It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I know whats killing the bees

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I believe genetically modified food crops have much to do with the bee problem. Plants with built in insecticides are not a good plan no matter how you look at it. Insects are necessary for pollination, to make the plants lethal to the bees is folly. These same poisons can harm humans as well. Some science programs should be banned world wide, the genetic modification of food plants is number one on that list.

If these internet dishes are also killing bees we need to find out exactly what is attracting them and silence it...for the good of all.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
So i just filled up some more in initial OP.

I also spoke to my buddy who says he has some pics on his phone (I'm unsure of quality, but will post what he can find), but it's a start. I know his hobby is photography, so maybe some good future pics.

I'd also like to point out that majority of the stuff i'm ready says bees are disappearing..... not found dead.... meaning there going somewhere doing some thing..... like dieing

When it comes to pesticides found in bee wax, that could be a plausible explanation but living things build up tolerances to chemicals, after all we are carbon, chemicals and electrical impulses... next time one of you go to the doctors ask him to do a pesticide check on your blood, bet there's a whole bunch a goodies in it.

And ten years ago when the bees start to go missing WAS WHEN CELL PHONE BECAME AFFORDABLE.... does that mean 1st Gen wifi?

[edit on 25-3-2010 by FORMe2p00p0n]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FORMe2p00p0n

And ten years ago when the bees start to go missing WAS WHEN CELL PHONE BECAME AFFORDABLE.... meaning 1st Gen wifi?

Cell phones became affordable in 2000? I've had one since about 1996, and I don't recall any stories about bees "disappearing" in major centers that got cell phone towers first (several years prior to 1996), namely New York, LA, London, Moscow, Tokyo. Not to mention, cell phones don't use "wifi", they use radio signals (which have been used widely FAR longer than cell phones). Big difference. If you're suggesting that the 3G connection is what is killing the bees, then you're still not in the right time frame. 3G and 4G are relatively new as far as widespread use. The bees have been disappearing for about a decade or more.

[edit on 3/25/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I have many posts and threads in regards to this on ATS. I am a farm owner and a bee keeper, I also have ties to Michigan State and I can tell you they would be very interested.

Please post any additional info and pics that you come up with, there are many theories and opinions, but the fact remains that bees are disappearing without a trace and not returning to the hives.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

In short.... I'm saying frequencies are attracting these bees to high frequency radio/dish towers (whatever there called 1g 2g 3g 4g gooble gabble for all i care).... there hanging out there and dieing... I think high radio frequencies are doing it.

My friends coming over later, I'll try to get photo's and if he's interested let him post 1st hand what he's seen....

[edit on 25-3-2010 by FORMe2p00p0n]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Doesn't make sense to me Dishes have been around 30 years this just started in the last 4 years. I have read other articles that says it's all the pesticides used on crops they pollinate and the stress commercial bee keeping puts on them for production and trucking them all over the country to pollinate fields of just one kind of plant..

Although this could account for the hives where all the bees just disappear. Perhaps it is a combination of several things?

Everyone needs to get thier own bees and raise them naturally not the commercial way to help preserve them from complete disappearance IMO.

www.backyardhive.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

True they have been...... but so has pesticides, and the pesticides we use today are 25% as deadly as the ones 20 years ago (DDT being just one).

And these dishes you speak of 30 years ago were so far and in between that of coarse no significate effects came out of it..... today there are hundereds if not thousands in each state.

Basically what i'm getting at is the line of flight for the bees... they hit that signal and BAM they want to see what it is... my buddy told me there are thousands of dead bees by these towers..... Maybe you could go drive out to one and verify or disprove it.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FORMe2p00p0n

We produce new pesticides much more frequently than we produce new types of dishes at new frequencies. The frequencies that cell phones use have beeni n use even prior to cellphones for things like television broadcasts, radio broadcasts, military communication, and private sector communication. If the key were, in fact, these "frequencies", we would have seen the bees dying off long before the advent of cell phones.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
About a year or so ago I remember seeing a documentary on the discovery channel about how cell phones and wireless towers were killing bee populations...wished I could remember more about it, you might be onto something.

will let you know if I can recall what show it was, they all seem to muss into each other once you watch to many of them...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Think it is a combination of things but thanks for posting. I would be very interested in the pictures. Whatever it is its heartbreaking):

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HooHaa

Interesting hypothesis. I was leaning more toward GM foods. Thinking it was killing off the larvae. I'm not to keen on how bees navigate. I know they use pheromones and dance a little jig for directions. That is about the extent of my bee navigation knowledge. I'm going to have to look into this one a little deeper.

agree

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The frequency range of mobile communications (GSM, CDMA) is in the order of several hundreds of Mega Hertz ( 10 raised to power 6) to Giga Hertz ( 10 raised to power 9). I doubt bees alone would be vulnerable to the frequencies in this range. May be the power levels found near these tranmitter/receiver dishes are harmful to the bees and similar insects. But need to see research evidence to confirm this.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Timetraveller

The article from Pioneer in one of the earlier posts adds much credibility to the claim linking honey bees and microwave radiation.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Ok, this is a very interesting topic. But I think that Daniel Quinn might argue that this would be the next logical step in the totalitarian farming methods the US has adopted. If Bees are your competition then eliminate them and the food they eat. Keep a close eye on your philodendrons.
So who would be in competition with Bees?
Well who makes the most money on Pollination.
-well seeds are the main benefit from pollination
Who makes the money on seeds?

