It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I know whats killing the bees

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Found this article that was written back in 07, about a similar theory to the OP's.

www.independent.co.uk...

It seems like the plot of a particularly far-fetched horror film. But some scientists suggest that our love of the mobile phone could cause massive food shortages, as the world's harvests fail.

They are putting forward the theory that radiation given off by mobile phones and other hi-tech gadgets is a possible answer to one of the more bizarre mysteries ever to happen in the natural world - the abrupt disappearance of the bees that pollinate crops. Late last week, some bee-keepers claimed that the phenomenon - which started in the US, then spread to continental Europe - was beginning to hit Britain as well.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
www.evbooks.net...
sorry here's the url to my last post. I hope it goes through this time. New at this

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I remember reading a while back, on how electro magnetic signals disrupt the bees tracking senses. They normally follow the earths electro magnetic lines when they travel to and from their hives. So this may be a double whammy on them, as the earths magnetic field has been fluctuating and changing as of the last few years. And now on top of this, we are seeing an ever increasing number of microwave stations being built around the country. Bees have no defence for this. I don`t believe they will ALL die off, but the vast majority of them will. They may be able to adapt to the earth changes, but with the added microwave signals throwing them off, i very much doubt it. And how many would give up their cell phones for the bees?

[edit on 26-3-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FORMe2p00p0n

Very interesting, probably the most plausible explanation I've heard so far. I definitely makes a lot of sense and can easily be confirmed. Thank you for sharing this with us, S&F.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
I can understand how you came to this theory... it’s a good one... However, i do not think believe that it is caused by these networks...

As Horza explained, the bee population in Oz is fine and they have the same networks as the rest of the word.

Well, no Oz does not have the same network as everyone else. The U.S. has CDMA primarily, made by Qualcomm in San Diego. Much of the rest of the world uses GSM, which is a completely different system with different frequencies. It could be that it is CDMA that is the culprit.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by downisreallyup]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

wasnt it einstein that said something along the lines of "when the worlds bee's disappear man will only have 3 years left to live"

Pollinators are important for many crops, but it is a myth that humanity would starve without bees.

About 70 per cent of the 115 most productive crops, including most fruits and oilseeds, are animal-pollinated. These account for nearly 2.5 billion tonnes of food a year, about a third of global agricultural production. However, few of these crops depend on animal pollination completely, owing largely to their capacity for self-pollination.

On top of that, production of many staple foods does not depend on pollinators at all: carbohydrate crops such as wheat, rice and corn are wind-pollinated or self-pollinated. If bees disappeared altogether, global agricultural production would decrease by only 4 to 6 per cent.

What of pollinator decline? Claims of global bee disappearance are based on collections of (often extreme) regional examples, which are not necessarily representative of global trends. These examples tend to come from parts of Europe and North America where little natural or semi-natural habitat remains.

Stocks of domesticated honeybees, the most important crop pollinator of all, have also decreased considerably in the US and some European countries in recent decades. However, these declines have been more than offset by strong increases in Asia, Latin America and Africa. Indeed, the number of managed honeybee hives worldwide has increased by about 45 per cent in the past five decades.

There have also been scare stories about "colony collapse disorder" and the spread of Varroa mites in the US and Europe. Again, these are real phenomena, but they are short-term blips rather than the driving forces of long-term trends. Instead, the long-term declines seem to be consistent with the economic dynamics of the honey industry, which seems to be shifting to developing countries in search of cheaper production.

Finally, does a low abundance of pollinators significantly affect agricultural productivity? It is true that a lack of pollinators, especially bees, can limit the yield of many crops and wild plants. It is also true that the yields of many pollinator-dependent crops have grown more slowly than that of most non-dependent crops. However, contrary to what we would expect if pollinators were in decline, the average yield of pollinator-dependent crops has increased steadily during recent decades, as have those of non-dependent crops,with no sign of slowing.

Overall,we must conclude that claims of a global crisis in agricultural pollination are untrue.

Pollination problems may be looming, though.Total global agricultural production has kept pace with the doubling of the human population during the past five decades, but the small proportion of this that depends on pollinators has quadrupled during the same period. This includes luxury foods such as raspberries, cherries, mangoes and cashew nuts. The increased production of these crops has been achieved, in part, by a 25 per cent increase in cultivated area in response to increased demand for them.

