It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams: Subconscieous Stress Relief, or Divine Message?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Unconscious....how do you thats actually what it is???

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I tend to think it can be both also...but what about this...lately I've been having dreams about people I don't even know. Nothing odd or irregular in the dreams, except normally I dream about myself or at least someone I know...so what does it mean to have dreams about people you've never seen?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I meant to say:

Unconscious....how do you know thats actually what it is??? (opinion maybe)

The unknown people are either unconscious or something else I guess...

How do you edit a post by the way...?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Click on the little "edit" button

But don't edit mine

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by junknewsie]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
WEll...I believe the bible when it says that God speaks to people in dreams...and some he speaks face to face (moses).
Paul was warned in a dream. Joseph was shown a dream to show him the future.`

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I am of the opinion that dreams are all sorts of things.

We know that dreams are a physical need for the body. Without REM we would die. Dreams are a stress release for the body and mind. For many people, they are a way to work through a problem. Learning how to read what symbols your mind uses in dreams can tell a person a lot.

I have had shared dreams. I dream something that another person dreams at the exact same time. We are in each others dreams. This has happened about a dozen times. Some with my mother, some with my husband, some with my daughter, and one with the neighbor.

I have had a few dreams where I was in a place observing and participating in something, and then when I woke up and watched the news, they were discussing an incident that matched my dream. For instance, I dreamed I was sitting in an airplane and it was struck by lightening and I felt the terror of the people as the plane was going down. I even saw someone about three rows up turn around and look at me. It was very vivid.

Dreams can connect you with God. As someone pointed out the bible tells of dreams of prophecy for Daniel and Joseph, etc.

I am of the opinion dreams have many different uses for us and we only know of a small portion of them.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Personally, i find dreams a relatively easy source to obtain answers to mundane questions. Depending on the complexity of the question, it can take one to several nights for something straightforward relating to your everyday life and maybe months to a year for something that's not so simple.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
How about very vivid lucid dreaming then? The conscious dream state

Or are you mainly talking about the subconscious state of dreaming?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't think it makes a difference. I don't get that many lucid dreams. Most of the time for me the problem solving process takes place during ordinary dreaming & it's not necessary to remember the dream as long as you wake up with the solution.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
boaznj: God never spoke with Moses face to face. The most he ever showed any human was his backside, and only that for a fleeting moment.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Usually my dreams are incoherent, symbolic mirrors of events in my waking life, but there have been times I've dreamt events that later happened to the smallest detail (years later, in two particular instances). Perhaps some "deja vu" experiences can be attributed to dreams I don't remember, but I can't be sure of this. Then there are dreams where I become aware of certain symbols or themes that scream IMPORTANT, and these tend to provide guidance with problems I'm having at the time.

One time I dreamt the most wonderful screenplay, but I fell back to sleep and forgot all about it!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
That's happens to me a lot too. I also think of amazing plot sequences that I think could easily be turned into a movie/book/etc. When I do think of them I go over how awesome they were while I'm still half-asleep...and then I forget them.
Anyone ever try conscious dreaming, where lets say they will be in a nightmare and they gain superhuman powers to overcome evil. For example, some ghoul is chasing you and you're like wait, why am I running, and you then you pounce on the ghoul...those are the best.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join