Conspiracy theory # 34 for the day. We should start a blog...
oh wait!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I think this is a really good possibility that the wireless networks are affecting bees because let's face it, it's pretty much 100% affecting people. I also think that Chemtrails could be contributing also because they are dumping barium and aluminum on us big time and this is CONFIRMED no matter what some chemtrail govt debunkers will tell you. So my money would be for Chemtrails and the massive increase in wireless networks in the last 5 years. The really sick thing is that if the new world order wasn't so evil, we could have some technology that had no harmful affects on people or bees. You guys need to tell people about the new world order every day!
Peace

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I have read a few books and watched a few documentaries on this topic.

The reason that the bees are disappearing is because of our agricultural methods. Bees need diversity to survive and we have made less and less of that with our increased consumption of food.

With fields upon fields of the same crop it is not giving the bees enough diversity in their diet. The bees that are not affected by this disappearance are the ones that have a diverse selection of food.

It makes sense really, we could not survive if we kept eating the same foods over and over again.

I'll try and see if I can get some scientific papers on their findings.

Don't get me wrong, I think that pesticides have some sort of underlying cause as well, but I know they had top experts dissect the dead bees and they said the epidemic was caused by malnourishment.

Pred...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Well...if it comes down to people giving up their cell phones, or all of us dying...I think we are done for. Personally, I hate the whole atmosphere of non-emergency cell phone use. It just makes everyone more ignorant and self-important.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I am the buddy of forme2p00p0n. I too have seen this grey band. I feel that is a sign that the bee itself is dying. I have witnessed it first hand and would really be interested in seeing those pictures you took. It is all too common lately for me to see these occurrences and I am scared to feel that they may be directly related to the growing industry of communications as a whole not just 3g vs 4g vs wifi lets just realise it is everything. I am stock piling some pictures and will release them to the thread/post/blog before this time next week. Lets cross our fingers and hope I am wrong...Best Regards "Zip Tied Lips"
-This last little paragraph was a personal reply I sent to someone but wanted to share it with everyone.-
My friend forme2p00p0n put me on to this site and I will be adding myself soon. To those of you who are saying GM, and pesticides, and diseases, well I can't say I hope you are right because that would be just as bad. But I know what I am seeing and it has me sweating. Like I said I am compiling some pictures and will get them out soon. I will also follow up the pictures with a detailed essay and description of what I have seen.
Thank you everyone for your feedback...Regards
"Zip Tied LIps"
Oh P.S. to the person who had the Einstein quote...you were dead on lets just hope not dead.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
They're dying off as a misanthropic display of sabotaging us as a species by sabotaging themselves first.

the fuse is busted.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
An Earth Vision
Current Environmental Issue
Why the Bees are Dying
- and how to bring them back
by Josef Graf
This article opens the box on the disappearing honeybee issue, so-called Colony Collapse Disorder, by using spiritual ecology and the indications of 20th Century renaissance man, Rudolf Steiner, to realize the common denominator of suspected causes. If entrenched analysts, who have been concertedly looking at external threats for the villain, were to turn their sights 180 degrees, they would discover that "we have met the enemy, and the enemy is us!" - that is, overall human interference.

Excessive interference and the foresight of Rudolf Steiner:

In deference to the spiritual science of Rudolf Steiner, it needs to be said that this modern Renaissance man predicted in 1923 that if humanity continued to cultivate the honeybees by artificial means, we would, within eighty years, witness the mass disappearance of the bees.

Arguably the best-kept secret of the 20th Century, in terms of a resource for social transformation, Rudolf Steiner, in his series of lectures entitled “The Bees,” portrayed the intricate nature of the honeybee community.
In capsule, Steiner warned against both meddling with the natural process of hive society and artificial manipulation of queen bees.

The following list of aspects of human interference with the natural process of bee life, while substantial, is no doubt incomplete:

- The raising of larva in separate quarters, arbitrary feeding of royal jelly to produce queens, then shipping by post to keepers.
- Selection of bee populations for docility, de-selecting for aggression.
- In contrast to the normal 5 or 6-year life span of a queen, “re-queening” after one or two years.
- The grafting of queens - moving larva to artificial cups, then cages for transport.
- Supplanting guard bees with protective measures by humans.
- Keeping hives hyper clean, to reduce production of “nuisance” propolis.
- Using chemical control agents for disease and pests.
- Providing ready-made combs in place of bee-constructed, to save work (production time) for bees.
- In a similar vein, supplying sheets of wax, so bees don’t have to gather and secret their own wax.
- Use of ventilators so the bees don’t have to tend this.
- Use of queen excluders to prevent eggs being laid in inconvenient areas of the hive.
- Moving of hives over long distances at the will of human intention.
- Clipping of queens’ wings.
- Agricultural practices consisting of monocultures that wreak havoc on honeybee diets, and limiting options once the dominant crop is no longer flowering. recognized to prevail at the root of the issue.

New here, just happened to hear this on the radio today about this guy (Rudolf Steiner) in 1923 predicted what is going on today with the bees

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join