This expansion may be straining global pollination capacity, for two reasons. Demand for pollination services has grown faster than the stock of domestic honeybees, and the associated land clearance has destroyed much of the natural habitat of wild pollinators.

The accelerating increase of pollinator-dependent crops therefore has the potential to trigger future problems both for these crops and wild plants. These problems may grow as decreasing yields of raspberries, cherries and the rest prompt higher prices, stimulating yet more expansion of cultivation. So although the current pollination crisis is largely mythical, we may soon have a real one on our hands

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Bee deaths

The bee theory is based on Chaos theory, since any relatively small action can cause a reaction in ways that cannot be easily foreseen. The bee theory speculates that recent erratic behavior patterns of honey bee populations in the USA and Europe could cause a chain reaction that would eventually eliminate the agricultural model being used by the first world, bringing chaos, wars, famine and destruction in the coming years.

Science behind it

As is well known, bees are extremely social creatures and are very fond of living in colonies. As in any bureaucracy there must be certain individuals in a management position.

The job of the Queen is to make more bees. The other members of the colony obey, feed and protect her. Without the Queen bee the colony goes out of control and the rest of the bees have no idea what to do. Another characteristic of the Queen is that once she is settled in one colony, she will not move, even if it means the end of their society.

For some 15 years now bees have been acting in a strange way in Europe and in the US. They have been literally flying away to die. Some experts explain this as a manifestation of stress; others are suggesting the theory in which changes in magnetic resonance are affecting the perception of the communications system bees use, directing them to fly off to extremely distant locations, or not assigning an adequate amount of worker bees to maintain the Queen bee's needs, causing the death of the Queen bee.

With the Queen bee dead the colony cannot survive. If this was a couple of cases, or an isolated scenario, then there would be no worries on the subject, but the problem is that these changes and the constant proliferation of pesticides are decimating not only the numbers of insects in general, but specifically honey bees.

They are a major factor in the agricultural economy, not only for apiculturists (bee keepers), but also for agriculture in general. Apiculture is an important business, since for ages honey has been a staple in human consumption and is needed in food preparation. But the benefits of apiculture do not only derive from the commercialization of honey itself, but also from the effect honey bees have on agriculture in general.

Insects, as well as wind and animals are crucial for the pollination needed for plant reproduction. Sharply declining bee populations deter crop production in the USA and Europe. The Apiculture is not as big a factor in third world countries, but the impact would be felt nonetheless.

A sharp decrease in bee population would affect crop reproduction, food production, the lumber industry, and any other plant byproduct that could be greatly reduced. The lack of food and lumber could easily bring chaos to our society if a solution is not worked out in time. The impact of the lack of honey bees would also mean that the apiculture business and related ones would simply disappear.

Should we worry

Considering the effect this decline in bees could have on our world, we should be very worried.
Worst case scenario

Complete chaos could ensue due to the effects of sharply reduced crop yields deficit, bringing down the economy in general and society at large. The exportation of food and other products from USA could go down steeply. Entire regions could experience famine.

The imbalance of food and resources could cause producer countries to stop exporting since they would need to focus on satisfying their own population's food needs. The desperate need for supplies and food could bring the worst out of people, as we have seen many times when there have been riots in which people attacked supply sources, using violence to satisfy basic needs.

At some moment the embargoes and decisions to hoard food and supplies could bring neighboring countries to attach one another, as a way to obtain the resources needed. Food rationing could be a common sight in this scenario, and the death count would not only include the people who die of famine, but also those who die to obtain resources for their families.

Eventually, matters could really get out of hand and countries could resort to extreme measures such as eradicating entire populations just to be able to feed the hungry. Ironically, this could either end life as we know it, or it could bring about a new, different balance in wealth, where the powerful control the crops, and not necessarily rare metals, oil, or even water.

Best case scenario

If the decline in apicultural production raises enough concern in the general population to call attention to this problem before it results in any great decrease in production, all harm could be minimized, and even avoided.

Advice

The production in vitro plants, bio technology and genetic engineering could replace the need for an abundant bee population. In this way the danger could be averted if action is taken very soon.

Also, the pattern of the wandering suicidal bees could be eliminated through natural selection, or bio engineering and artificial selection of efficient "races" of honey bees. Effective rationing of resources might have to be implemented until a solution is found and put into practice.

source

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by smarteye

Please see my previous post for the facts. I love your source 2012theories lol. Always good to start the morning with a smile.

