It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the world going to end? Yes.. and no.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I apologise for the thread title, i had trouble thinking one up. I think this thread is different from most if not all the others. Is the world going to end? Yes.. for humans eventually but not any time soon.

- Its going to go tits up for many humans soon, it has been for some time now in many ways but i'll touch on that later.

- Why is this "OMG the worlds going to end in 2012" thing so big? Because its an elaborate theory that has been changed into a massive fictional movie package but i'll touch on that later.

- Whats actually meant to happen? Some solar storms? It could have some destruction.. no electricity at worst? Not the end of the world. Maybe the crippling of social order but i'll touch on that later.

- One world government is going to happen one way or another way before humans are if ever wiped out. I'll touch on that later.

Whats been going tits up? Many things. Social order. Theres thugs, gangs, murderers rapists pretty much anywhere you go. Drug taking is at insanely high levels even at youth. Extremism is getting bigger and bigger and who can blame them? Governments are more of a terror threat than who they lead people to belive are the "Baddies". All the stuff in the middle east has been getting out of hand and is going to kick off eventually. America will have civil war on their hands eventually and many countrys will follow. Wars will break out. But will Human life end? No.

What else has been going tits up? Natural disasters. Each year tends to favour a different "Natural" disaster it seems. Theres a lot evidence to suggest that governments have weather controlling technology. Patents and funded research and such but thats not what this thread is about. Mother nature is bound to kick off more and more eventually anyway. That volcanoe in iceland might go off. America might have devastating earthquakes. The list is countless. But humans won't die off just yet.

We've been around for a long time but compared to the earth and the universe not a long time at all. The mayans never said the world is going to end, they say we enter a new age and the most thats going to happen is we get a few days without sun. Even though it might have some effects its not the end of the world. Why has 2012 been overhyped? Because its a great film genre and they can make a LOT of money off it. Now don’t get me wrong i think the film is epic but its fiction. Fantasy if anything.
Riots and civil wars will boom in america eventually, Nuclear weapons will be used eventually, Wars will break out eventually, martial law will be enforced eventually, One government will rule eventually, Man kind will become extinct eventually. But not any time soon. Theres a lot more instore for humans, so fasten your seatbelts.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by TechUnique]

[edit on 25-3-2010 by TechUnique]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Cool thread.

I view this stuff two ways.

In the life span of the earth, humans have only been around for about a spec of time, compared to all living things. Translate that into one persons lifetime, *blink*.

Are we so arrogant to think that in our generation it will end? All because of something someone said in their panic of realization of how infinitesimal we are??

On the flip side, if doom is headed our way in our lifetimes...are we so arrogant as to believe it isn't our own fault.

Either way, my life here is *blink*. Sure, worrying about tomorrow is a safe bet. Living for today, makes my *blink* enjoyable.

Whatever happens, I have faith in humans ability to adapt. If that fails...

Our extinction won't matter in the grand scheme of everything.

Will it?

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Demoncreeper]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
No, the world won't end... it'll be here long after we're gone. This isn't saying we're doomed to extinction, either; we are a resilient race, obsessed with our own individualistic survival tendencies.

With that said, I would like to restate: the world won't end, but civilization will fail. When the electronic grid is shut down, people will resort to chaos or anarchy; there will be those few who will survive and get by, but for the vast majority, it will truly seem as if their world has ended. Chances are, the "poor" third world nations and natives will come out ahead.

And I do agree, we'll just be entering a new age... too bad that is associated with massive destruction.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
First the 2012 movie. The theories about the Mayans and 2012 have been "mainstream" since the 1970's. By mainstream, I mean people were writing books and talking about it. Maybe not everyone, but then we didn't have the internet and we couldn't spread the word very quickly. It could be the Hollywood hysteria that ramped up the 2012 frenzy, or it could be the easy access to information and the fact that we are fast approaching that all important (or unimportant) date.

Do I think the world will end or we will go through a "cosmic awakening?" Probably not. Humans hope and pray everyday for a sign, a calling, whatever you want to call it. Others believe they need to outfit a bunker because the bombs are falling soon. Sometimes these groups overlap. But what is consistent throughout is the need for an event. The hope that they are important, that they are a witness, and that they will somehow survive and be able to tell this ultimate story around the bonfire. Maybe they even get to write a gospel about it. It's the need to feel special.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

the world won't end, but civilization will fail. When the electronic grid is shut down, people will resort to chaos or anarchy; there will be those few who will survive and get by, but for the vast majority, it will truly seem as if their world has ended. Chances are, the "poor" third world nations and natives will come out ahead.

What better way to weed out the weak, the ones best suited for depopulation? (note the sarcasm)

I think that's probably how they'll take out a great deal of the human race... simply take away their toys and fast food. Then sit back, and watch them hack each other into bits.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Humans are survivors , we have many wars to fight yet. And the earth many more still.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Theres thugs, gangs, murderers rapists pretty much anywhere you go. Drug taking is at insanely high levels even at youth.

You know why? They are sick of the world that they see around them. Now, there are no excuses for the rapists.... That I will give you. The rapists are the bottom of the barrel. When they go to prison, they do not last long.

However, the gangs, murderers and drug abusers are all signs of people who are tired of what is going on in the world. Gangs are for people who feel alienated. There is not any sense of community in this world anymore, so, they turn to gangs for that. Murderers, not all, but many do what they do to cause change through violence. Drug abusers, well, it's common knowledge that drugs are an escape from all of it.

Now, with all of that being said, to some extent I agree with you. The Western view of 2012 is completely contrary to what the Mayan elders tell us about the end of the calendar 2012. Why? Well, we, Western culture, has this "doom and gloom" mentality.

Now, I will say this, yeah, things are going to go "tits up" for many people. Who will it go "tits up" for? Those who are unable or unwilling to change or adapt... If one can not change with the changing of the times, one is not going to make it. It's really that simple. The old guard, or if you prefer ways, is dying. You either accept it, or you don't. If you don't, then there will be a consequence.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
heres an idea we loose the power grid planet wide people don't freak out they actually get together and help each other (remember 2003 blackout) it wasn't that bad i actually got to know my neigbors we had no power and we dealt. we fed each other because our fridges were defrosting shared drinks and bbq. made the best of it no doom and gloom. that is the strength of us humans we adapt to each and any situation. the world doesn't end just changes. how we treat each other. instead of me me me me. we we we. help a stranger will be the mantra and maybe if we all say please we get et help in rebuilding a new free energy power grid
just an idea one i have not heard regarding 2012

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

That is exactly what the universal mind has planned. So, come hail or highwater, it will happen. The universal mind has decided, "Ok, so you don't want to listen? I/we will make you listen."

People just need to realize that it WILL BE OK..........

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Yep, we are just entering a new age.

Probably another dark age, it seems that way.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

MMMMM, well, that is entirely up to us. If we choose to allow Islamic and Christian fundamentalism to be the order of the day, then yes.....

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

MMMMM, well, that is entirely up to us. If we choose to allow Islamic and Christian fundamentalism to be the order of the day, then yes.....

No matter whos in charge its going to be dark in my opinion.

Whether it gets better or not is more of an issue i think.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Wiping out fish populations, bees disappearing. Big changes have to happen if they don't want to reduce the population.

top topics

join