It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warner Brothers Banks On The Rapture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It seems a lot of people are talking about The Rapture. I was just poking around and I figured I would share some info. I think Warner Brothers are really trying to either promote fear of straight up bank from it. Or maybe a combination of both for that matter. Anyway, yeah new movie The Rapture about end times is set to release next year, right before 2012.

What do you think? Hollywood propaganda to condition and prepare or to bank off fear? Notice it is about an apocalyptic earthquake.

The Rapture
In Movie Theaters: TBA 2011 ()
Starring:
more credits —
Distributed by: Warner Bros. Pictures
Genres: Drama Action Thriller

Synopsis: A peculiar young girl with the ability to predict natural disasters teams with her psychologist and a physicist to stop an offshore drilling project off the coast of Florida that the girl is convinced will cause an apocalyptic earthquake.

Additional Notes: Based on a novel by Liz Jensen.

The Rapture 2011

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Smell The Roses]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I think it's an idea for a movie that is shocking and will draw in the audiences. Like every single other disaster movie since movies began. And books before that.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This is exactly what the world needs, ANOTHER movie of how drilling for oil causes earthquakes destroying the world.

What is this like the 100th!!! Movie they've made about this? Do they get 20% off props when they make this many?

Edit to add:

I'm gonna go ahead and guess the ending.

The scientist are portrayed as bad greedy people saying that nothing will happen if they dig as the psychologist and pretentious girl and physicist try to stop them, Things start going bad locally due to the drilling but they all three come up with a plan to save the world...... The end.

Is it sad that I already want a refund for this movie?

Here's a short list I'll put together.

www.imdb.com...

www.sonypictures.com...

www.imdb.com...

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Republican08]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

What do you think? Hollywood propaganda to condition and prepare or to bank off fear? Notice it is about an apocalyptic earthquake.

geez, another one !!!!
I just got over the movie 2012
it must be a rerun with a religious twist
cuz if I'm not mistaken 2012 was about
earthquakes as well.

Sounds to me like they're just cashing
in on a phenomenon just like those
UFO tourist traps around Area 51.

Maybe they should do a documentary to show
just how many ways the earth can be destroyed.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
This is exactly what the world needs, ANOTHER movie of how drilling for oil causes earthquakes destroying the world.

Yeah and in Armageddon with Bruce Willis the Oil drillers were the heroes. Remember they happened to have the exact knowledge needed to stop Armageddon from happening.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses

Originally posted by Republican08

Yeah and in Armageddon with Bruce Willis the Oil drillers were the heroes. Remember they happened to have the exact knowledge needed to stop Armageddon from happening.

How could I forget!!

Yes but in real life, they would've killed us all using those tactics!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

My vote is that they're doing it for the cabbage. You should know that hollywood will do ANYTHING for a buck. Especially if it promotes their belief system that we should all have because they are so much smarter than the rest of us.

Since when does a person who is good at 'pretending' think it gives them reason to flap their mouth? Are you listening Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, et al?

[edit on 26-3-2010 by AwakeinNM]

new topics

top topics

join