Peace

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Great post! I agree that wireless signals have an effect on the organism called Earth. I had no idea it would be this bad, that bees could literally flock to these transmitters.

Whales depend on sonar frequencies to communicate and it disturbs them when ships transmit sonar frequencies as well, allegedly causing them to beach themselves.

If this is true, then wireless transmitters should be banned until it is made safe.

The survival of the human race could depend on it, or at least these who live in countries where wireless transmitter technology is heavily used.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Dogdamnit, now I can't sleep.... I have been doing discussion & research like mad (or just plain sick in the head).... I'm loving all the posts by the way... especially the OUR FAULT ones

I'm starting with the Vancouver bees story, beeing (pun intended) that is nice and recent, hardly any changine of info by slimey little companies..... or something

Here's an ATS post on it (also first saw it on earthfiles)

March 10, 2010 - 90% Die-Off of Commercial Honey Bees

Ok this story came out on March 10, 2010 about recent event of 90% of bees being LOST (exact date(s) to be determined). Now lets see what was going on with networks just before that time..... -tap-tap-tap- oh.... -tap-tap-tap- wait.....

Canada 4G in Vancouver
By 4G Phones on February 24, 2010
The first 4G phone network in Canada will launch in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Craig Wireless says the Vancouver 4G network will start as a data only service but that it expects to be selling 4G phones by the end of the year.
The Canada network will be extended to Winnipeg later this year – along with increased coverage throughout Vancouver, Vancouver Island and the interior of British Columbia.

SOURCE

Well if I understand this correctly on Feb. 24 they said 4g will launch in Vancouver (will? meaning they have it pretty much installed and are working the kinks out with alignment/last couple dishes to install/programing?). To me that sounds like a conservative 75% up and running.... and what happens within weeks.....

......and on to something else......

Millions of Bees Die - Are Electromagnetic Signals To Blame?

Disoriented bees? Ah, well this is a possibility. But what would make them disoriented? Perhaps it is the 250 HZ signals being pumped out of GWEN stations all over America. This signal makes people angry, so that they support the administrations idea of going after Iran and violence in general. It works great for mass manipulation of opinion. Unfortunately, the same signal will induce a misdirection of up to 10 degrees in the navigation ability of the honeybee. They go away from the hive and never come back because they can no longer find it.

but how did the military find out about this

THE EFFECTS OF MICROWAVES ON ANIMAL OPERANT BEHAVIOR

Fleet personnel are frequently exposed to microwave irradiation produced by various weapons systems and communication devices. Microwave irradiation has been shown to cause behavioral effects in non-human animals and may cause behavioral changes in humans. In order better to generalize from animals to humans several different sized animals of different species should be used as subjects. This report summarizes the findings of behavioral experiments that are part of an interdisciplinary effort whose final goal is to document the biological effects of microwaves of animals, extrapolate these to man, and then propose exposure standards for fleet personnel. Rats, squirrel monkeys, and rhesus monkeys trained to respond on operant behavioral tasks and then exposed to microwaves produce data suggestive of a possible extrapolation to humans in similar situations. The data indicate that the behavioral effects are dependent upon an animal's reaction to thermogenous energy. Even when an animal's performance on an operant task involved relearning the task daily, the disruption of performance was still dependent upon the animal's reaction to total absorbed microwave induced heat and/or the distribution of that heat.

.....Oh wait GWEN & the military probably deserves their own thread...

i

[edit on 26-3-2010 by FORMe2p00p0n]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I think it's basic commonsense to seriously look at technology that has recently been introduced into society around the same time the bee population started to take a dive. I would bet that it's pretty well known to the NWO. Again, if the NWO (Jesuits) is expecting an epoch to occur (like a pole shift Armageddon) and expecting it to occur real soon (2012) or planning to create it (Anglo Saxon Agenda), then they don't care about the short term loss of bees. The towers, would be temporary and the profits would be the goal, funneled like everything else towards survival efforts for these bad guys.

