It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Warns of "Unprecedented Nuclear Strikes"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

North Korea Warns of "Unprecedented Nuclear Strikes"

www.google.com

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea's military warned South Korea and the United States on Friday of "unprecedented nuclear strikes" over a report the two countries plan to prepare for possible instability in the totalitarian country.

The North routinely issues such warnings and officials in Seoul and Washington react calmly. Diplomats in South Korea and the U.S. instead have repeatedly called on Pyongyang to return to international negotiations aimed at ending its nuclear programs.

"Those who seek to bring down the system in the (North), whether they play a main role or a passive rol
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Just saw this news. More sabre-rattling or is North Korea for real? I hate seeing any headline in the news with the word "nuclear" in it, even if it's just an empty threat.

Sorry if this is a repost already, but the news just broke and I didn't see any threads about it...

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Diplomat]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Fear tactics from the mainstream media.

probably preparing us for a false flag nuke.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Now this is a nice post

S@F.... not that it's "nice" but good information

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Yes, an empty threat coming from a country led by a dying, "crazy" dictator.

I hope they try something so we can show the baby who he's threatening. Those poor Koreans who have to live under his rule, my heart goes out to them.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
We should bomb IRAN now!!!

Who cares about N.Korea. IRan Iran IRan!!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I just wonder if China encourages Lil Kim to act out in order to, hmmm, maybe keep our eyes looking at the crazy asian dictator, while China slowly and in full view builds it's military bigger and better...???

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
Fear tactics from the mainstream media.

probably preparing us for a false flag nuke.

Think to yourself how many times you've said something like that.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I don't feel threatened by North Korea! Do you? Do they plan on taking over the world? I doubt it!

See if anyone, on a diplomatic level, even responds to this type of threat they are merely adding to the contention.
Think about what happens in a school yard...

... when a smaller child feels threatened they are more likely to become aggressive in a vain attempt to scare off their threat. The sometimes unfortunate ending is that he gets a flogging and goes home crying...

Now in this scenario who do you picture as the small child? North Korea or South Korea with his big ass croney standing behind him...?

Does the USA ever get tired of the bullying?

[edit on 25/3/10 by spearhead]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
oops.... double ups for lucks...

[edit on 25/3/10 by spearhead]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Does anyone here know how the N Korean people actually feel about these statements? I know if my government kept putting them out I'd be worried and freaking out about what other people might try to do to us.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by VintageEnvy

There was a video posted on youtube or google that showed the North Korean people pretty near worshiping there leader . They view them as gods .

This is most likely do to fear or severe brain washing .

Hmmm come to think of it I can never remember hearing about any type of civil unrest in the North .

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Thank you for the quick reply, every time I see one of these threads I just wonder how his people are feeling about what he's saying. I wonder if the popularity of twitter and things like that will maybe give rise to a trickle of information from opposing citizens coming out of there.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy
Does anyone here know how the N Korean people actually feel about these statements? I know if my government kept putting them out I'd be worried and freaking out about what other people might try to do to us.

The North Korean people are brainwashed. They think Kim created the world, they think they're the most powerful country on earth.

Edit: It seems Max_TO got there first!

[edit on 26-3-2010 by heyJude]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by VintageEnvy

From my understanding, the people of North Korea don't really have a clue what is going on in the world around them. They are told only what Kim Jong-Il wants them to know which is mostly lies.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Hi,

I am an American living in South Korea now. I have been living here for about 2 years now.

My experience in the states has showed me that every time North Korea makes threats, it's broadcast and published in many U.S. media outlets. Many people discuss it and some are afraid of what might happen with North Korea's nuclear abilities.

Now here in South Korea, no one even bats an eye. They just don't care. They have no interest in what the North does and usually begin to laugh everytime I bring something up I heard on the news. The South does have access to the same news sources we do in the states. I find it interesting that the U.S. has more interest in what the North may do than it's probable first target, South Korea.

We are sitting ducks under their artillery. But the same goes for them under South Korea's artillery and the U.S. air force. Also, if North Korea did have nuclear capabilities that could reach the U.S., it would be a disaster. However, the country would be destroyed in a day. North Korea is not going to risk it unless they were actually invaded. They would have nothing to gain, except reunification with South Korea (which they don't really seem to want).

[edit on 26-3-2010 by superbear]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
North Korea are a very poor, desperate nation who are sanctioned up to their eyeballs. If they ever launched a strike on South Korea or Japan they would be bombed to oblivion.

There is not much to gain for the West to bomb them either. If there was, we would have gone in ages ago.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Take a deep breath.

Take your Ritalin pill.

Now what were you saying?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Kim Jong Il is a master at trying to present him as a bigger person then the world thinks he is. to be. There is a video on youtube that discuses how Kim Jong Il asked a Japanese coked what he thinned of him having nuclear weapons. He said that since the WW2 he didn't agree with North Korea having these weapons. Then Kim Jong Ill got angry with him and he said "If I don't have these weapons the U.S will invade us."
The Japanese chef talks about North Korea's nuclear arms at 5:40

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Here's the link to the video. I don't know why it's not letting me edit the link.www.youtube.com... The part is at 5:40

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join