the end experiment. It is called EVP Assistant v1.0 and is a little Flash based program that will generate White; Pink; Brown noise, Waterfall, and something called Spiricom. Well the Spiricom one comes with cautions, this is a few quotes from their website:

The Spriciom noise was taken from original recordings by George Meek and William O'Neil. Due to the frequency of this noise, we do not recommend listening to it for long periods of time. The Spiricom noise fades out then back in again every 30 seconds, this goes on continually for 30 minutes and was designed this way because the noise can be quite exhausting to listen to.

Caution
Listening to the types of noise included with EVP Assistant can be both exhausting and damaging to your health. If you are experiencing dizzyness, impaired vision or nausea whilst using EVP Assistant then please cease use of the program immediately.

I'm wondering if the recordings I made and the sounds they are producing have similar attributes?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

You raised a good point there. Why don't we hear any music?? Many words and voices but no music. If you were trawling through all stations and picking up snippets from each you would expect some fragments. But I didn't hear anything in EVP3 at all. Just words and short sentences.

Will you be posting any more EVP's??

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

For the time being no, like I said previously (in so many words), I heard what I needed to be convinced. The fact of the matter is I want to educate myself as much as I can before I conduct anymore sessions. The warnings that I have been given by certain individuals who are much more knowledgeable on this subject than I am I plan to heed. Once I feel confident that I can conduct these experiments without risk (which may or may not be an attainable goal) I may then pick up where I left off. I am fascinated by it to say the least, but I am also intelligent enough to not meddle in something that I know very little about.

I thank you for your thoughts, they are greatly appreciated.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I wonder why you say this (and also why you give warnings in previous posts)? Have you experienced anything negative from your research so far?

Aelf

Originally posted by UberL33t

For the time being no, like I said previously (in so many words), I heard what I needed to be convinced. The fact of the matter is I want to educate myself as much as I can before I conduct anymore sessions. The warnings that I have been given by certain individuals who are much more knowledgeable on this subject than I am I plan to heed. Once I feel confident that I can conduct these experiments without risk (which may or may not be an attainable goal) I may then pick up where I left off. I am fascinated by it to say the least, but I am also intelligent enough to not meddle in something that I know very little about.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelfrede
I wonder why you say this (and also why you give warnings in previous posts)? Have you experienced anything negative from your research so far?

Aelf

As another poster pointed out in my thread, unless you enjoy being haunted, don't do this at home. There is nothing like coming home from a hard day at work to find countless lost souls hanging out at your place like a drop in center. It can start to feel irritating.

Also, some of those free loaders may not exactly have your best interests at mind. That realm is diverse with all types of entities.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Makes me wonder whether we are haunting ourselves. If we "create" our own ghosts to haunt us. Maybe the voices we hear are from inside our heads and we can sometimes manifest them outside given the right circumstances. Belief.

Anyway I have experienced nothing untoward while listening to these EVP's and would be very surprised if I do

I'm disappointed you aren't going to continue with the experiment as I am intrigued, to say the least.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

I say this mainly because of correspondence I have been exchanging with a fellow ATS member.

In FlySolo's OP the post by xynephadyn initially made me raise a brow but didn't deter me from still wanting to proceed with my investigation.

As far as anything happening, I can't say that I witnessed any evidence of such. Aside from a slight headache, which could be due to the constant barrage of underlying static as I reviewed the sessions, nothing has been out of the ordinary that I can tell.

However, what did lead me to my decision was based solely on what I actually heard in these recordings. The majority of what I depicted to be fear, anger, sadness, confusion, and overall distress. That was enough for me to determine that the benefit of these experiments do not outweigh the potential risks involved as many who are educated in this subject have professed.

I feel confident that I am strong minded enough to recognize an attempted intrusion into my mind or soul or however it works. It's not my safety I am concerned with. What I can't be sure of however is other people's ability in my life, as well as the complete strangers that are reading this thread and the people's ability in their lives to recognize this. Hence the constant reminder of the warnings. Without going into detail, the people I have in my life (my family) are quite important to me and if I am in fact opening doors by conducting these sessions in my home and there is even the remote chance that I could inadvertently invite negative/evil through that door... Well I would just prefer not to have that on my conscience. Despite anyone's personal beliefs, I don't think any rational minded person would risk the safety of their family for an experiment.

This is why I won't continue until I can be assured I have taken the steps to prevent the latter.