It may even been that homing signals are specifically issued by the towers to attract the little guys like a moth to a light to facilitate killing of people for the profiteering (insurance). It could be that the whole situation of good bag guys and bad bad guys has more to do with payouts then anything else. Perhaps the people on the tower site want to kill of humanity to collect on the bonds, insurance associate and the good bad guys want to all info and the internet to survive so they don't have to pay up. Perhaps there's no humanity on either side it's just greed versus greed.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuatha Dé Danann
reply to post by smarteye

Please see my previous post for the facts. I love your source 2012theories lol. Always good to start the morning with a smile.

Peace

I thought it offered some incite into the potential severe consequences of the honeybee situation. Further it offers reasons as to why certain powers may not address the crisis unfolding. That being the immediate demand for an alternative to honeybee pollination. Who ever would control this new resource could demand quite a bit from the world.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

wasnt it einstein that said something along the lines of "when the worlds bee's disappear man will only have 3 years left to live"

I don't agree, there are other insects doing that job too (and even the wind is pollinating the plants)... for example, my brother in law works in a huge greenhouse growing tomatoes, they buy and use bumble bees for pollination...

There are roughly 200000 varieties of animal pollinators in the wild, most of which are insects.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 26-3-2010 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I come from agriculture and the following article makes a good deal of sense. because of commericial Agriculture this is focus on secular crops. Creating an environ where the bee has only one option for its' practices is most overwhelming. I concur with the research on Mghz of frequency with cell/radio etc. yet, don't leave out the basic, basic routine of the bee.
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

hehe very funny,suddenly hope you were kidding though
=

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
maybe the bee's have woken up and realized that they are being used as slaves to pollinate human crops and make honey. maybe they are so sick of it that they are committing 'harakiri'. lol who knows maybe the human race is so repugnant that nothing else on this planet can bare to live with us. modern man truly is a virus on this planet. we do nothing but consume and destroy.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

I agree. the problem with the worlds bees is outside interference by man. When bees are supposed to eat honey and pollen through the winter, and instead they are fed c&h bleached refined sugar water, and are given antibiotics, they will die. The reason that mites are a problem is because of man, they decide they want a more productive bee and they breed them bigger, now the segments between the plates on their bodies are big enough to allow entrance to said mites. There are a host of problems, ALL caused by interference. Yes the signals screw with the bees life span, it also does this to birds and fish. But let's not panic, after all, the wild bees are still, just that, unaltered and resistant to aforementioned bee plagues. Did you know that we have a solitary bee here in Alaska, it lives alone. Do you know why so many people think that wild bees are extinct? Because they don't look. Sure, they may try to find them for a few days in summer, a few years. But wild bees in nature are amazing. In Alaska we have wild bees and I can tell you this, they're strong. The bee keepers here didn't even believe they existed any longer, or ever for that matter, until I pointed out some wild swarms, and their preferred hive locations. And the box bees that they bring in each year either die during the winter or from plague, or else they kill them intentionally, friggin disgusting.
It's all in the name of profit folks, don't be fooled by anyone, the bottom line for everything, including ATS is profit, not that its evil or wrong, it's just the bottom line that's all.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Gread post...the loss of so many Bees certainly is a problem that should be of utmost concern to..well..everyone really..
My father as well, is a Bee Keeper and has had a number of small hives on his property so its a topic of interest for him and not too long back he mentioned he thought mobile (cell) phones may be diverting them from their hives, messing up homing signals, (which i then thought, dont bees use smell to lead them to the hive of their own)? much like i would imagine such masts as the OP talks of would do, only on a larger scale..seriously scary..
But i agree with other members here who say there are most likely multiple reasonings for this happening.. GM foods (if they can even really be called food at all)! has crossed my mind with this before too, as well as pesticides.. but i cant agree with another member who stated it was 'just a natural' cycle.. could be wrong, but it just doesnt seem that probable with this instance, imo..

would be most interested in seeing pics mentioned..

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

Yeah, I'd have to agree with this. 3G coverage in the UK is up around the 80% mark these days, you can even get it in the middle of nowhere, but our bees are fine.

Isn't another problem you have over there in the US, especially in the south, Africanised Bees? I'm sure I saw somewhere that they were starting to take over the domestic hives.

I just wish I could get rid of the bumble bee nest I get at the bottom of our garden every summer. Protected species my arse!

[edit on 26-3-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I think this is important thread and would like to see some pics as well, if possible. I'll go out and do some hands on research myself.

Thank you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join