It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I know whats killing the bees

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+93 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm going to keep this as short and too the point as possible, I'll post links and more a little later, things are crazy right now for me. but had to spew out something to someone before its forgot.

I recently saw an article on death of 90% of bees in Vancouver and remembered hearing this has been going on all over the US for some time now, like its this unexplainable complex problem.

But just the other day I was talking with a buddy of mine and happened upon this bee topic. He said something like "$hit -my name here- you should see the amount of dead and dieing bees I see all day long". Then it clicked, he works as a dish/tower operator and installs networks across America. He continued on describing countless times he's seen healthy bees flock to these dishes like humans to gold and by the end of the day where dead or half way there. He said they can't resist the signal from these dishes. I have seen articles and heard research on the effects of frequencies on bees and it made complete sense to me.

The Dish network for internet is killing bees, and with no plant pollinators around in time maybe us.

Like I said wanted to just get this out there, I'll follow up with links to try and back this up (when I have an available moment).

Also my bud said he'd be happy to get pictures.

Till then—

Update:

Damn, now I can't stop thinking about this, and I'm flaking on some important shtuff. Anyways I guess that's what superheroes face when trying to save the world. At least it's a good enough excuse for me to flaking

This kinda backs up that they respond to frequencies:

The Sensory Basis of the Honeybee's Dance Language

In these experiments, a bee entered a very simple Y-shaped maze. We played a sound at one end of this two-sided feeder. The side from which the sound came changed unpredictably from one trial to next. If the bee turned toward the sound, she received a reward of sugar water; if she went away from the sound, she received nothing. We observed that the bees learned quickly to turn toward the sound. Claudia Dreller, a graduate student at Würzburg, used the procedure to explore the frequency and amplitude range in which the bees could hear. Dreller's work showed that honeybees sense only low frequencies, those below 500 hertz. They hear these tones with sufficient sensitivity to pick up the sounds of a dancing nestmate, which range from 250 to 300 hertz. They also show some ability to discriminate between frequencies in this range; they can discriminate between low- (20 hertz), medium- (100 hertz) and high-pitched (320 hertz) sounds. We do not yet know for what purpose the bees might use this latter ability.

and then here's an article to back up death by Radio..... Frequencies

Radiation from transmitters wipes out bee colonies

Pattazhy, however, is not the first scientist to notice the phenomenon of CCD occurring in bees due to mobile phone-tower proximity. A limited study at Landau University in 2007, headed by Dr Jochen Kuhn, had found that bees refused to return to their hives when mobile phones were placed nearby. As back as in late 1990s, a researcher, George Carlo, had headed a massive study sponsored by the US Government and the mobile phone industry in America, had said, “I am convinced that the possibility is real.”

and with the last bit of space here is wiki 3g frequencies

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

[edit on 26-3-2010 by FORMe2p00p0n]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I would like to see the pictures, my father is a Bee Keeper and I think he would be very interested.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FORMe2p00p0n

very interesting..wasnt it einstein that said something along the lines of "when the worlds bee's disappear man will only have 3 years left to live"

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
That is not good news. I for one anxiously await more details and pictures. S&F for bringing this to our attention.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Certainly sounds feasible... Get those pics and show the world, as it's stumping alot of scientists at the moment (Although... What doesn't).

Vibrations and Frequencies.... Natures way..

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
S@F Good work...

this isn't just a problem in the US, its a problem all over the world and its been going on for a couple years now.

looks like we have something to send into meth busters.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

It's because of all of these so called scientists screwing around with stuff that they don't fully understand.

I do realize there are some good scientist still around and they are very bright.

However, any scientist that is involved in this is a moron.

It would be wise to turn those colliders off and leave them off.

It is not meant for us to know what is going on out in the Universe. Perhap's if we were more concerned about what is going on on Planet Earth, problems like these could have been avoided.

No bees equals no life.

~ Zeus

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Zeus2573]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Very plausible theory and, it seems, would be very easy to research.

Getting the pics would a very good idea.

My step father is a bee keeper in Australia.

I am going to ask him what he thinks of the idea.

