It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sooner Than We Thought??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Life On Mars

[Edited on 4-3-2003 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I wonder if they will disclose what they discover, if anything.

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I believe NASA has totally discredited itself through its own actions. I personally cannot trust anything that they put out anymore. If they make any claims, I would have to see it corroborated by an independent authority to even begin to believe them.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
if we searched hard enough we could probably find some kind of life on every planet in our system.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
...Another question remains about whether or not we would actually *recognize* a life form that goes beyond our understanding...

For example, some sci-fi authors have postulated a form of life based upon silicone (all known earth-life being based upon carbon)...Would we even be capable of *detecting* signs of life in such a being?

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Back in the 1980s, the Russians performed an experiment (some will probably think it inhumane, but these were the old cold war russians).

They created a large chamber and just about perfectly recreated the Martian environment, correct in temperature, atmospheric composition, pressure, lighting, ect. Then they would introduce various terrestrial life forms into it. These included cats, dogs, birds, reptiles, snakes, insects, ect. Not surprisingly, most of the higher order animals died immediately. However, surprisingly, some survived for extended periods, and some seemed to thrive there quite well. Those that had extended survival time were some lizards and snakes, and insects and various plant life thrived there.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hehe... Interesting stuff though...

top topics

join