[edit on 3/28/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I obviously respect your decision and understand the reasons why ..... buttt (there's always a but) as you are getting such spectacular results, it seems sad you are stopping.

Anyway good luck

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Very, very interesting.

Isn't this akin to some kind of electronic ouiji board?

Also, I remember reading this thread. I don't know whether it's related in any way as I haven't read over it again, but your experiments reminded me of it.

Tesla

I haven't listened to the recordings. To tell you the truth, I'd be too freaked out if I did actually hear any voices. However I'm stil intrigued and I'm content to just follow the thread at the moment.

It's as if (well this is how I imagine it anyway) that people have died and their spirits have wandered, perhaps aimlessly, in some other dimension/spirit plane, some have resigned themselves to this fact, others may not realise they are dead or are in a state of confusion and fear as to their situation.

If we are to accept that it is real and they are the voices of ghosts that you are hearing, then it would seem you have given them a way to communicate.....at least successfully. There might be spirits wandering all over the place talking and speaking yet we can't hear or see them.

There may be a chance you could end up communicating with someone or something with evil intentions or someone just plain angry.

It would be interesting if you made some more recordings, but I understand your caution. Nevertheless what you have done so far is certainly food for thought.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Also, I remember reading this thread. I don't know whether it's related in any way as I haven't read over it again, but your experiments reminded me of it.

Wow, it is pretty similar in nature, that is rather interesting. It appears as though Tesla may have been a tad off on the frequency though, because according to his quotes, it didn't appear as though he could make out specific phrases but heard what sounded like could be voices.

Thanks for adding that information!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
A little late night bump for all the paranormal night owls that are patrolling this forum. I want to expose this thread as much as I can because I believe this device is a technological advancement for paranormal research, ironically from a device collectively invented in the early 1900's no less.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
To the OP:

Scanning your conceptual wavelength I distinctly come up with the image of a TURTLE.

Perhaps a TURTLE is part of the key to your issue. Hope this is helpful.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Pray tell, what issue would that be?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Pray tell, what issue would that be?

Issue, topic, general field of investigation, etc. Hope this makes some sort of sense.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I will say a vague sense. I'm trying to compare the relation to the characteristics a turtle possess in correlation to the experiment and my after thoughts. Which is, if I am not mistaken, where you're going with this.

Off the top, turtles have a protective shell (this makes sense as I feel I am not susceptible to the dangers that I have been warned of). Their ability to enclose themselves within that protective shell (similar to the latter). Lastly, they're slow and meandering creatures (similar to how I live my life, not in a lazy unintelligent way, but more stop and smell the flowers way).

Am I close?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I will say a vague sense. I'm trying to compare the relation to the characteristics a turtle possess in correlation to the experiment and my after thoughts. Which is, if I am not mistaken, where you're going with this.

Off the top, turtles have a protective shell (this makes sense as I feel I am not susceptible to the dangers that I have been warned of). Their ability to enclose themselves within that protective shell (similar to the latter). Lastly, they're slow and meandering creatures (similar to how I live my life, not in a lazy unintelligent way, but more stop and smell the flowers way).

Am I close?

Yes, I think that kind of analogic reasoning will take you places. But I can't be sure because I'm winging it on vibes/intuition here. I just got that image; what you can make of it is ultimately up to you.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Well I thank you for your insight and intuition. I will explore this further, and by all means, if you pick up anything additional let me know. Be safe!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I continue to be extremely impressed by this thread -- by the way the OP has presented everything and offered the results of his experiments so openly -- by the obvious intelligence of the OP and of those who've responded -- by the clarity and lack of sensationalism -- and by the caution and respect demonstrated throughout, by all concerned

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

That is very thoughtful of you. Thank you. I as well appreciate your, as well as everyone's, contribution to this thread regardless of their view, it is greatly appreciated.

UberL33t

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
I'm done with your EVPs.

I tried to download it on that link you provided and got one of those "fake virus scanner" Trojans that screw up the computer. Spent the next 30 minutes removing it.

Then I ran upstairs to get something and slipped on the final stair and now I'm pretty sure I broke my big toe.

There is something unholy going on with your EVPs.

Could just be coincidence though.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by DJM8507]

IMHO you should take heed of these events. My guess is this is serious stuff that is not meant for everyone. I had some similar events occur and decided to continue to read the thread but not to download the recordings.

- PM

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join