... mmm in saying that, we have lots of 3G etc dishes here in Oz and I our Bee populations are doing fine ... We export a lot of bees to the US to bolster their stocks ...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I can understand how you came to this theory... it’s a good one... However, i do not think believe that it is caused by these networks...

As Horza explained, the bee population in Oz is fine and they have the same networks as the rest of the word.

Plus I’ve seen Bee keepers move there Bees out into the middle of the desert to protect them and they have still died...

Personally i think it is a combination of things...

Pesticides
Varroa mites
Nosema
Climate Change (before i get flamed i didn’t say man made climate change so all you people with flamethrowers can now back down)
Reduction of biodiversity due to intense farming techniques

Having said that i cannot completely rule out your theory... it could definitely be one of the contributing factors!!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

probably because Australia has one of the worst connections around, you lose reception as soon as you leave the city.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

ok i didn’t realise that!! Good point...

However, i still stick to my original conclusion regarding a combination of factors!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The thing is.. In the UK Urban bees are becoming "Trendy" and are thriving in urban hives.. The concentration of WIFI/Radio waves in an urban area must bee (lol) more extreme..

Last summer I was photographing some bees in the garden and they had a weird grey powder band on their abdomens

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

Can you post a photo of these bees?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The bees were dying off long before 3G networks were even considered a feasible reality. I recall reading about the amazing die-off of bees in the southwestern corner of the United States about ten years ago, puzzling researchers until they started linking it to a series of pathogens/funguses, rather than a single causative agent. Of course, some of these could be the result of direct human interference, but it seems more likely, at least from a scientific standpoint, that it's just an unfortunate, though wholly natural, illness spreading through the bee communities.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Interesting hypothesis. I was leaning more toward GM foods. Thinking it was killing off the larvae. I'm not to keen on how bees navigate. I know they use pheromones and dance a little jig for directions. That is about the extent of my bee navigation knowledge. I'm going to have to look into this one a little deeper.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a new study just out points to pesticide use as the most likely culprit. The researchers discovered that over 800 samples of wax and bee pollen contained 121 different types of pesticides within the samples. Bee experts worry that hive exposure to multiple pesticides--coupled with things like viruses, weather and poor nutrition--is the likely cause

Read more: www.sfgate.com...

complete article here

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I wish someone would take the hive living in the tree in my front yard.
the problem is getting the bees out without cutting the tree.

Its a wild hive and i think that has something to do with it not dieing off.

What i understand is that its increasingly appears that the bees are succumbing to a long-ignored underlying condition—inbreeding.
discovermagazine.com...:int=1&-C=

many small hobbyist beekeepers collect wild hive around there areas and are not having the die off of the big commercial keepers.
the wild hives that survived the Veroa Mite in the 1990s seam to be stronger then commercial hives.

Inbreeding, Over use, limited crop fielding. To many hive at hive sites that allow disorders to spread through the side by side hives.

If i was going to pollinate crops i would space the hives at least 50 feet apart across the crop i wanted pollinated.
I also would set up to breed my own queens from a mix of wild Veroa Mite clean hives and the most genetic mixed commercial bees i could find.
www.wvu.edu...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Interesting theory...
...I have been following this for some time...
...Australian bees are quite different apparently...
...maybe not affected by 3G.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The Bee issue was resolved several months ago - it was from an israeli virus - actually I think it may have been linked further to an Australian virus

earthhopenetwork.net...

cheers,
audas.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Great post!

I've never considered this possibility. Ironically, I have a friend that's apparently beating cancer who claims that the "wireless" tower nearby is the culprit of his illness.

So, what do we do now? The mobile phone companies (at least in Canada) are as evil entities as Monsanto. Serioulsy. Canadians pay more for cellular "service" then ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD!! Telus lackie explained "ya, but look how vast oiur country is with a small population"

May have a point...but highest fees in the world? No wonder cell companies are screaming to get into this market.

So now these bastards aren't just starving my bank account; they're gonna starve me too! &%@#**%$#uckers!! Does Prince Charles have stock in Bell telephone?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join